MasterPenguin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well. I've got a 3.3U Wii. I really havn't touched it for quite awhile, so I'm not quite sure what all the IOS, CIOS, Bootmii, and whatnot is. Basically, I have the said version, with the Homebrew channel installed..And that's about it. So I bought the New Super Mario Bros, and it wants me to update, which I know will remove the homebrew channel. So what do I need to install, to get it working? =/

Quick edit, typo..

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
search for one of the MANY super mario threads that are already here to teach people how to run it.
Did u really think youre the only person that wants to play it?

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MasterPenguin said:
Well. I've got a 3.3U Wii. I really havn't touched it for quite awhile, so I'm not quite sure what all the IOS, CIOS, Bootmii, and whatnot is. Basically, I have the said version, with the Homebrew channel installed..And that's about it. So I bought the New Super Mario Bros, and it wants me to update, which I know will remove the homebrew channel. So what do I need to install, to get it working? =/

Quick edit, typo..
I don't know what priiloader you have but it should work with the hacks.ini (that is located in the root of the SD card) file to disable disk updates.

MasterPenguin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TRushInfo said:
search for one of the MANY super mario threads that are already here to teach people how to run it.
Did u really think youre the only person that wants to play it?

No, I'd assume I'm obviously not the only person. Just there aren't many topics that talk about legit games, running through the disc channel. Though I did find this topic, which says to install CIOS38 Rev 14. But would that allow me to run it through the disc channel?

rontonimo said:
QUOTE(MasterPenguin @ Dec 3 2009, 04:07 PM) Well. I've got a 3.3U Wii. I really havn't touched it for quite awhile, so I'm not quite sure what all the IOS, CIOS, Bootmii, and whatnot is. Basically, I have the said version, with the Homebrew channel installed..And that's about it. So I bought the New Super Mario Bros, and it wants me to update, which I know will remove the homebrew channel. So what do I need to install, to get it working? =/

Quick edit, typo..
I don't know what priiloader you have but it should work with the hacks.ini (that is located in the root of the SD card) file to disable disk updates.

I don't have preloader, or priiloader. =/

mrfraser89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The best thing to do would be to upgrade to 4.2 using the link stickied at the top of this thread. Quite easy to follow, one download to grab and away you go.

Once the wii is updated obviously the disc won't ask you to update anymore.

Done
smile.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MasterPenguin said:

Quick edit, typo..
to eliminate the update install the updated ios53 using dop-ios mod.

edit: you don't need 4.2 system menu version just to run this game.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No need to install a System Menu.

Do one of the following:
  • Block disc updates via Preloader/Priiloader.
  • Load the game via Gecko OS.
  • Actually run the disc update. It contains System Menu 4.1 and boot2v4 which is very homebrew-safe, by the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...