Mario Kart 8 DLC Help

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Dungeonseeker, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Dungeonseeker
    OP

Dungeonseeker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2016
    When running MK8 with Loadiine and the latest update I've noticed there is a blank box on the main menu which isn't there if I run the game with updates disabled so I'm assuming it's something to do with DLC.

I actually own both the DLCs anyway but I no longer have my disc (I still have it but it's scratched and doesn't boot anymore) so how can I go about getting the DLC files to use with the Loadiine version?

2. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Fan

May 30, 2016
    United States
    You can't use DLC with loadiine. The only thing you can do is inject the courses into the old courses and overwrite them. (the names will still show the original courses but will be the DLC courses.) There's a tutorial about it here

https://gbatemp.net/threads/【tutorial】how-to-play-mario-kart-8-dlc-tracks-in-loadiine-in-a-quick-dirty-way.415344/

So you're basically having to sarcrifice the original courses to play the DLC ones. What I do is have 2 copies of Mario Kart 8 on my sd card one for the original game one for DLC courses.

Last edited by NoSoul81, Aug 11, 2016
  3. KillzXGaming

KillzXGaming GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    You can load owned DLC on loadiine...

4. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Fan

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Well that I didn't know.