Hacking Mario kart update freezes half way through

djcreek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I am having trouble with mario kart on my pal wii, it starts to do the update it requires to play but stops half way and doesn't continue. This is an original copy of mario kart although my wii is modded. Ever since the problems with mario galaxy i have bought original games and had no problems until now, i am guessing the two are linked somehow. I am worried that it is freezing because it has detected the mod chip but i was hoping someone could confirm this for sure and tell me how i can get round it and whether i may have done any permanent damage? I have tried updating online and it says i am up to date, i have tried updating from mario kart game disc several times and each time it gets stuck at the same point. After removing the power cable and resetting the wii it still works fine. All my original games work and some old copies i still have work too so the mod chip hasn't been disabled. Any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

DJCreek

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no it's probably a dirty disc.. update the wii to the highest online firmware n try again, probably won't need to update then.

gamidi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Update with SSBB Usa disk, and mario kart will not ask you for update. Just follow the guide for avoiding the dual channels on your pal wii. And update your modchip to the latest version so things like the Super Mario Galaxy #001 error wont happen again.

djcreek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK thanks guys, i'll give it a try.

I have already updated to the latest firmware online and it still doesn't work. I have read in several other threads though that you can only do the required updates from disc and not online. The only trouble i have with updating the mod chip is that i haven't got a wiikey, it's a wiikey clone called the cheapwii i think and i've not been able to update the firmware using any of the wiikey releases. I know some clones you are supposed to be able to but it would seem not mine.

Does anyone know if it would work if i removed my modchip, installed the update from my original mario kart disc and then reffitted the modchip? Also has anyone tried putting an enable/disable switch on the chips for this type of thing or would this not work for any reason?

I'll give the SSBB thing a try anyhow but if i cant update my modchip i'm probably wasting my time. I think i should probably order a proper wiikey as well!

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
modchips don't mess with the updates, especially not halfway through.
you can edit the SSBB iso to remove the need for an up to date modchip, do a search on trucha. You can remove the 001 error and remove the channels from the update. And then update from that, and voila MK will work without askin for an update.

Mr.kuchinawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm guessing you have a wiikey? In that case, the latest firmware of the chip interferes with the update. You will have to disable the updateblocker.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mr.kuchinawa said:
I'm guessing you have a wiikey? In that case, the latest firmware of the chip interferes with the update. You will have to disable the updateblocker.
the update blocker does not work like that, it won't let the game even start the update. and it is disabled by default.

Mr.kuchinawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
manias said:
Mr.kuchinawa said:
the update blocker does not work like that, it won't let the game even start the update. and it is disabled by default.

I see. Glad to be corrected

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password