OmarGudnyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asdf said:
lolboy said:
Guys,,, i hate to ask this but how do i get this working with R4i sdhc?? i tried to look everywhere but no luck.... and it will be helpfull for people with R4i.
When it asks you which card you use, say DSTT. The R4i-SDHC is a clone of the DSTT.
Umm...I don't see DSTT... it only has: R4/N5/M3 Simply

So since I'm an R4i SDHC user...and have the same red box as lolboy...what should I do..?

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OmarGudnyz said:
asdf said:
lolboy said:
Guys,,, i hate to ask this but how do i get this working with R4i sdhc?? i tried to look everywhere but no luck.... and it will be helpfull for people with R4i.
When it asks you which card you use, say DSTT. The R4i-SDHC is a clone of the DSTT.
Umm...I don't see DSTT... it only has: R4/N5/M3 Simply

So since I'm an R4i SDHC user...and have the same red box as lolboy...what should I do..?
Really? I could have sworn it said DSTT. I don't know then.

OmarGudnyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyways...regardless of which r4dldi.dat file I have... I still can't load anything with YSmenu... It tells me: Error - Unsupported DLDI Name [OK(A)]

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OmarGudnyz said:
Anyways...regardless of which r4dldi.dat file I have... I still can't load anything with YSmenu... It tells me: Error - Unsupported DLDI Name [OK(A)]
r4dldi.dat is for homebrew.
Have you tried deleting TTMENU.SYS from the root of your card?

alchemy121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so this is the first time I'm going to try to update my R4 (The black version of the R4), and I have a few questions that may or may not have been answered.
[*] This is obviously my first time updating the R4 since I got it last year and applied 1.18 from the main website. It's been working fine, but I was just wondering what features this fix offers compared to the R4.
[*]Do I have to have something already applied to my R4 before I do these upgrades? As I stated before, I only upgraded it once with the 1.18 upgrade found on the R4 website. If I do have to upgrade or do some things with my R4 before I apply this patch, could someone post a link to a guide that shows how to execute the upgrade?
[*] Is there a possibility that this upgrade/update will make my R4 useless? I'm prone to accidents, especially with things like this.
Thanks in advance!
yaynds.gif

jasondm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
OmarGudnyz said:
r4dldi.dat is for homebrew.
Have you tried deleting TTMENU.SYS from the root of your card?

I have the same problem, except my situation is a bit different. I'm trying to get this to work on my M3i. Everything goes great but I get the Unsupported DLDI Name error. TTMENU.SYS is never created either.

Should I even be trying it on the m3i?

Offtopic: touchpod sucks, sakura doesn't yet support current releases, and both sakura and itouch's cheat browser sucks royal ass. How's AK2i's cheat browser?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alchemy121 said:
  • This is obviously my first time updating the R4 since I got it last year and applied 1.18 from the main website. It's been working fine, but I was just wondering what features this fix offers compared to the R4.
Numerous game fixes and faster loading times.
alchemy121 said:
  • Do I have to have something already applied to my R4 before I do these upgrades? As I stated before, I only upgraded it once with the 1.18 upgrade found on the R4 website. If I do have to upgrade or do some things with my R4 before I apply this patch, could someone post a link to a guide that shows how to execute the upgrade?
Nope.
If you use R4YSAuto to build YSMenu as a firmware it will completely replace your R4's firmware.
Alternatively, you could build it as a Moonshell replacement (it makes a MOONSHEL.NDS file to replace the Moonshell launcher), or stand alone NDS file which can be launched like a game from the R4 firmware.
I suggest firmware replacement.
alchemy121 said:
  • Is there a possibility that this upgrade/update will make my R4 useless? I'm prone to accidents, especially with things like this.
Nah... To the best of my knowledge, it's totally safe.
If worse comes to worse, you can always re-download the official firmware and replace it.

Your R4 skin will work with YSMenu, though you might need to tweak it a bit.
If you need help with that, let me know and I can fix your skin for you.

QUOTE(jasondm @ Sep 28 2009, 08:40 PM)
I have the same problem, except my situation is a bit different. I'm trying to get this to work on my M3i. Everything goes great but I get the Unsupported DLDI Name error. TTMENU.SYS is never created either.

Offtopic: touchpod sucks, sakura doesn't yet support current releases, and both sakura and itouch's cheat browser sucks royal ass. How's AK2i's cheat browser?
I'm not familiar with the M3i, but since you mention Sakura, I would guess it's an M3 Real card/clone.
If so, M3Reals have a firmware that fixes the problem with M&L:BIS.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
alchemy121 said:
Okay, so this is the first time I'm going to try to update my R4 (The black version of the R4), and I have a few questions that may or may not have been answered. [*] This is obviously my first time updating the R4 since I got it last year and applied 1.18 from the main website. It's been working fine, but I was just wondering what features this fix offers compared to the R4.
[*]Do I have to have something already applied to my R4 before I do these upgrades? As I stated before, I only upgraded it once with the 1.18 upgrade found on the R4 website. If I do have to upgrade or do some things with my R4 before I apply this patch, could someone post a link to a guide that shows how to execute the upgrade?
[*] Is there a possibility that this upgrade/update will make my R4 useless? I'm prone to accidents, especially with things like this.Thanks in advance!
yaynds.gif
1) Better ROM compatibility. Will play previously problematic games without the need for any patches/fixes.

2) No, just delete all traces of the R4 firmware.

3) No, the worst that will happen is the YSMenu won't load properly. If you can't get YSMenu to run just delete it and revert back to the old R4 v1.18. There will be no permanent damage.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
alchemy121 said:
Okay, so this is the first time I'm going to try to update my R4 (The black version of the R4), and I have a few questions that may or may not have been answered. [*] This is obviously my first time updating the R4 since I got it last year and applied 1.18 from the main website. It's been working fine, but I was just wondering what features this fix offers compared to the R4.
[*] Is there a possibility that this upgrade/update will make my R4 useless? I'm prone to accidents, especially with things like this.Thanks in advance!
yaynds.gif

It offers alot better compatibility for games, better cheat file support and a few other things. If you've got an EZ Flash 3-in-1 it also offers GBA, Gameboy and NES support ie. you can load the games from the loader menu without loading any other apps beforehand.

The update shouldn't do any damage to your R4 at all, even if you install it incorrectly. Using one of the auto-generators it's pretty straightforward. If you've got an R4 I definitely recommend using it over the official firmware.

QUOTE(jasondm @ Sep 29 2009, 01:40 AM) I have the same problem, except my situation is a bit different. I'm trying to get this to work on my M3i. Everything goes great but I get the Unsupported DLDI Name error. TTMENU.SYS is never created either.

No you shouldn't be trying it on the M3i. The carts it's for is listed in the topic description.

edit : Beaten by Depravo! lol

jasondm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
No you shouldn't be trying it on the M3i. The carts it's for is listed in the topic description.

;[

Shame, I like ysmenu more than the sakura, touchpod and itouch. Think there's a way to get it to work on the m3i?

In the meantime, I guess I'll deal with the touchpod (bleargh) on my m3i and use this on my r4.

alchemy121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, thank you for all the replies ^^

Sadly, my day is coming to an end, so I will be attempting this process over the weekend. My school life is too hectic this week, I actually have to study (haven't properly studied since....
unsure.gif
)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
felix123398 said:
everytime i delete TTMENU.SYS from my card it always re-creates it when I try to load a game
That's fine..
You just need to delete it once so that it recreates the up-to-date version.

nintendoman562

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
htoxad said:
nintendoman562 said:
I did everything you said and I get:
[Rom loading failed]
disk errcode=-82
I'm using an R4 and I never used YSMENU until now.
1. Copy everything off the SD card.
2. Reformat using http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603
3. Copy everything back.
I did that and all the roms work except for this one. I just get a white screen.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendoman562 said:
htoxad said:
nintendoman562 said:
[Rom loading failed]
disk errcode=-82
1. Copy everything off the SD card.
2. Reformat using http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603
3. Copy everything back.
I did that and all the roms work except for this one. I just get a white screen.
try creating ysmenu again using the a07,you might've done something wrong

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendoman562 said:
[Rom loading failed]
disk errcode=-82

I get the exact same error, except with KH instead of M&L.

A reformat of the sd should work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1