BD2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
i'm using the (e) version because i need the languages in it; i noticie now who this fix is only for the us XD sorry for the waste of time
blink.gif

Akotan

Mathematical!
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I was wondering: is there a way to update this fix without changing all the files? Like, I want to update the cheat file, what to do? Can I just replace it?

And, playing a clean GTA: Chinatown Wars file using YSMenu allows me to play via WiFi Connection?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BD2 said:
i'm using the (e) version because i need the languages in it; i noticie now who this fix is only for the us XD sorry for the waste of time
blink.gif
Someone said the US version had languages... I haven't started it yet so I really can't check.
Anyone else care to comment on the languages?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Akotan said:
I was wondering: is there a way to update this fix without changing all the files? Like, I want to update the cheat file, what to do? Can I just replace it?You can update the cheats by copying the new file over.
But if you are talking about updating YSMenu then no, you need to rebuild the whole thing.
Akotan said:
And, playing a clean GTA: Chinatown Wars file using YSMenu allows me to play via WiFi Connection?As far as I know, it should.

QUOTE(Gundam Eclipse @ Oct 13 2009, 11:23 AM)
So...no one has a fix for me? ;_;
I've told you what to do many times.
If it's not working for you, then you're most likely doing something wrong with your YSMenu.

Chronoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please, is there a way to make the EU version works on the m3simply? I'm playing the US version but i prefere the EU for the language, i'm italian! Thanks in advance!

Chronoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's out! There's a patch that make the EU version works on the m3simply with the ysmenu, just tried and it works!

dbridges

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Akotan said:
I was wondering: is there a way to update this fix without changing all the files? Like, I want to update the cheat file, what to do? Can I just replace it?You can update the cheats by copying the new file over.
But if you are talking about updating YSMenu then no, you need to rebuild the whole thing.
Akotan said:
And, playing a clean GTA: Chinatown Wars file using YSMenu allows me to play via WiFi Connection?As far as I know, it should.

QUOTE(Gundam Eclipse @ Oct 13 2009, 11:23 AM)
So...no one has a fix for me? ;_;
yaypsp.gif

to use ysmenu with dstti for getting Mario_and_Luigi_Bowsers_Inside_Story working on the toptoy you must first download the latestest ysmenu at http://home.usay.jp/pc/etc/nds/ YSMenu(2009/03/21 17:00)zip and the DSTTI firmware TTMenu_V1.17a07. make a new folder on desktop and extract the dstti firrmware and the ysmenu to the folder. run the ttextract which will generate 2 new files ttdldi.dat and ttpatch.dat. The folder should now look like this with these files {TTMenu, akextract, ttextract, TTMENU.DAT, YSMenu ,YSMenu.nds,,YSMenu, YSMenu_eng, ttdldi.dat,, ttpatch.dat}. Now take the Ysmenu.nds and copy it to the root of your micro ds card and then change the name to TTMENU.DAT next copy the ttdldi.dat, ttpatch.dat, YSMenu, YSMenu_eng, and the TTMenu folder to the root. Lastly open the Ysmenu config iini with notepad and change the language to english{ Edit the YSmenu.ini, "LITERALS=LITERALS_JAP" to "LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG". enable by removing the colon.}. Place the original mario and luigi file in the game folder and when you run the card it may ask you the boot preference {TTMENU} and you may have to use up/down keys to view games with boot options. It really works, enjoy!!

I've told you what to do many times.
If it's not working for you, then you're most likely doing something wrong with your YSMenu.

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all!

Okay, so I built my version of YSMenu using Method B from twiztidsinz's instructions on the first post here.

I'm very happy with everything and I can't thank twiztidsinz enough for his excellent tutorial.
smile.gif

Just one simple question.

How can I remove the "Yasu Software - YS menu" on the bottom of the screen?

It looks like it's in the YSMenu.nds file that comes zipped in the YSMenu0903270000.zip file

I've done a hex edit turning that spot into spaces and then injected it back into the zip file using WinRar.

However, when I try to build the firmware and transfer all of the files over to my memory card, it doesn't boot.

If there's anyone here that can help me problem solve the solution, could you please post a response?

Many thanks ahead!

Cheers!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Steffenfield said:
Hey all!

Okay, so I built my version of YSMenu using Method B from twiztidsinz's instructions on the first post here.

