Gaming Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (u)

fallinroxas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so this game has Anti-piracy just like the (J) version. Do you think the patch that worked on the (J) version will work for this?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
They changed the protection, in the J one, it crashed when you engaged a battle, now it locks the save file controls.

I'm sure that there's also a few more protections...(J one didn't give you an special block ability for example)

Gintoki-San

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded this yesterday, and everything works fine on the start menu, but when you have to choose a save file, I kept pressing Start and A, but it froze... However the game music was still running... Anyone know how to make the rom work? As in make it START the game?

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a patch out that lets you get past the save file select screen. However, it doesn't work for all cards. See:
-snip-

People that are working on a full patch say there are at least 30 different "anti-piracy" checks in the USA version of the game.

We just have to be patient and wait for them to finish the complete patch

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble with that too, either with the patched version it doesn't get past the first screen where it creates a save file, or the unpatched version, it doesn't get past the choosing-a-save-file thing. Using a Supercard DSONEi with the latest firmware. Anyone have any suggestions?

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The patch appears to work with my AceKard 2i (1.4U Firmware).

However, I occasionally see graphic glitches on the top screen, so, while the game appears to work, things may not be 100%....

Xoo00o0o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RayJT9 said:
I'm having trouble with that too, either with the patched version it doesn't get past the first screen where it creates a save file, or the unpatched version, it doesn't get past the choosing-a-save-file thing. Using a Supercard DSONEi with the latest firmware. Anyone have any suggestions?

RayJT9, use this .scc file. it bypasses most anti piracy measures. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zjujtrnizj3

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
JohanX said:

However, I occasionally see graphic glitches on the top screen, so, while the game appears to work, things may not be 100%....

the graphic glitch?
i remember seeing that on the J one
smile.gif

is like a line cracking through then go vanish right?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CAP99 said:
RayJT9 said:

RayJT9, use this .scc file. it bypasses most anti piracy measures. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zjujtrnizj3
It doesn't work. I compiled that cheat file. It's done properly using Normmatt's code, and it WILL get you past the file selection, but it has other problems. It will freeze every time you save, and you cannot get past the first battle with Mario vs Bowser. Freezes after that battle.

There is no current fix for the game. I've heard you can get the patched rom, disable all supercard settings, and it will run the game, but that has not worked at ALL for me.

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thanks CAP99. The .scc file you linked enabled me to get to the file select menu, and I could actually select a file this time, but unfortunately it just blackscreens immediately after that.

EDIT: Hmm, I'll try turning all the SC Settings off and seeing what happens.

EDIT 2: Nope, no luck.
frown.gif

JohanX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
JohanX said:

the graphic glitch?
i remember seeing that on the J one
smile.gif

is like a line cracking through then go vanish right?
That is exactly what I see.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OGTiago said:
I'll wait for cheats.

This sucks though. Developers just want to annoy us, they know people will patch it to work.
The funny thing about it is the game is out 5 days before the actual release date and the anti piracy they put on the game has been cracked well at least for some flash carts.So while they put all the effort into trying to block piracy it doesn't hold off long and we still play the game before it hits store shelves lol =P

knl

I can change this?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
JohanX said:
I wonder how the program knows that it is being run from a flash card and not a real ROM?

I recall from Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles's topic, someone said it had to do with the data sent from the DS to the cart. Usually it's just gibberish, to confirm that it's still working, but the game developers made it so the games expect a certain amount or type of data or something. And if this isn't met, the anti-piracy kicks in.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syko5150 said:
OGTiago said:
I'll wait for cheats.

This sucks though. Developers just want to annoy us, they know people will patch it to work.
The funny thing about it is the game is out 5 days before the actual release date and the anti piracy they put on the game has been cracked well at least for some flash carts.So while they put all the effort into trying to block piracy it doesn't hold off long and we still play the game before it hits store shelves lol =P

Yeah, for "some" carts. There's still a large amount of carts (most notably the R4, which while many deem "shitty" is still pretty large) that can't play it and no crack of it coming in the near future. There's also some issues such as freezing and crashing still happening on some carts.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can play it on my CycloDS with the cheat, but I get black screens after every time I save.
frown.gif
Great game, though. So far, it's not too different from PiT, but I'm sure once Bowser comes into play, it will change up a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto