Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (u)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by fallinroxas, Sep 11, 2009.

Sep 11, 2009
  1. fallinroxas
    OP

Member fallinroxas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Alright so this game has Anti-piracy just like the (J) version. Do you think the patch that worked on the (J) version will work for this?

2. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    They changed the protection, in the J one, it crashed when you engaged a battle, now it locks the save file controls.

I'm sure that there's also a few more protections...(J one didn't give you an special block ability for example)

3. Gintoki-San

Newcomer Gintoki-San Member

United States
    I downloaded this yesterday, and everything works fine on the start menu, but when you have to choose a save file, I kept pressing Start and A, but it froze... However the game music was still running... Anyone know how to make the rom work? As in make it START the game?

4. JohanX

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    There is a patch out that lets you get past the save file select screen. However, it doesn't work for all cards. See:
    -snip-

People that are working on a full patch say there are at least 30 different "anti-piracy" checks in the USA version of the game.

We just have to be patient and wait for them to finish the complete patch

5. RayJT9

Newcomer RayJT9 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I'm having trouble with that too, either with the patched version it doesn't get past the first screen where it creates a save file, or the unpatched version, it doesn't get past the choosing-a-save-file thing. Using a Supercard DSONEi with the latest firmware. Anyone have any suggestions?

6. JohanX

United States
    The patch appears to work with my AceKard 2i (1.4U Firmware).

However, I occasionally see graphic glitches on the top screen, so, while the game appears to work, things may not be 100%....

7. Xoo00o0o0o

Member Xoo00o0o0o Xoo00o0o0o is in the house

United States
    RayJT9, use this .scc file. it bypasses most anti piracy measures. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zjujtrnizj3

8. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    the graphic glitch?
    i remember seeing that on the J one [​IMG]
    is like a line cracking through then go vanish right?

9. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    It doesn't work. I compiled that cheat file. It's done properly using Normmatt's code, and it WILL get you past the file selection, but it has other problems. It will freeze every time you save, and you cannot get past the first battle with Mario vs Bowser. Freezes after that battle.

There is no current fix for the game. I've heard you can get the patched rom, disable all supercard settings, and it will run the game, but that has not worked at ALL for me.

10. RayJT9

Newcomer RayJT9 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, thanks CAP99. The .scc file you linked enabled me to get to the file select menu, and I could actually select a file this time, but unfortunately it just blackscreens immediately after that.

EDIT: Hmm, I'll try turning all the SC Settings off and seeing what happens.

EDIT 2: Nope, no luck. [​IMG]

11. JohanX

United States
    That is exactly what I see.

12. OGTiago

Member OGTiago GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I'll wait for cheats.

This sucks though. Developers just want to annoy us, they know people will patch it to work.

13. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    yep. expect to see a lot more of it by december. eventually, it will be on almost all games...

14. JohanX

United States
    I wonder how the program knows that it is being run from a flash card and not a real ROM?

15. NDStemp

Member NDStemp GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp

Canada
    Magic.

But seriously, I'd like to know also.

16. gameguy95

Banned gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

United States
    ask nintendo XD

17. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    The funny thing about it is the game is out 5 days before the actual release date and the anti piracy they put on the game has been cracked well at least for some flash carts.So while they put all the effort into trying to block piracy it doesn't hold off long and we still play the game before it hits store shelves lol =P

18. knl

Member knl I can change this?

Brazil
    I recall from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles's topic, someone said it had to do with the data sent from the DS to the cart. Usually it's just gibberish, to confirm that it's still working, but the game developers made it so the games expect a certain amount or type of data or something. And if this isn't met, the anti-piracy kicks in.

19. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Yeah, for "some" carts. There's still a large amount of carts (most notably the R4, which while many deem "shitty" is still pretty large) that can't play it and no crack of it coming in the near future. There's also some issues such as freezing and crashing still happening on some carts.

20. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    I can play it on my CycloDS with the cheat, but I get black screens after every time I save. [​IMG] Great game, though. So far, it's not too different from PiT, but I'm sure once Bowser comes into play, it will change up a bit.