I'm very happy with everything and I can't thank twiztidsinz enough for his excellent tutorial.
smile.gif

Just one simple question.

How can I remove the "Yasu Software - YS menu" on the bottom of the screen?

It looks like it's in the YSMenu.nds file that comes zipped in the YSMenu0903270000.zip file

I've done a hex edit turning that spot into spaces and then injected it back into the zip file using WinRar.

However, when I try to build the firmware and transfer all of the files over to my memory card, it doesn't boot.

If there's anyone here that can help me problem solve the solution, could you please post a response?

Many thanks ahead!

Cheers!
You can't as far as I can tell... its his watermark.
I just made it a part of my skin. I have a Vista like skin and made it appear in as a program in the taskbar.

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems like there should be a way to remove that at the bottom line of the screen.

The one thing I noticed is if I hex edit YSMenu.nds and inject it back into the zip file, it goes from a size 283k to 284k. I don't get that.

But even after I built the firmware, I'm not finding his "watermark seal" as you called it anywhere.

Any intelligent hackers here willing to hunt that down for me?

Many thanks ahead!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Steffenfield said:
It seems like there should be a way to remove that at the bottom line of the screen.

The one thing I noticed is if I hex edit YSMenu.nds and inject it back into the zip file, it goes from a size 283k to 284k. I don't get that.

But even after I built the firmware, I'm not finding his "watermark seal" as you called it anywhere.

Any intelligent hackers here willing to hunt that down for me?

Many thanks ahead!
Basically, the YSMenu.nds file becomes _DS_MENU.DAT, but needs to be converted... that's why you can't see any standard text in the file.
The odd part about it is, I went into the YSMenu.nds file and replaced the "Yasu Software - YSMenu" with spaces (hex:20) rather than a blank (hex:00) and it wouldn't work, so I have to guess that there's a check somewhere else.
While I have no doubt it would be possible, the question is: Is it worth it?
It's just some text on the screen, no big deal... do you really want to waste time hacking it out?

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It's just some text on the screen, no big deal... do you really want to waste time hacking it out?

Yes it is! Thank you for asking! *lol*

I can send somebody a Google Voice invite if this can somehow get resolved.

Cheers!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Steffenfield said:
QUOTE said:

Yes it is! Thank you for asking! *lol*

I can send somebody a Google Voice invite if this can somehow get resolved.

Cheers!Well... I've found 4 instances of "Yasu software - YSMenu"
First two are in arm9.bin, which you can see by throwing the whole NDS file into a hex editor.
Second two are in banner.bin, which you'll need to unpack from the ROM to find.

First string is written:
Code:
Yasu software - YSMenu
hex: 59 61 73 75 20 73 6F 66 74 77 61 72 65 20 2D 20 59 53 4D 65 6E 75
Second is written:CODE
Y a s uÂÂ s o f t w a r eÂÂ -ÂÂ Y S M e n u
hex: 59 00 61 00 73 00 75 00 20 00 73 00 6F 00 66 00 74 00 77 00 61 00 72 00 65 00 20 00 2D 00 20 00 59 00 53 00 4D 00 65 00 6E 00 75

However, in my testing changing ANY of those resulted in YSMenu (as firmware) not loading.
I haven't tried running the NDS file itself... You're more than welcome to give it a shot yourself.

With that said... I'm going to have to ask that talk of hacking YSMenu for details like that be asked elsewhere (another thread perhaps) as this topic is about YSMenu in relation to the DSTT v1.17a07 and getting M&L:BiS and related games to work. However, you should be forewarned that a topic relating to the hacking of YSMenu will possibly (probably?) get locked as something like that would probably not make Yasu happy.
Can't hurt to try though.

Steffenfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks a ton twiztidsinz for looking into this for me.

Sorry about the improper etiquette for posting such a request within this thread, I'll let it go now.

Cheers buddy!
smile.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Steffenfield said:
Hey, thanks a ton twiztidsinz for looking into this for me.

Sorry about the improper etiquette for posting such a request within this thread, I'll let it go now.

Cheers buddy!
smile.gif
It's really not a problem, but it's beyond the scope of this thread and I've reached the limit of what I can do, so if you want further help, you'll have to start a proper topic that will get the attention of those who know how to modify a ROM like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email