Hacking Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created cheat dats for all the formats the cheat editor supported. I think that means all formats. Uploading now, just a sec.

EDIT: see if this works-

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mzjtd5dmfzz

I'll warn you that I have only tried the usercheat.dat on my DSTT. I am unsure if the other dats will work properly. I see no reason why not though since that's what Narin and his team uses.

Pache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
granville said:
I created cheat dats for all the formats the cheat editor supported. I think that means all formats. Uploading now, just a sec.

I'll warn you that I have only tried the usercheat.dat on my DSTT. I am unsure if the other dats will work properly. I see no reason why not though since that's what Narin and his team uses.
Thank you very very much. I'm kinda newbie in this things, so, what should I do with these files? Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted User

I do not see the Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (J) cheat and it is [GBAtemp 1-28-09] on my R4.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is having trouble with another card beside DSTT, I'm afraid I can't help much as that's the only dat I know. Maybe R4 has different issues.

Pache: tell me what flashcard you have first.
Neil: you can use either cheat.dat OR usercheat.dat. NEVER have both on your card at the same time though. If one doesn't show up, try the other.

Pache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
granville said:
Ok Pache, you need to use the cheat.db file inside the zip. Copy the cheat.db file into the SYSTEM folder on your microSD card.
Ok, all ready. Now I should test the game?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure but I don't know how to enable cheats in the M3 Real. You have to select an option under cheats. Dunno how that works on the Real.

I'm going to fix dinner, so I'll be gone for a few.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers granville it's working on my dstt (y's menu 1.17) now with your usrcheat.dat

I can't work out why my ammended usrcheat.dats didn't work though, the procedure couldn't be simpler (open file,add game, id code, add cheat code, save). I opened your's up just to look and I can't see you have anything different to what I did... shrugs

Cheezeitz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:

I've replaced my old ones with the new ones in the folder, and it doesn't seem to work at all.

EDIT: I am also using M3Sakura

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neil.GBX said:
The cheat.dat and/or usercheat.dat have failed in my R4.
First of all, what exactly happens? Does it boot at all? White screens? Tell us.

Second: try the rom in No$gba emulator to see if your rom is corrupted. That will narrow down whether it's a rom problem or your flashcard.

Third, if all else fails, try Ysmenu. It uses the DSTT core and is much better at loading games than the ancient R4 menu.

Pache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Sigh... This sux, I'm tired, I just wanna play. All this stuff confuse me.
wacko.gif

Thanks anyway, granville. I better wait for other options.

remedy81

Trophies
XP
Country
First time post. I'm always amazed at the work Narin and his team does, but this game has STUMPED me.

I think I read somewhere on Narin's post that the game should work with or without the cheat on Acekard. I have an Acekard 2i running on an imported DSi. I've tried all the cheats, including the latest updated one - but the game always freezes at Saving right at Peach's Castle, before going into the Conference Room.

I was wondering if other Acekard 2i users have this problem, whether I'm doing something wrong (which I doubt, since FFCC: Echoes of Time works completely fine on it, running on DSi again). I'm starting to think maybe the Mario and Luigi 3 has extra protection measures when running on DSi???

It's been killing me, not being able to run it - it would be appreciated if anyone, including Narin can confirm it working on the setup I use. Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o