Mario Bros U savegame compatible with Mario+Luigi U?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Puddies, May 9, 2016.

1. Puddies
    OP

Puddies GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    Gambia, The
    2 years ago I played New Super Mario Bros U with the original disc. After that I sold the game.

Now I would like to buy the game again and continue my save (especially to continue the challenges). However, I dont want to buy the old version of Mario Bros U again, but this time the Mario+Luigi U combo disc.

Is it possible to continue my old mario bros u save in the mario+luigi u version?

Last edited by Puddies, May 9, 2016
  2. smileyhead

smileyhead Occasional Reporter

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Budakeszi, Hungary
    I think it is. New Super Luigi U is just a DLC, and it's only bundled on the combo disc.

3. jon2491

jon2491 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 14, 2014
    No. I had NSMBU, then I sold it to buy NSMBU+NSLU and it didn't detect my save so I had to complete the game again.

4. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    Probably not due to different titleid, it MIGHT work if you extract the save from SMBU, change the save's titleid and inject it back to SMBU+SLU. I might be wrong though.

5. Puddies
    OP

Puddies GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    Gambia, The
    For this I would have to buy both versions again (Mario Bros U and Mario+Luigi U)... :/
    That would not be helpful.

But thank you @jon2491 and @Garro

6. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Somewhere
    Well I was thinking more of borrowing it from a friend or renting it. But yeah, it's the only way I can think for you to keep your savedata.

That, or wait for IOSU which probably will have complete access to the hardrive