ROM Hack Mario and Luigi 3 USA Freeze

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, there was rumors (very small rumors) rumbling of Nintendo or some other major video game company developing an anti-piracy system that does exactly that. Games would pretty much modify the firmware to reject all flashcarts, period. And without access to flashcarts, there's nothing you could do to fix it. Of course this is pretty much a low-class rumor that, if it were to be implemented, would only come in by the end of the DS lifetime. If it was used in this game, it would definately have more coverage than some random jackass parading around with false rumors.

Rest assured, you're commercial games are safe, don't worry.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
aimansss95 said:
so there's actually not a chance for dstt user to play?
bummer -.-

I'm just going to say that to every person who asks that question from now on, then maybe they'll stop spamming threads with it over and over. You'll have to just wait, when there's a patch/fix/firmware released there will be story published about it more than likely. The point of this post is to say "Stop asking the same question that 1000 other new users keep asking over and over and over and over and over and over, and wait until there's a news post about it".

Shad0wninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
Shad0wninja said:
Anonymous said:
I dont know why my earlier post was deleted. Anyway, I have some interesting news for R4 users. Like most of you I have tried without success playing this game using R4. I caved and bought the game itself (yes I paid good $$$ for this game). To my shock and disbelieve it is still crashing and freezing at the fight scenes !!!!!

However, it works FINE if I use it on a different DS system that has NEVER seen the downloaded version of this game. I reset the other DS by removing the battery but it is still freezing! What the heck did the downloaded ROM do to my system. Now it can't even play the store bought game!!!!

Any thoughts? Please help. Thanks.

L. Oh. Fucking. L. There's nothing more reliable than a random quote by an 8-post newcomer of some anonymous guy whose post (the same one quoted) was deleted before and he was obviously too much of a jackass to realize he was making dumb posts. Someone call the New York Times, you've got your new news source here!

I'll go with "Talking Out His Ass" for $500, Alex. Awesome! Daily Double!

You're a funny person, you know that?
It's called the mod, deleting the past pages of the topic to make it look clean, as the front post has all the updated information needed. Clearly, that poster didn't see the post after him, to make an edit. Also, I said Anonymous, as I don't want to expose any usernames of people. I'd show you the link, but I sadly, cannot post it. And, I'm a newcomer. So what? That does not mean, I'm a random person. I have a right to post whichever information I find, to share with others, to get their opinion. You were one too. So, I wouldn't talk if I were you. Also, I'm barely on this site. It's either that, or I just stroll around the site finding fixes to my problems, and as I think, a reasonable set of information has already been contributed, so I wouldn't want to repeat something, someone already said. As it can result with a "Spam Post".
As you can see, I have a lot of experience with forums.

Somebody call 911, cause I think this Flamer needs some brain surgery!

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone really believe this bullshit? Honestly. This information is false, I myself can confirm it because I bought the game, and was playing the ROM on CycloDS before I did (complete with the after save freezing), the retail card does not freeze after saving. The DS doesn't have some sort of magic feature that locks out a retail version of a game after you try the pirated version. Like others have said, Nintendo would have used the feature much earlier if that were the case.

Daddy24

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've tried again,and now i've found the problem.AKAIO itself.

I've install it,but when i boot the Ak2i,it shows me a blue upper screen,I can't press start or it freezes.
wtf.gif

What's the problem doc ?

EDIT: I think I will try the AR code.Can someone send me the Usrcheat.dat with it ? It's not a commercial rom,so i think you can. :3

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have to say that i'm pretty disappointed. Concensus seems to be that we won't see a patch to get ML3 working on R4 or DSTT unless it comes in the form of an official firmware upgrade. I thought the whole spirit of hacking was to do something others said couldn't or shouldn't be done. A little over a week after the game comes out and attempts to make a working patch have already been stopped? Seems to me that the harder the patch is to make, the more effort the hacking community would put into making it happen. But now it seems people are throwing the towel and giving up. A very sad day indeed! The big N may have finally won.
frown.gif

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
JesseB said:
I just have to say that i'm pretty disappointed. Concensus seems to be that we won't see a patch to get ML3 working on R4 or DSTT unless it comes in the form of an official firmware upgrade. I thought the whole spirit of hacking was to do something others said couldn't or shouldn't be done. A little over a week after the game comes out and attempts to make a working patch have already been stopped? Seems to me that the harder the patch is to make, the more effort the hacking community would put into making it happen. But now it seems people are throwing the towel and giving up. A very sad day indeed! The big N may have finally won.
frown.gif

Fuck knows if people are still working on a patch, I'm just going to say no to everyone who asks if there's a fix coming because I'm sick of seeing 5 or 6 posts on every page of every thread about the game. It'll stop people asking until a fix actually appears.

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a friendly FYI for all us R4 and DSTT owners still waiting for a patch, I just found Acekard2 for 12 dollars U.S. over at "that extreme deal place" (no outside links, but you can figure it out
smile.gif
) shipping included. It's still better than paying 35 dollars for ML3 retail. AFAIK, Acekard was the first one to have a working patch, so it might be a good investment if this is a sign of things to come.

lemonfiresky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, R4i released new firmware that fixes this problem for people with an R4i card. Wonderful!

Unfortunately, doesn't really help me, cause I have a regular R4 card. I'll keep hoping for a patch though.

s3k7i0n8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JesseB said:
Just a friendly FYI for all us R4 and DSTT owners still waiting for a patch, I just found Acekard2 for 12 dollars U.S. over at "that extreme deal place" (no outside links, but you can figure it out
smile.gif
) shipping included. It's still better than paying 35 dollars for ML3 retail. AFAIK, Acekard was the first one to have a working patch, so it might be a good investment if this is a sign of things to come.
I found that site. did you recieve yours yet? b/c i don't want to buy it and get scammed

JesseB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not ordered from there myself, but from what I hear they are a trustworthy site. I wouldn't worry too much about ordering from there.

Jeimiikun

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry about buying a card from Deal-Extreme, I bought my R4 from there a year or so back and I got some pretty good service from them.

I'm about to buy the Acekard they got up there soon. If you're wondering how long it takes to ship, it took my R4 about 2 weeks to get to me (to the UK).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto