ROM Hack Mario and Luigi Bowser Story Fix for EDGE card help

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Any chance that AKAIO works on Edge? I don't have an Edge to try it, but if you put the Acekard2i patch onto a clean ROM, then run it through the AKAIO menu and loader, it works perfectly. However, I don't know if AKAIO works on Edge, so if you are unsure, I'd say just try it and see.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
NO! akaio will only work on acekard.

I guess for the time being, u just have to google around for patches or hope that the edge team release a firmware soon.

I only recall finding a patch that works on EDGE at a chinese forum, so maybe in future i will try and have a look there.

inferleon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well actually there is an AR code that make it works.
But you have to hard reset every time you save. But I cant play like this. The random freeze thing is really stupid too.
So does anyone know how to make this game completely work? As in no random freeze and stuff?

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
mrfatso said:
NO! akaio will only work on acekard.

I guess for the time being, u just have to google around for patches or hope that the edge team release a firmware soon.

I only recall finding a patch that works on EDGE at a chinese forum, so maybe in future i will try and have a look there.

AKAIO does not only work on Acekard. I use it on my R4 SDHC, and I have heard it works on official R4DS cards. But yes, there is an AR code that should do the trick. Still, I recommend seeing if you can use AKAIO or YSmenu on the Edge. I mean, obviously, I don't own one to try, but you never know until you try. You just boot the menu of your choice from the .nds file (don't use it as a system replacement) and hopefully it should work. Just try it and see.

semiartificial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I read this thread before spending several hours trying things and reading various threads, including a 64-page thread on another site which deals with ROMs and Emulation. I'm not an expert or anything, just a dad trying to get the thing working for the family.

In an attempt to save someone else the same wasted time in just getting the game to work at all, I'll post the conclusions I came to.
I'm not saying this is the best answer, just as far as I got in that time.

So:

1. Make sure you're running the Edge 1.5 OS.
2. Download the 27th October 2009 Cheats.dat file (and enable cheats)
3. Use a clean, unpatched rom (the Xenophobia (U) rom)
4. Highlight the 'game fix' cheat when it loads and start.

This leaves the issue of game freezes mentioned above.
Seems we'll just have to put up with that for the time being.

Hope that helps for anyone in the same position I was.
(If I'd worked the same amount of time I spent messing about as overtime at work, I could have bought the damn game three times over!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps