bushing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MightyMouse said:
i'd also like to know who drmr is lol
Among other things, drmr did most (if not all?) of the artwork for the HBC, the music for the HBC banner and the graphics for BootMii.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Damn it, sad to see him leave.

To drmr, really nice interface for the Homebrew channel! You got my respects on that one =)

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
fukseliten said:
MightyMouse said:
dude i was jokin lol

i'm jus waitin for marcans new alias to appear :-D

Just let it go , man .
He left .His choice. No need to spend more energy on the matter .

HsiaLin said:
The other guys should have kicked marcan out long ago. He is a whiny little baby that acts like a 3rd week female 24/7.

QUOTE(bazamuffin @ Apr 16 2009, 02:00 PM)
He'll be back, he'll miss his followers. It is a shame, they guy is good. I too will wait for his new alias to appear

Like I said before , just let it go. He left . his choice.
He is not a villain or whatever you think . Just a guy who stopped working for twiizers .

oldcqr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to say this, but....

Anyone who creates an 'exploit' (whether it is open source or not) like this, and then expects it NOT to be used as the basis for piracy (backup/whatever you want to call it), is simply not as smart as he says he is.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Eh. Yeah, his personality from what I've read of his blog wasn't exactly stellar, he did know his way around the wii's files. So, even though his attitude brought down the community a bit, its not never good for a skilled coder/hacker to leave the scene.

Yeah, we'll probably still get to where we need with all this, but with 1 person less, it will go a lil slower.

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
fukseliten said:
MightyMouse said:
dude i was jokin lol

Just let it go , man .

HsiaLin said:
The other guys should have kicked marcan out long ago. He is a whiny little baby that acts like a 3rd week female 24/7.

bazamuffin said:
He'll be back, he'll miss his followers. It is a shame, they guy is good. I too will wait for his new alias to appear

He is not a villain or whatever you think . Just a guy who stopped working for twiizers .

Posts merged

fukseliten said:
MightyMouse said:
dude i was jokin lol

Just let it go , man .

QUOTE(HsiaLin @ Apr 16 2009, 01:56 PM)

QUOTE(bazamuffin @ Apr 16 2009, 02:00 PM)

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel that from what everyone saw, there was a lot of whining, but everyone can do what they want. This also means that when you are done/fed up with something that is recreational, you can/should leave when you want. It is certainly possible that things were used that he developed in ways he may not have liked, but once you release something, especially open-source, it's hard to feel sorry for someone when alternate uses are found for something. There are a few people in the scene that have developed larger than average heads, and a small amount of it is understandable. These guys sure know more about the Wii than I know, or ever will know. The most I could ever get it to do myself was display a stretched, distorted picture.

Now, there is also the fact that it's OK to be humble even when you do know a lot more than others. If people want total control over what they are doing, keep it at home. If people can't live without constant praise, or constant criticism, keep it at home. If you choose to go home later, then don't be upset about what people say, because it isn't worth it.

There are 2 things I hope that come of this. Either we just have a cooling-off period to wait out and marcan will be returning, refreshed and full of new ideas, or we can all hope that he may have at least passed on some of his knowledge to the rest of his team, to allow for continued development on what has really turn into a booming scene, especially in the last 6 months, bringing us closer to the total conversion we could do with an XBox 1, the console that I feel was cracked/modded the most wide open.

Cheers to all involved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol