Gaming Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (u)

Jordan Freeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.4.1 works with the Xeno patch. I already beated the game (24 hours playtime).

Odd, I have an Acekard 2i aswell, with that same Firmware. Mine froze after the fight with that cube dude (when playing as Bowser).
I'll try it again. Maybe it'll work this time?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
hmmlgh.jpg

You just got guilt tripped by someone on the Internet with two forum posts.

laugh.gif

Nah, that wasn't the inspiration for my reply. If I felt guilty, I wouldn't be embarrassed to admit it; I'm no tough guy. No, I just don't think most folks appreciate that sort of preachy approach to airing your opinion. It's like every time my wife goes on a diet, she wants to convey to me the benefits of celery. I got a system that works for me, so you know...

Anyway, cute pic.

Yarko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Damn it make a patch for R4 users already! I'm so desperate I'm actually re-playing Partners in Time =___=

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
This might be the stupidiest question ever, and I apologize beforehand if it is, but:

Could it be possible to just take the script and text from the English rom, hack it all out, and put it into the Japanese rom with less piracy checks?

W@dsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Short answer - no.

The game would use a ton of pointers (eg. this line of dialogue begins at point 'a' in the file and ends at point 'b') to access the file. Simple swapping out the text files wouldn't work, you'd also have to modify all the pointers (which is why most translation projects need programmers and hackers to edit the game code).

TLH-9000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE(W@dsy @ Sep 14 2009, 10:05 PM) Short answer - no.

The game would use a ton of pointers (eg. this line of dialogue begins at point 'a' in the file and ends at point 'b') to access the file. Simple swapping out the text files wouldn't work, you'd also have to modify all the pointers (which is why most translation projects need programmers and hackers to edit the game code).

So in other words, it is easier to learn to read and write the Japanese language.

Played the game for about 2 hours tonight. Got annoyed, took it back to the video store.
blink.gif

TLH-9000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
r9delta said:
While we're at it why don't we just re-create the game from scratch ourselves durr hurr!

Lol... If we could, we wouldn't need to complain about not being able to play it.

Oh wait, you were being sarcastic.
wacko.gif
wub.gif

uimy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A fix can and will more then likely be made for the R4, reverse engineering is no small task.

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
In the mean time R4 users can play the Japanese version with the AR code it works on R4 =P
Hmm.. I wonder if learning japanese will be quicker than waiting for a fix.
Might be worth a try.

masterchan777

Trophies
XP
Country
An updated firmware ( V 1.56 Beta 1 ) for CycloDS Evolution has been released and the game works perfectly without any codes or patches , it saves OK with no freezing and the mic is working perfectly as well , I think updates for other carts will be made soon ...

A

alucard_xs

"Proud Acekard 2i owner.
This game is awesome!
"

-> this game does not work on acekard 2 i it seems ?

Babajela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
To M3 Real users:

There is a new firmware available (4.4) and with it I just managed to get past the "new game" screen and to start the game proper. With a vanilla ROM, no patches/ cracks. I don't know if the game can actually be played until the end, since I have literally updated my firmware a minute or so ago, but give it a try!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1