Country
Mexico
*Freezes
*Game Cartridge doesn't read
*Glitchy screen
*JoyCon Stuck Issue
*Sound issues
*Dock is terrible, leaves the screen with horribles scratchs
*And much more...! (like black screen, blue screen, Windows XP, is that you?)

Just look this...

Last edited by Alex4U,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
These mysterious complainants happen with every new console launch. 9 out of 10 of them always turn out to be fake. Nds, n3ds, psp, vita ect all had them

Fake or GROSSLY exaggerated. I have not had any of these issues with my switch.

CallieMarie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some of the glitches sound cool. But did Nintendo rush this out too early, or manufacturing problems to blame?

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1) it could be fake
2) every system have glitches and failure, it is just that this is a video that regroup a lot of them
Plus, you just reboot and it should be fine
And if the joycon don't go out it mean you put them in the wrong sense

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some context this channel posts videos about the failings of every console launch. Pretty unbiased. Defects happen in the early stage. While it sucks, it's not surprising. As for the design of the dock, well that's just negligent. Same goes for being able to slide the straps in the wrong direction. Stuff like this is why I never recommend buying a console at launch. Issues like these tend to get resolved in the months and years after launch. All the same, no amount of software can completely fix flaws in hardware.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW
I have not had any of those problems.
When i first got it i thought the straps where stuck but i look at it and there is a lock button. You gotta make sure that is fully up and it slides right off.
No freezing and i played zelda for about 4hrs straight docked.

The dock scratching the screen is a given. The DS did the same thing. I always screen protect things so no big deal.

Also alot of people have hate and will go and make these fake videos.
Check CNET switch kick stand and your see what im talking about.

And the colors flipping on the system is normally a sign of overheating gpu (the xbox 360 did this.) I even had it happen to me on the wii after playing for about 8 hr in a warm room.

So gotta take these videos with a gain of salt because there is no telling what what was done before the videos. and who is lying and who is telling the truth

Reactions: CallieMarie

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
1) it could be fake
2) every system have glitches and failure, it is just that this is a video that regroup a lot of them
Plus, you just reboot and it should be fine

1. It's not fake.
2. That's true, it's just disappointing. I don't think the Wii or the 3DS had these issues?

Much of the issues presented are permanent issues that can't be fixed with a reboot or any user modification.

Reactions: DrkBeam

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
1. It's not fake.
2. That's true, it's just disappointing. I don't think the Wii or the 3DS had these issues?

Much of the issues presented are permanent issues that can't be fixed with a reboot or any user modification.
Wii U had some hardware problems, like with Smash Bros. (AKA T-Man)

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. It's not fake.

Very few if them can't be fixed with a reboot
and for the blocked joycon, those idiots put it in the wrong sense
for the screen scratches, just use a screen protector or ad some foam in the dock

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Aside from overheating, some of the screen issues could actually come from loose wiring. The cases and crates move a lot while shipping. Shouldn't be a surprise. The dock... It's a "duh" thing. Bad move on Nintys part.. But a screen protector is something you SHOULD have. The joycon issue.. That's due to bad manufacturing. No way around that.

Last edited by Kioku,

MaK11-12

Trophies
Website
www.deltabeard.com
XP
Country
Wii U had some hardware problems, like with Smash Bros. (AKA T-Man)
I didn't bring up the Wii U because I never followed its launch - I never knew if it had issues or not.
The Xbox One and the PS4 had issues, and that's terrible. This just means the Switch is in the same boat as them. I think that's fair to say?

for the screen scratches, just use a screen protector or ad some foam in the dock

Spend more money to fix a design flaw? That's also bad, considering the price of the Switch already, you would expect the screen scratch issue to have been found during testing.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't bring up the Wii U because I never followed its launch - I never knew if it had issues or not.
The Xbox One and the PS4 had issues, and that's terrible. This just means the Switch is in the same boat as them. I think that's fair to say?

Spend more money to fixed a design flaw? That's also bad, considering the price of the Switch already.
Well i put screen protector on all devices
plus users have a waranty

Alex4U

i like pancakes
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com.mx
XP
Country
Mexico
I repeat, with a simple reboot can't fix all. that will be like Gameboy or SNES Era, just a blow in the game, insert, enjoy again. (awww nostalgia)
Using a protector, can still damage the screen, damages the screen so hard.

chaojimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine doesn't read cartridges well. Plopped in 1-2 Switch and it loaded it on the home screen immediately. I tried starting it and it kicked me back to the home menu with an error saying something like "there was a problem with software so it needed to be closed." I put Zelda back in (which worked fine initially) and it gave me the error on that too. Had to reboot twice before the game could load.

Customer came in today saying her switch had dead pixels out of the box...Which on the setup menu, it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative