Hacking mario kart wii black screen

waxlabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am having trouble loading mario kart wii (ntsc), the original copy, burnt or iso will try to load and right after the wiimote strap disclaimer screen it will fade to black and lock up there. however when i try to use an iso of a pal copy and force ntsc, it will load perfectly fine. would anyone have a clue of what the issue might be? i am on system menu 4.0 and using cios rev10.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm guessing the ISO and burnt copy was all made from your Original, The Original Disc may be the problem, try downloading a NTSC copy form the net and see if the problem remains

waxlabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think the original disc is the problem, i've got the original disc to play on a few other wiis. i have also tried to download a new ntsc iso and it gives me the same black screen result. it is quite a weird issue and i am not sure why it is doing this.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your ntsc copy work in a different modded Wii? Maybe try reburning it, or see if your ntsc ISO will play properly using a USB Loader. If your not having problems with other games, you might take the advice posted above and download it from a different source, or perhaps dump it again from the original.

[EDIT] Sorry, I didn't read your above post well enough. Can you hear music when the screen goes black, and you press buttons? Unless you accidentally deleted an ios, or made some major recent change, it doesn't make sense that Mario Kart wouldn't work. If you can play ntsc versions of games like Mario Galaxy, then you should be fine. I hope you figure it out. (Maybe try removing any GameCube accessories)

waxlabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for trying to help me figure this out guys...

i havnt deleted any ios. all my other games work fine... mario galaxy, brawl, zelda... etc. it is just weird that my mario kart wii (ntsc) doesnt work, for whatever reason. i have the original disc which doesnt work (although it plays fine on another wii console), the iso burnt or through usb loader doesnt work. they all fade to black and freeze. there is no sound but i think the drive is still spinning or trying to read the disc. i was gonna think that maybe my lens needs to be clean but that could not be it since it wont load off usb/hdd also.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if its not the IOS {it doing the same thing on USB Loader kindof confirms that} and you swear its not the disc, maybe try deleteing its save file, I'm kicking myself for even suggesting it cause it sounds stupid

edit: also if it was messing the IOS, the game shouldn't even load to the Warning Strap Screen, And you said, that you download a NTSC copy from the net and it done the same thing, USB Loader also re-directs the game to Use IOS249, either try removing its save which i highly doubt will work or you could try using a different CIOSrev9 or rev10 for the USB Loader and see if it loads thata way

waxlabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've tried deleting the save file but there isnt one because it never got through the black screen to create one.

edit: i think i will give rev9 a try right now.

edit: black screen on ciosrev9 also.

also the pal copy i downloaded works fine burnt or through usb loader... i just have to force ntsc it. which is extremely weird that my original, burnt or usb load for ntsc would go to black screen and not work.

moquette

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wum.talevas.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
I noticed the same problem on my Wii.

I was in NTSC Jap in the past, Wiikey v1 jap, all good with Mario Kart Wii JAP and PAL.
Since I moved to NTSC US firmware (3.2U) (without changing the wiikey region to US, maybe it is my mistake), and now MarioKart JAP still work, but the PAL blackscreen just after the Wiimote screen...

I also was thinking about a IOS missing issue, but after check, I have all needed IOS contained is the origial disc update of MarioKart PAL...

I still not solved this issue, maybe we can cross experience. Did you change region of your firmware ?

Gan1664

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well i wasn't alone !!

I has the same problem: usbloader did'nt want to copy the game and WBFS manager was closing when opening the iso on PC.

This is what i did: open the iso with wiiscrubber, and delete the partition 2 ( You have 3 partition on the game: partition 0 is the update, partition 1 is the game and the partition 2 is the Mario Kart channel install).
After deleting the partition 2, WBFS manager is able to open the iso and add it on your usb drive !!

waxlabo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just tested with a ntsc-j version and that works fine also. i am really clueless whats going on and why the normal ntsc version wont work.
ohmy.gif

fredward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the black screen on Mario kart and I have done everything to get it running off the hard drive and still no go. I have 4.1u using a 500gb hdd and all my other games work except this one. anyone know how to resolve this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol