ROM Hack Official Mario Kart 7 - Custom Track Grand Prix 7 (CTGP-7)

What would you like to see more?

• New Custom Tracks

Votes: 114 61.6%
  • New Extra Features (such as backwards cam, etc)

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try a second time, you need to launch the manager each time the console reboots, NTR CFW is built into the app. (you should be getting a screen asking which NTR version to load when you launch the app, if that's not happening, make sure you have luma and your firmware updated to lastest version.
all good. I just needed to restart the 3DS after installing, I guess.

Turned on 200 and I FINALLY got those last two 3 star Mirror cups that I've been struggling with for months. Thanks man!

LeonardoGrecchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Question: How do I enable the 200cc and led? NTR menu (with X+Y) doesn't display "game patches"
I do only have the 3.4 r2 ntr.bin in the sd root, if that matters

LeonardoGrecchi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
You need to enable it from the manager app first.
It still didn't work for me. Enabled them both in ctgp-7 launcher, but...
GR49HpR.jpg

EDIT: Tried disabling N64 Rainbow Road while enabling both cheats again; got Maka Wuku back (the game still displays N64 Rainbow Road as name, guess this is expected) and Game Patches finally appeared with only 200cc enable-able. Hope that might help finding what is going wrong

Last edited by LeonardoGrecchi,

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
How can i know which version of ctgp7 do i have from a preinstalled cia?

i just lost my mk7 game/save because after trying precompiled builds at that iso site. One of them mistakenly labeled the "different ID one" and it overwrote my mk7 game. Some weird stuff are happening now, like names of the tracks not being edited, yoshi being recolored but luigi's name is shown instead of mrL.

The title screen logo is now Mario in a mk8(?) hovercraft kart instead of being yoshi on a motorbike like the one i used to have. I last had 0.9.2. And either something effy happened to having overwrote mk7 or the overwrote version is a preeetty early build of ctgp7.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It still didn't work for me. Enabled them both in ctgp-7 launcher, but...
GR49HpR.jpg

EDIT: Tried disabling N64 Rainbow Road while enabling both cheats again; got Maka Wuku back (the game still displays N64 Rainbow Road as name, guess this is expected) and Game Patches finally appeared with only 200cc enable-able. Hope that might help finding what is going wrong
I don't think it is related to a CT. The plugin is marked as enabled if it is present at the plugin folder. So for some reason NTR wasn't loading it.
How can i know which version of ctgp7 do i have from a preinstalled cia?

i just lost my mk7 game/save because after trying precompiled builds at that iso site. One of them mistakenly labeled the "different ID one" and it overwrote my mk7 game. Some weird stuff are happening now, like names of the tracks not being edited, yoshi being recolored but luigi's name is shown instead of mrL.

The title screen logo is now Mario in a mk8(?) hovercraft kart instead of being yoshi on a motorbike like the one i used to have. I last had 0.9.2. And either something effy happened to having overwrote mk7 or the overwrote version is a preeetty early build of ctgp7.
Nothing weird there. That happens because you lost the save (the game shows different title screen images only if you have all gold cups). You probably also have an outdated version. Please, build the mod by yourself, to prevent this kind of problems.
Does anyone has only the plugins for NTR method? I lost them :c
Get the 0.10.zip update from my github and you'll find the CTGP-7OnionFS.plg inside resources/update. The other plugins can be recovered by enabling 200cc/Led tricks in the manager.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I don't think it is related to a CT. The plugin is marked as enabled if it is present at the plugin folder. So for some reason NTR wasn't loading it.

Nothing weird there. That happens because you lost the save (the game shows different title screen images only if you have all gold cups). You probably also have an outdated version. Please, build the mod by yourself, to prevent this kind of problems.

Get the 0.10.zip update from my github and you'll find the CTGP-7OnionFS.plg inside resources/update. The other plugins can be recovered by enabling 200cc/Led tricks in the manager.

Well. I'm talking about the default background image. It used to be Yoshi in a red motorbike. Now its mario in a hovercraft. I can't really build it of i need to have some devkit/compiler installed. My pc is an outdated potato. Can't handle any type of recent app due to only 1gb ram (laptop) and i can't find a ddr2 665hz memory anywhere in this country. Only ddr3/ddr4.

It'd be useful to have the game's mod version somewhere on the banner/titlescreen of the game if possible.

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well. I'm talking about the default background image. It used to be Yoshi in a red motorbike. Now its mario in a hovercraft. I can't really build it of i need to have some devkit/compiler installed. My pc is an outdated potato. Can't handle any type of recent app due to only 1gb ram (laptop) and i can't find a ddr2 665hz memory anywhere in this country. Only ddr3/ddr4.

It'd be useful to have the game's mod version somewhere on the banner/titlescreen of the game if possible.
You no longer need DevKitPro. Follow the new NTR method tutorial. It's only 4 steps. You are using an outdated version, that's why the banner isn't changed.

I get an error.
Code:
Error: [string "?"]:39: file doesn't exist

Press A to restart
Press B to exit
Press Y to enable FTP server

FTP state: OFF
I have the files folder on the root of my mSD.
You may have copied the folder incorrectly. What can you see inside it?

KillerBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
PabloMK7/QUOTE said:

I did that, tested in Prepached MK7 cia, and when i play GP 3 seconds after the race starts the game crashes and the 3DS says "An error has been produced"
It works fine on Time Trial, also, trying to connect only and it gives communication error trying to enter

Also, when i build the mod with the BAT (Using MK7 prepatched downloaded USA cia) in some moment it says:

"Invalid file .o .-etc"
"Cant find the file"

And when it finishes, i only got, The CTGP mod folder, the manager.cia and a blank plugin folder with the tittle key folder

Last edited by KillerBunny,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I did that, tested in Prepached MK7 cia, and when i play GP 3 seconds after the race starts the game crashes and the 3DS says "An error has been produced"
It works fine on Time Trial, also, trying to connect only and it gives communication error trying to enter

Also, when i build the mod with the BAT (Using MK7 prepatched downloaded USA cia) in some moment it says:

"Invalid file .o .-etc"
"Cant find the file"

And when it finishes, i only got, The CTGP mod folder, the manager.cia and a blank plugin folder with the tittle key folder
If you have a N3DS and luma make sure you have disabled Faster CPU + L2 cache

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I can't check the installer script because I'm not at home until 3rd January so I don't know what is in line 39 (the one causing the error). The script is inside the installer cia romfs, if you want to check by yourself, sorry for that :(
EDIT: I see the problem, CTGP-7.cia should be inside the files folder, however, it isn't.
Make sure to delete previous installs (CTGP-7 and files folders) before retrying.

Last edited by PabloMK7,

Josemel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys i need help , im new on this of mods, well i made the cia installation and overwrite the original cia for online gaming but when I play online the other people only show on the start line then as soon as the race starts they dessapair and i race alone but the race still continues and the possitions too , i follow all the steps of the installation i did have mi mariokart 7 with update of nintendo 1.1 already install , thanks anyone who help me.

Last edited by Josemel,

PabloMK7

Red Yoshi! ^ω^
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello guys i need help , im new on this of mods, well i made the cia installation and overwrite the original cia for online gaming but when I play online the other people only show on the start line then as soon as the race starts they dessapair and i race alone but the race still continues and the possitions too , i follow all the steps of the installation i did have mi mariokart 7 with patch 1.1 already install , thanks anyone who help me.
Nothing strange here, you are playing with people who don't have CTGP-7, but the normal Mario Kart. Play in the official CTGP-7 community.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8