ROM Hack Maplestory DS English Translation

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been able to translate 60 from 456 folders. Its hard so im going to need sometime.

(Stay close, I will update this post as I continue)

Update:

Folder 150

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thumper1023 said:
You have no clue how much I hope this one doesn't get canceled, Every time I read that someone is attempting this I have hope that they'll finish it, but they don't. So please, I am begging you from the bottom of my heart, please do all you can to not abandon this project. Thank you

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
We'll get a public release as soon as we have word from NaYa, or, if you want, sightlight, you can translate the whole GLOBAL folder into English, and we'll have a release

sightlight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im at folder 400.

Who is NaVa?

Im still gonna need sometime. After i translate all I want to check all the folders for script bugs to fix.

Can anyone contact arith?

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MapleTool, which should be in the first post, (If it's not I'll get you a link) can extract text from the game and also put it back in. I can't find it, and apparently I've lost it somewhere in my many data back ups. Can anyone else upload MapleTool for Sightlight?

Sightlight, can you PM me your MSN or Skype or something? I'm like always on there, but not GBAtemp.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attackid said:
did this translation die?
Nah. It's...coming along at a slow pace. There's a beyond rough translation finished, but I've recently set-up for easy editing. It will be a bit before I can share it with the team though.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TehSkull said:
MapleTool, which should be in the first post, (If it's not I'll get you a link) can extract text from the game and also put it back in. I can't find it, and apparently I've lost it somewhere in my many data back ups. Can anyone else upload MapleTool for Sightlight?

Sightlight, can you PM me your MSN or Skype or something? I'm like always on there, but not GBAtemp.
It's not mine to give but I found it in DarthNemisis' Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmynnnzellm
It's MapleTrans

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so all the files are translated, but good God, it's a rough translation. I can understand what's going on, but it's so awkward. I put it all into an SVN for ease of editing, that way no one ends up re-editing someone's work. Here's the SVN url: http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/maplestoryds-translation/ You can look at the files and even import them into your game, but write access is obviously private. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you write access. Lemme know if you run into any problems, or need help with SVN.

Don't get any ideas, guys. While yes, it is translated, no it's not release ready at all. You'll see what I mean if you play it.

Oh and it seems SightLight has left the project, now that he's done translating.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
Okay, so all the files are translated, but good God, it's a rough translation. I can understand what's going on, but it's so awkward. I put it all into an SVN for ease of editing, that way no one ends up re-editing someone's work. Here's the SVN url: http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/maplestoryds-translation/ You can look at the files and even import them into your game, but write access is obviously private. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you write access. Lemme know if you run into any problems, or need help with SVN.

Don't get any ideas, guys. While yes, it is translated, no it's not release ready at all. You'll see what I mean if you play it.

Oh and it seems SightLight has left the project, now that he's done translating.
I'll take a look at it and possibly do some editing (if the formatting isn't all borked to shit) if you want to set me up with access.

However, when doing a SVN checkout, I get an error:
Code:
Can't move 'C:\Maplestory Text\IN\STAGE\247\.svn\tmp\entries' to
'C:\Maplestory Text\IN\STAGE\247\.svn\entries': The file or directory is
corrupted and unreadable.
Not exactly what that is, just giving you a heads up.

Ugh... Picked a file at random, and right off the bat and found what appears to be 'phonetic translations':
QUOTE(\IN\STAGE\376\MP040305.txt) said:
I think it was just an ordinary pig. [\ N] did not have teeth?
That reminds me He did not have teeth. [\ N] ~ hetgalryeotjanah Sheesh.
Picked another random file, and found issue with the formatting:
QUOTE(\IN\STAGE\309\MP190103.txt) said:
?? Eyes Is this current? [\ n] do not take the way ... [\ n]
Yes! "Petrify Spray" by writing [\ n]'ll be creating a stone!
The "??" are backwards, "?text?" makes the word "text" turn orange which designates 'terms' according to my notes.
Another problem/example, I think the ""Petrify Spray"" (including the quotes in the text) should be ?Petrify Spray?, since "??" is used to wrap item names and turns the text yellow.

This is not going to be fun for whomever is editing.

Here's a bit of my notes that apply to text and not image editing:CODE
? ? = orange | Terms
? ? = yellow | Items
{ } = blue | Places
< > = green | Names

RegEx Search String:
ÂÂÂÂ\?[^a-zA-Z]
ÂÂÂÂ|ÂÂ|ÂÂ|- Any of these
ÂÂÂÂ|ÂÂ|- NOT
ÂÂÂÂ|- Escapes special character
(( This was used to find colored text that I had not "translated" yet ))

Maple IslandÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ??? ????
Victoria IslandÂÂÂÂ ???? ????
Ossyria ContinentÂÂ ???? ??

SwordmanÂÂÂÂ\[name:S_PC\]
RogueÂÂÂÂÂÂ \[name:R_PC\]
MagicianÂÂÂÂ\[name:M_PC\]
ArcherÂÂÂÂÂÂ\[name:A_PC\]
WrathÂÂÂÂÂÂ ??
SlothÂÂÂÂÂÂ ???
GluttonyÂÂÂÂ????
LustÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ???

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yyyyeaaah. Like I said. Really, really rough translation. It's in English, but it'll take forever to edit it.

Did you note anything on how to make buttons appear in game? I noticed a couple times where the game should have put a B button in the dialogue but it came out as text.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't blame you, SightLight. You did what pretty much everyone else was doing. Just a lot faster.

Also, Twiztid, I just made a new folder and did a (not-so-)quick SVN Checkout with TortoiseSVN and had no issues.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
Yyyyeaaah. Like I said. Really, really rough translation. It's in English, but it'll take forever to edit it.

Did you note anything on how to make buttons appear in game? I noticed a couple times where the game should have put a B button in the dialogue but it came out as text.
Can you perhaps get a screenshot of that?
It's been a while and I don't recall how it should look.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
TehSkull said:

Can you perhaps get a screenshot of that?
It's been a while and I don't recall how it should look.
adohti.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer