ROM Hack Mario & Luigi 3 -WORKING FIX- for REAL R4s/M3Simp/DSTT/YSMenu

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaphoenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this sucks, why won't they have a fix for supercard minisd (slot 2).

i think everything else has a fix now but that. lol.

Dumpsta121

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

So I have the whole thing installed now, the new Ysmenu and everything, but I´m still getting the white screen. Everything else seems to be working.

I have R4 Deluxe.

Any advice?

Dumpsta121

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah!!!!

Never mind! I had the wrong rom too. The Espalnds (sp) seems to really be the best.

So, if I got past the loading screen and past choosing a save file, am I home free, or is there anything else I need to worry about?

I've heard some things about the first time Bowser blows fire?

Well, let's try!

Thanks so much for all the people who made this acessible to me. I live in Brazil, and games are really expensive (I saw this game on average for about 110 US dollars) , so this is really a lifesaver for me.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quincy said:
It greezed again

and i do not think that that will make any difference..
Tried the program and it never finishes
"(
Quincy said:
Official R4DS(Non-spring-loaded)Where does it freeze?
On the file select screen?

I hate to sound like I keep giving out the same advice, but it seems to work for many people...
Back up your games to PC and format your card using the Panasonic SD Formatter: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6603
And copy a new build of YSMenu to the card with R4YSAuto or a2h's YSMenu Generator: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130359
Copy Mario & Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story over, and try to play. If it works, copy your other games over.

megaphoenix said:
this sucks, why won't they have a fix for supercard minisd (slot 2).

i think everything else has a fix now but that. lol.
I think it's because it's a slot2... Have you tried running YSMenu as a NDS file?
Not too sure it will work, but it's worth a shot.

QUOTE(Dumpsta121 @ Sep 29 2009, 08:29 PM)
Thanks so much for all the people who made this acessible to me. I live in Brazil, and games are really expensive (I saw this game on average for about 110 US dollars) , so this is really a lifesaver for me.
That's OBSCENE!!

Dumpsta121

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... tell me about it. Everytime I go home to the states I load up on games. Luckily there is a pretty strong pirating community here. Unluckily a lot of the money goes to dodgy people. That's why I prefer DS roms, no money involved for anyone!

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Yeah, hi. See, when I added YSMenu to my SD card, it made M&L3 work like a charm. Same with my other games but... KH is giving me the "error 81" message. I think I followed the instructions to the letter as stated on the first page of this thread.
It was working fine when I was running 1.18 a day ago prior to putting YSMenu in. So... what did I do wrong and... how can I fix this?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ragingchaosgod said:
Yeah, hi. See, when I added YSMenu to my SD card, it made M&L3 work like a charm. Same with my other games but... KH is giving me the "error 81" message. I think I followed the instructions to the letter as stated on the first page of this thread.
It was working fine when I was running 1.18 a day ago prior to putting YSMenu in. So... what did I do wrong and... how can I fix this?
Yeah... I'm getting that error on SS... No clue why.

Pwright4

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
benjaminlibl said:
Dumpsta121 said:
I live in Brazil, and games are really expensive (I saw this game on average for about 110 US dollars) , so this is really a lifesaver for me.
OMGWTF..?!

You have to be kidding.
I think he meant 110R$ ( which is brazilian currency ), which is + - 55 US dollars.
Still really expensive though
tongue.gif

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
I hate to post this, but there are still people who don't realize that a working fix is out for non-Acekard clones.

Original Thread by denieru7: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181996

Thanks to lolzed for posting in one of the threads I read:
lolzed said:
dstt fix you can use ysmenu too http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181996&st=0

If you use YSMenu and cannot get this working, use Depravo's version of YSMenu (by Maikel Steneker).
You can also use a2h's YSMenu Generator found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130359

I have taken Depravo's modded YSMenu and 'fixed' some things.. http://www.mediafire.com/?mtbzmy2wlzz
+ r4.bat modified to not overwrite r4dldi.dat -- Will not overwrite the good r4dldi.dat
+ r4dldi.dat included with dstt.7z\TTmenu -- No need to add it to your card later
+ USRCHEAT.DAT included with dstt.7z\TTmenu -- No need to add it to your card later

Instructions here
twiztidsinz said:
Two options:

Method A
1). Run R4.bat and answer all the prompted questions according to your card
2). Press 'Enter' when it prompts you to press a key to continue
3). Copy the files to your flashcard (Delete the older files first, like TTMENU.SYS)
4). Copy an updated USRCHEAT.DAT to your TTMenu folder if you're using Depravo's
5). Copy r4dldi.dat to your TTMenu folder if you want to use Homebrew apps/games if you're using Depravo's

Method B
1). Run R4config.bat and answer all the prompted questions according to your card
2). Run R4.bat and press 'Enter' when it prompts you to press a key to continue
3). Copy the files to your flashcard (Delete the older files first, like TTMENU.SYS)
4). Copy an updated USRCHEAT.DAT to your TTMenu folder if you're using Depravo's
5). Copy r4dldi.dat to your TTMenu folder if you want to use Homebrew apps/games if you're using Depravo's

The only difference is if you run R4config.bat it will save your settings to a file.
I would overall recommend the first method because this will hopefully be a temporary fix... if Yasu updates YSMenu.

Original post by Depravo here:
Depravo said:
Here's a version of r4ysauto modified by myself to accept the latest and including the necessary parts of this new DSTT 1.17a07. It even has the latest USRCHEAT file. The only thing missing is YSMenu0903270000 which you can download from Yasu's site.

Credits to Maikel Steneker for creating r4ysauto, Ashley for the unofficial DSTT update and Narin and the Cheat Crew for the cheat file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e2mfndlinzw

For Homebrew users, there is a r4dldi.dat included in the above archive which you will need to launch homebrew apps. See here:QUOTE(denieru7 @ Sep 27 2009, 08:07 AM)
Word to the wise:
The a07 DSTT loader DOES NOT load homebrew on R4s. You need to copy r4dldi.dat from a setup of YSmenu with the official 1.17 loader.

When you copy over the old r4dldi.dat, loading homebrews uses the blue loading bar whereas loading commercial ROMS has a grey bar, proving that they use different loaders or something similar, somehow.

Maybe the mods should sticky this with some kind of flashing lights to cut down on the questions being asked about it.
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Hi ive been using my R4 for ages now but this is the first time tried to fix a problem like this. Ive done arm7 patches and AR codes etc. I followed your option A method but am still getting the error 81 message and am unable to play the game. I used an untrimmed rom and followed all your advice so please... can you tell me how to fix it

mja7033

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i did the fix and i got past the file selection screen and it finally did not freeze on me (b4 i was not using YS MENU). Does this mean this actually will work throughout the entire game. I got to "Toad Town" and im watching cut scenes.

Basically did I "fix" the problem? Do i have anything else to worry about?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Supersonicmonk said:
Hi ive been using my R4 for ages now but this is the first time tried to fix a problem like this. Ive done arm7 patches and AR codes etc. I followed your option A method but am still getting the error 81 message and am unable to play the game. I used an untrimmed rom and followed all your advice so please... can you tell me how to fix itTry a different ROM.
If you've used an unpatched and untrimmed ROM (128MB), deleted the TTMENU.SYS, and aren't using any codes (bypass or not)... then I can only guess that your ROM is bad.

QUOTE(mja7033 @ Sep 30 2009, 03:14 PM) ok so i did the fix and i got past the file selection screen and it finally did not freeze on me (b4 i was not using YS MENU). Does this mean this actually will work throughout the entire game. I got to "Toad Town" and im watching cut scenes.

Grats on getting it to work!! As far as I know, you should be all set...
I cannot say for sure, because I haven't started the game yet -- still working on Partners in Time when not answering questions here, but I haven't heard from anyone else that there are any further problems.

arm1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mja7033 said:
ok so i did the fix and i got past the file selection screen and it finally did not freeze on me (b4 i was not using YS MENU). Does this mean this actually will work throughout the entire game. I got to "Toad Town" and im watching cut scenes.

I am 4 hours in now and no probs. Saves work, mic works, everything WORKS!!!! YAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one