Hacking Mario Kart 8 Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who the hell cares? Don't be so effing bitter about this. No wonder people don't want to release their hacks, because of attitudes like yours and the fear-mongering that's spread from said attitudes.
ITT: The posers in the 3DS "hacking" community sc33n k1dz are comparable to ruining fun in online games.

so people want homebrew
People want piracy and/or cheating.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ITT: The posers in the 3DS "hacking" community sc33n k1dz are comparable to ruining fun in online games.

People want piracy and/or cheating.

Do I smell bitterness? You clearly have had your jimmies rustled, you should take five. And if you're gonna quote someone, at least do it right and use their username instead of removing it because people don't know who you're quoting. Of course people want piracy, many of the people on here want it, we're not trying to hide it, but for hell's sake man, get over it. Cheating I don't care about, disabling region locking is something that should be a part of this, region locks are for noobs anyway. Grow a pair, get over it and move on, there's nothing and I mean nothing, you can do personally to stop this progression.

Three letters: BFD

Dyshonest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I smell bitterness? You clearly have had your jimmies rustled, you should take five. And if you're gonna quote someone, at least do it right and use their username instead of removing it because people don't know who you're quoting. Of course people want piracy, many of the people on here want it, we're not trying to hide it, but for hell's sake man, get over it. Cheating I don't care about, disabling region locking is something that should be a part of this, region locks are for noobs anyway. Grow a pair and get over it.

Three letters: BFD
Such a stickler for posting format...
I find it humorous that piracy is so openly talked about/wanted/told how to do here, but people claim GBATemp went "legit" a few years back, lol.
Disabling region lock is a good thing. Too bad it comes with a heavy cost.

A few words: What the hell is BFD?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because Wii hombrew stuff was all about cheating and piracy right?
For the most part, yes. Not all, of course, but most users simply want teh free gamez and don't care about anything else. The only other relevant things are emulators and media players... both of which can be used to play pirated content :P

Anyway, track mods would be awesome, but it's a looong road till we get that. Like, Rainbow Road N64 3 laps-long.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whoa, bitch fight on aisle 3, somebody call the cleaners! :D

Mario Kart 8 mods anyway, great news! Congrats to the guys: if this ends up getting even close to the sort of stuff Wiimm and his gang did with Mario Kart Wii I can't wait! *two thumbs up!*

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well to be honest I'm not interested in modding, don't have enough time to finish my current games to start jerking around with new stuff :P
I'm more interested in the way the exploit works, and if it will open the door for other modifications, like disabling the HDD formatting mesage, or enabling Gamecube disc reading, WiiUMC player, etc...

Reactions: Margen67

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For the fools that scream fake.
Bean and Chadderz are the two leading MKWii hackers along with mdmwii.

Sweet, hope that it takes off and custom tracks like the Wii version will be made.
Hopefully more outrageous ones then the giant mushroom one.

Edit:
Extreme slow response, me bad :c

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Custom tracks on MK8 would be awesome to see someday, surprised Chad and Bean are already onto something. On a side note when did this place become so toxic? No wonder no one wants to release anything

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
For the most part, yes. Not all, of course, but most users simply want teh free gamez and don't care about anything else. The only other relevant things are emulators and media players... both of which can be used to play pirated content :P

Anyway, track mods would be awesome, but it's a looong road till we get that. Like, Rainbow Road N64 3 laps-long.

I agree the average user saw HBC as a piracy machine, but I was refering to Dyshonest generalization, and relevant things are subjetive, in my case it was convenient have a Backup Loader to store my Wii games collection, or playing Gamecube games with a Classic Controller, having a SaveManager was nice for me too, not counting I was able to play 3 PAL games never released in america becuase the region locking.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, I'm Chadderz, I'm the one on the computer in the video.

It may seem a bit of a leap from game moders to console exploiters, but someone has to gvie it a go! Since we've mastered MKWii I felt MK8 was the logical next step. What I created is an exploit which upgrades permissions from user mode to supervisor mode on the Espresso core, thus allowing us to break down the isolation between the browser and the game and directly change stuff. The livestream was done several hours after I first did this, so hence all we showed were really basic obvious tricks like text mods.

As we stated we're against piracy and against cheating so don't expect us to be releasing any of that, but we do want to see a return of custom content to both MK8 and other Wii U games.

i may have missed it in the video , but i was curious if you on 5.0.0 doing that , or not... if not what FW is the text and music hack running on ?

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm....whats the best way to get in touch with these guys. I need to do something similar...for science, before the release of Super Smash Brothers Wii U :D
-credits- I am part of Project M and a respected members of the Brawl hacking scene :D

Lehrer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm....whats the best way to get in touch with these guys. I need to do something similar...for science, before the release of Super Smash Brothers Wii U :D
-credits- I am part of Project M and a respected members of the Brawl hacking scene :D

Mr. Bean answers his Twitch @ http://www.twitch.tv/mrbean35000vr and his YouTube @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9mWYDJV20cETkeVm53A4A and you could probably ask for his skype from those two, but like he said he probably won't release any of it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...