Hardware Nintendo Switch not turning on after being docked?

Miketb101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It started while I was playing a game when the Switch was docked, then the display suddenly became glitchy. My first thought that the HDMI cable was at fault so I unplugged and replugged it. After this there was no display on the TV whatsoever. I've had similar docking issues with this Switch before so I undocked the Switch, set the RGB Range to limited, and redocked it. This time I noticed the Switch screen didn't go black, it didn't even enter docking mode. I took the Switch out and looked at the screen to see an error, as well as the Switch being frozen. I didn't bother checking the error thoroughly since I assumed a hard reset would fix the issues. Now I am stuck with the Switch not turning on at all. The Switch's battery before it crashed was at 100% since I mainly use it for docked gameplay. I've tried booting it with and without the SD Card, unplugged and replugged the battery, and checked to see if the Switch was booting into RCM with TegraGUI, which it isn't. Nothing so far has worked and now I'm wondering if this Nintendo Switch got bricked just by being docked.

meha

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
are you using the official dock? some 3rd party docks in the past caused switch to brick

meha

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Yes, this is the dock that came with my other clean Switch. It works fine with the clean Switch. Same with the USB-C cable.
well sorry to hear that your switch got bricked.
it could be that your dock is faulty so that it bricks the switch, or your bricked switch's control chip is faulty and couldn't handle current properly and components got fried/shorted.
Recommend changing dock just in case to be safe. And for the switch, check at local repairshop. they can get the components replaced

Miketb101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well sorry to hear that your switch got bricked.
it could be that your dock is faulty so that it bricks the switch, or your bricked switch's control chip is faulty and couldn't handle current properly and components got fried/shorted.
Recommend changing dock just in case to be safe. And for the switch, check at local repairshop. they can get the components replaced
Which components in particular? Would it be possible to do it myself?

meha

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Which components in particular? Would it be possible to do it myself?
yeah you can do it yourself if you have neccessary tools(heating gun, soldering iron, microscope, etc) and skills.
you have to use multimeter and check which components are faulty. It is most likely that your pi3usb chip got fried.
so check if your pi3usb is faulty, buy new one from amazon/aliexpress then replace with new one.
there are lots of videos on replacing this chip on youtube so take a look and good luck

71A2whidYZS._AC_SX679_.jpg

Last edited by meha,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    Thank you
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Thank you