Gaming Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story (u)

Jastone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why though? It's played every other game i've ever tried. I'm not a hardcore DS user either, just casual really. Mainly play only the big games when they come out.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The big games will have more and more protection in the future. I'd see the Acekard 2 as a very smart investment. It's supported 100% by the guy who MADE the Mario & Luigi patch/cheat- Normmatt. You can hope for an update from R4, but I'd see the AK2 as a sort of "life insurance" of the flashcards nowadays. It gets the fastest fixes thanks to Normmatt and Smiths. It also has the best supported firmware of the flashcards- AKAIO, also made by Normmatt and Smiths (and some other guys like Gelu and such).

This is coming from a person who doesn't have an AK2, but rather, a Supercard DS-One. I was one of the lucky ones to find a way to play the game on my flashcard using a trick that depends on your microSD. For the best experience, I'd be wanting an AK2. I do want one too.

Th3_r0cK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can also confirm that it works from Acekard 2i via firmware 1.4 with AKAIO. 2 1/2 hours in and no freezes though, I do get the graphic glitch on the top screen but it's no biggy.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quit whining, atleast you DS owners can play 95% of games coming out (This coming from a DS/PSP owner), us PSP hackers cant even play 20% of the good new games coming out >_>. A few more days aint gonna kill you, you already waited 4+ months for it to come out, go play Scribblenauts or something.

fallinroxas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm still waiting on my Acekard 2i from DX. Anyways. This game is freaking awesome. I love it. Just a retail copy early from my manager
happy.gif

TLH-9000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Going to rent it as soon as it comes out tomorrow.

See if it is truly worth the hassle, lol.

Oh hi. I guess this is my first post since signing up.

Flame suit on....
wub.gif

iL0VECO0KiEs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least your playing it. Im still waiting for a M3 fix. Lol, i really appreciate all the hard work you people that are trying your best!!

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
The big games will have more and more protection in the future. I'd see the Acekard 2 as a very smart investment. It's supported 100% by the guy who MADE the Mario & Luigi patch/cheat- Normmatt. You can hope for an update from R4, but I'd see the AK2 as a sort of "life insurance" of the flashcards nowadays. It gets the fastest fixes thanks to Normmatt and Smiths. It also has the best supported firmware of the flashcards- AKAIO, also made by Normmatt and Smiths (and some other guys like Gelu and such).

This is coming from a person who doesn't have an AK2, but rather, a Supercard DS-One. I was one of the lucky ones to find a way to play the game on my flashcard using a trick that depends on your microSD. For the best experience, I'd be wanting an AK2. I do want one too.

With that being said here's my 2 cents I have an r4isdhc white screen/dont work but on my laptop I can play
the patched rom and the clean rom just fine and 55frames out of 60 no noticable lag and saves just fine...

Well okay ninty has heavily protected this game and with all the whining i'm calling out the dev's on this the
emu I'm using is desmuemu 0.9.4 like i said above... So why not port desmuemu to ds yeah i know it sounds
silly but you'd have everything you need the hardware power etc... just like a flash cart basically emulates a
real ds cart.... You wouldnt have to configure anything keys, graphic sound or microphone because it's all there
all you would have to do is load the emu from a flashcart example desmuemu.nds then select the game and
it should work right... the only reason I am saying this is because the clean xpa-mal3.nds and the xpa-mal3.nds
cracked rom works fine on desmuemu no freezing or glitching and I use a real microphone on my laptop
and it's just fine... But the main point is how desmuemu loads and runs this game there has to be a difference
in the way it does and how the flashcarts do but they require patching or AR code and this does not this would
be great if that could be done then there would no more whining when it come to piracy protection games
and ninty would scratch their heads how do i block an emu within a flash cart...

So in other words why not make a desmuemu launcher for flashcarts that lauches protected games without
hassle... Think of it like this ok bowser inside story doesnt run on r4,dstt menu etc okay launch desmuemu
.nds then select bowser inside story and bam it works then once loaded have fun etc saves should work fine
desmuemu auto detects all the saves sizes just like flashcarts already coded into it etc... It's like putting
the ds or dsi into test mode like a ps3 debug where there are no checks etc this would be sweet well that's
my idea and it sounds better than another menu for all the non working cards I think it would be harder
for ninty to block an emu from a flash card theyd really have to probe at it and it would be harder if the
developer encrpterd the emu once compiled etc...

Well that's my idea to this protection crap well dont get me wrong my laptop runs it so atleast i can play
it but not everyone has a dual or phenom laptop or pc with decent graphics card to handle it....

To anyone with a decent pc or laptop on desmuemu 0.9.4 use soft rasptner on 3d graphics, frameskip to
limited and at 1 if you use 0 it will run but the music is slow but at 1 frameskip and limit it will run like
visual boy advance did before you set it triple buffering i get 55fps and that's smooth enough....

Ok devs take a look please give feedback let's get this thing back under control pirates vs ninty ninjas...

I wish I knew how to develop and compile to port this thing to dsi dslite dsphatt...........

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CloudSE said:
boss battles are annoying as hell

Wuh? I love everything about this game, and the bosses so far are a lot of fun as well. They're not terribly difficult in terms of figuring out their patterns of attack, but hell, how many RPGs even require you to figure out boss patterns?
tongue.gif

I really loved PiT, but man, this one is quite a bit better. The combat overall just feels a lot more enjoyable. Bowser's attacks and specials are loads of fun.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Quit whining, atleast you DS owners can play 95% of games coming out (This coming from a DS/PSP owner), us PSP hackers cant even play 20% of the good new games coming out >_>. A few more days aint gonna kill you, you already waited 4+ months for it to come out, go play Scribblenauts or something.

Are you referring to how all the new games require the new firmwares? Because if you're referring to that stop being so picky and just use a GEN firmware >.>

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can play 100,00% of the games coming out on my DS.
smile.gif

Since, I have Wifi (Download station games)
And the big secret of it all is... a Cyclo DS Evolution.

I can play Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story without any problems.
Only if I save via the original way, it some times will refuse playing on, but it saves.
smile.gif
And it only happens some times.
(A solution for that is to do Real State Saving that goes without problems.
happy.gif
)

Purol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Meh, I just ordered it. This is the first game I've bought for the DS since...2007. It was time and it wasn't that expensive anyway (€30 + shipping). In the time you people have been waiting, you could've earned some money to buy this (my friend earned 50 bucks after working for one day).

PUMP SOME MONEY IN THE ECONOMY DAMMIT!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Purol said:
Meh, I just ordered it. This is the first game I've bought for the DS since...2007. It was time and it wasn't that expensive anyway (€30 + shipping). In the time you people have been waiting, you could've earned some money to buy this (my friend earned 50 bucks after working for one day).

What a noble a sentiment. Kind of a chicken-or-the-egg-type thing, though, don't ya' think? And also a bit hypocritical as well. No one likes a drunk who preaches after he's back on the wagon.
wink.gif

In any case, the thousands of dollars worth of systems, video cards, games and accessories I've pumped into the economy over my 30+ years of gaming should help. If not, oh well. It's a give-and-take kind of thing, after all.

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
irpacynot said:
Purol said:

What a noble a sentiment. Kind of a chicken-or-the-egg-type thing, though, don't ya' think? And also a bit hypocritical as well. No one likes a drunk who preaches after he's back on the wagon.
wink.gif

In any case, the thousands of dollars worth of systems, video cards, games and accessories I've pumped into the economy over my 30+ years of gaming should help. If not, oh well. It's a give-and-take kind of thing, after all.

I agree with irpacynot....I have been gaming for about 20 years or more. That's enough for me....I'll wait patiently for the M3 Fix.

Lukey Boi

Trophies
XP
Country
I really want to play this game but when the E one comes out soon im sure it will work straight away so i think people will need to be patient. And scribble nauts is good i advice people to download it even though im stuck on L1-3 Already hehe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5