Mario Galaxy 2 Trailer #3

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Mar 31, 2010.

Mar 31, 2010

Mario Galaxy 2 Trailer #3 by granville at 6:20 PM (1,749 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Hey all, new trailer for the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy 2, sequel to the first one on Wii. We have some new powers, including a rock powerup for Mario where he becomes a stone statue like version of himself, as well as some sort of a light powerup for Yoshi. Have a look-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think the trailer speaks for itself, this is one crazy awesome game. Looks like all the old powerups will be returning as well of course, boo Mario, Bee Mario, etc. Coming May 23rd 2010. Not long now! [​IMG]

More screens here and art BTW-
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/...57623615489001/

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=119059

2. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Looks pretty nice! I'm still disappointed that they removed the hub though..

3. Deadmon

Member Deadmon A Temper

Canada
    Looks solid.

It's not really a hub, but it'll do.

4. ZenZero

Member ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

United Kingdom
    WOW, this is looking great! its a defiate pre-order for me!

5. granville
    OP

United States
    You know, as much as I liked the hub of the other 3D Mario's, you have to face the facts that it IS completely unnecessary. Here, the level selection is more akin to classic Mario games like Mario 3, Yoshi's Island, and World. A simpler time you could say, but elegant nonetheless. You'll all live, and i'm sure you'll all play this. After all, who doesn't play a game JUST because you can't explore a level selection screen? [​IMG]

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Cool, another powerup. Looks a bit like Kirby's wheel ability, which is one of my favorite abilities [​IMG]
    Seems the level are a bit longer this time as you can see a midpoint flag around 0:47.

7. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    don't need it in fact 3d hubs are dying out these days. oh fuck them disappearing levels are back in i fucking hate them!! [​IMG]

8. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    This looks great!

Boulder Mario looks awesome! It seems like Nintendo will top the standard of the first Super Mario Galaxy! [​IMG]

9. blackdragonbaham

Member blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    less 3d hub material means more general game material,
    the hub in super mario sunshine wasn't really good constructed.
    the game looks great,
    super mario galaxy 2, zelda, metroid, pikmin, some more surprises and ninty is really going to make their promise true
    [​IMG]

10. FestusArrestUs

Banned FestusArrestUs Banned

United States
    Game of the Year

Every Year

11. granville
    OP

United States
    In regards to hubs, i'll mention that i CAN enjoy them if done well. Mario 64, it was kind of new and innovative in terms of selecting levels. But it doesn't need to be in every 3D platformer out there. The one game i've played where i really though the hub was handled well was in Jak and Daxter (the first one on PS2). That was due to the seamless transitions between the hub and levels. It felt like a true open world that you could explore. Levels didn't load, they were barely even levels. Had they not popped up a level name and changed the music, you might not even think you were really ENTERING a new level. Very seamless, and if you must have a hub, that's how i think it should be.

As it is, Mario games never needed a hub. It's just a glorified level selection screen. I admit that i do like exploring them, but we have the actual levels for that. So all is well anyways. [​IMG]

12. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    I wish the stages were bigger and there was one HUGE five hour long water stage with lots of red shells to ride.
    I really liked that part of Galaxy one but it was painfully short.
    This one should most likely be the same, but from what I heard it might actually be better so hopefully they'll do a fun stage twice or something.

Graphics seem to have had an upgrade though I think Nintendo was holding out on third parties with the High Resolution mode anyway.

If I know my family any they'll be begging me to buy the game play it for two minutes and then wonder why I ask for help paying for the thing. Damn you mario... damn you!

Oh also game needs a third person view mode.... you know you want it.... (not just view to look but in full confusing action.... would make jumping off planets more fun....)

13. granville
    OP

United States
    What do you mean by third person view mode? The game is already in 3rd person. I assume you mean 1st person or something... Let's keep that out of the game unless it is a look mode.

And tell me something, anyone. What's better about the graphics. Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing looking game, probably the best looking Wii game on the system. But so was the original, i see no difference really. Both games look identical to me in terms of graphic quality or whatever. I've not seen anything yet in the trailers or screens that give me the impression it looks any better than the original. Again though, already looks better than many games on even the PS360. Just wondering what other people see that i don't. Specifically.

14. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Can't wait!

15. JackDeeEss

Member JackDeeEss GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It looks like the Mario Head Planet is a sort of Mini-hub, so those people who wanted one are pleased, and the ones who didn't want one are pleased aswell, (seeing as all you do is walk forward to play the actual game.)

The Boulder And Light Power-ups sorta shocked me. The fact that Ninty are still creating Powerups under our noses, Might suggest that there's more to come our way.

And Ghost Mario is Back! Always a favourite.

16. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    looks great [​IMG] !!! That Rock Mario? could be a item that turn people to rolling rocks in Mario kart [​IMG] lol

17. DarkMario616

Member DarkMario616 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Looks more Mario-adventure like than MG1...this will be a huge improvement over the first, which was very dissapointing.

18. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Everything about this game just looks epic, the music, the graphics and the levels.
    Can't wait [​IMG]

19. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Wait this game will be HD? 720p?

20. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Did they take inspiration from Pokemon? Rolling Rock Mario (no beer pun intended) looks obviously like a Golem when it's using rollout.