Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M coming Summer in Australia

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's something i didn't expect. Nintendo of Australia announced today that two major Wii games- Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M, would be coming much sooner than expected. Between June and August to be more precise, summer. I didn't expect these two until Christmas at least. I guess they've been in development longer than i thought.

Super-Mario-Galaxy-2-E3-2009.jpg

Obviously, Mario Galaxy 2 is the direct sequel to Mario Galaxy and shall be built off the same engine as the first one. A trailer was shown at e3 2009, showcasing a couple of new powerups, and even the return of Yoshi as an important part of the gameplay. It's unknown if Mario Galaxy 2 is a working title or what they intend to call it. I'd wager the latter, as simplicity and selling it as a direct sequel should serve them well considering the first game's popularity.

metroid-other-m.jpg

Not as much is known about Metroid: Other M. Although apparently, it is an earlier game in the timeline. It seems unrelated to any of the Prime games, and is not a first person shooter/adventure (at least, not primarily). There seems to be some variety from the e3 2009 trailer, and actually hints at some sidescrolling portions at some points. But that was very early tech demo footage. It's just not much is known about this game yet. Except that it is being developed by Team Ninja this time.

Obviously i wanted to post this, not only for our Aussie friends, but the rest of us as well. If they made the commitment to announce these games for a summer release there, it's not unwise to speculate they will be coming to other regions at similar times. This also leaves the holiday season wide open, perhaps for the coming of Zelda Wii? We'll see. At any rate, i'd expect a date for the US as well, with tomorrow's press release by NOA.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/107/1071574p1.html

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excrement! You're right. I'd forgotten, but Aussies are BELOW the equator and have different seasons from us above there... Sorry about that man. I've never been good at remembering to distinguish between different regions and time zones, whatever. :fail:

Indeed, this would put it as winter for Australian if i'm correct.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, so us Americans/Europeans will be able to pirate it during OUR summer? Neat indeed.

Though both of these games will have to have extreme AP on them. No doubt about it.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Cool, so us Americans/Europeans will be able to pirate it during OUR summer? Neat indeed.

Though both of these games will have to have extreme AP on them. No doubt about it.

Yeah after what you know who did if there is an early Australian release there would be guaranteed AP and there's a chance Nintendo will get it right and make it unplayable for downloaders.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice, I expected Mario Galaxy, because Nintendo always said, that they had so many ideas, that didn`t make it into the first, but I thought Other M would take more time til the release.

Isn`t today the media summit of Nintendo? Maybe we`ll get to see some in-game-footage... (one can dream
biggrin.gif
)

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Looking forward to Mario Galaxy 2. I wasn't expecting that until around the end of the year. Hopefully Nintendo don't decide to delay it after announcing it now.

Never heard of Metroid: Other M until now...

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think metroid other M will be less than the primes. love those, three of the few games that have actual hard work in them.
other m looks a bit outdated styled to me ...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as i love Prime 1 (never played the other two), the classics still beat it for me. Super Metroid is amazing, even better than Prime. Hopefully, this one will recapture that classic feel. Super Metroid is definitely not outdated either.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
granville said:
As much as i love Prime 1 (never played the other two), the classics still beat it for me. Super Metroid is amazing, even better than Prime. Hopefully, this one will recapture that classic feel. Super Metroid is definitely not outdated either.

tried to play super metroid on a emulator, but the emulator's controles sucked. even though it is a snes game it is beautifull.
only Other M will not be such a sidescrolling game but more like Ninja Gaiden: Dragon's sword.

If you want more information about metroid (all games) google metroid wiki.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.