Mario Galaxy 2 Trailer #3

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, new trailer for the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy 2, sequel to the first one on Wii. We have some new powers, including a rock powerup for Mario where he becomes a stone statue like version of himself, as well as some sort of a light powerup for Yoshi. Have a look-

4478740626_4fa42ff998.jpg

4478114521_81c7782350.jpg

I think the trailer speaks for itself, this is one crazy awesome game. Looks like all the old powerups will be returning as well of course, boo Mario, Bee Mario, etc. Coming May 23rd 2010. Not long now!
biggrin.gif

More screens here and art BTW-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/...57623615489001/

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=119059

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, as much as I liked the hub of the other 3D Mario's, you have to face the facts that it IS completely unnecessary. Here, the level selection is more akin to classic Mario games like Mario 3, Yoshi's Island, and World. A simpler time you could say, but elegant nonetheless. You'll all live, and i'm sure you'll all play this. After all, who doesn't play a game JUST because you can't explore a level selection screen?
tongue.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Cool, another powerup. Looks a bit like Kirby's wheel ability, which is one of my favorite abilities
smile.gif

Seems the level are a bit longer this time as you can see a midpoint flag around 0:47.

D

Deleted_171835

This looks great!

Boulder Mario looks awesome! It seems like Nintendo will top the standard of the first Super Mario Galaxy!
ohmy.gif

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bladexdsl said:
Nin10doFan said:
I'm still disappointed that they removed the hub though..
don't need it in fact 3d hubs are dying out these days. oh fuck them disappearing levels are back in i fucking hate them!!
hate2.gif

less 3d hub material means more general game material,
the hub in super mario sunshine wasn't really good constructed.
the game looks great,
super mario galaxy 2, zelda, metroid, pikmin, some more surprises and ninty is really going to make their promise true
yay.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to hubs, i'll mention that i CAN enjoy them if done well. Mario 64, it was kind of new and innovative in terms of selecting levels. But it doesn't need to be in every 3D platformer out there. The one game i've played where i really though the hub was handled well was in Jak and Daxter (the first one on PS2). That was due to the seamless transitions between the hub and levels. It felt like a true open world that you could explore. Levels didn't load, they were barely even levels. Had they not popped up a level name and changed the music, you might not even think you were really ENTERING a new level. Very seamless, and if you must have a hub, that's how i think it should be.

As it is, Mario games never needed a hub. It's just a glorified level selection screen. I admit that i do like exploring them, but we have the actual levels for that. So all is well anyways.
smile.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish the stages were bigger and there was one HUGE five hour long water stage with lots of red shells to ride.
I really liked that part of Galaxy one but it was painfully short.
This one should most likely be the same, but from what I heard it might actually be better so hopefully they'll do a fun stage twice or something.

Graphics seem to have had an upgrade though I think Nintendo was holding out on third parties with the High Resolution mode anyway.

If I know my family any they'll be begging me to buy the game play it for two minutes and then wonder why I ask for help paying for the thing. Damn you mario... damn you!

Oh also game needs a third person view mode.... you know you want it.... (not just view to look but in full confusing action.... would make jumping off planets more fun....)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by third person view mode? The game is already in 3rd person. I assume you mean 1st person or something... Let's keep that out of the game unless it is a look mode.

And tell me something, anyone. What's better about the graphics. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing looking game, probably the best looking Wii game on the system. But so was the original, i see no difference really. Both games look identical to me in terms of graphic quality or whatever. I've not seen anything yet in the trailers or screens that give me the impression it looks any better than the original. Again though, already looks better than many games on even the PS360. Just wondering what other people see that i don't. Specifically.

JackDeeEss

Trophies
XP
Country
It looks like the Mario Head Planet is a sort of Mini-hub, so those people who wanted one are pleased, and the ones who didn't want one are pleased aswell, (seeing as all you do is walk forward to play the actual game.)

The Boulder And Light Power-ups sorta shocked me. The fact that Ninty are still creating Powerups under our noses, Might suggest that there's more to come our way.

And Ghost Mario is Back! Always a favourite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc