Homebrew Mame sdl unofficially updated

  • Thread starter Thread starter aml435
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 128,053
  • Replies Replies 389
  • Likes Likes 1
Great emulator Toadking.

I have one (probably stupid) question...

Why are you porting such a recent version of mame? Would a much older version not run a lot faster?

Regards.
 
pubjoe said:
Great emulator Toadking.

I have one (probably stupid) question...

Why are you porting such a recent version of mame? Would a much older version not run a lot faster?

Regards.
I started this not knowing different versions of MAME can have big speed differences. However, most games I've tried run smoothly enough with the current version being used.
 
Toad King said:
pubjoe said:
Great emulator Toadking.

I have one (probably stupid) question...

Why are you porting such a recent version of mame? Would a much older version not run a lot faster?

Regards.
I started this not knowing different versions of MAME can have big speed differences. However, most games I've tried run smoothly enough with the current version being used.

Seeing as you've used a newer build for wii mame Osma/Cannon Dancer works great so I'm very happy with that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6tWQAv8N18

It would be nice to play some of the older games that aren't supported (Pang, Rodland, r-type etc) but the fact all of my other games work on the wii is quality!
smile.gif


Operation Wolf using the wiimote rocks!
 
Well mame's been getting more and more CPU demanding due to it's progress in accuracy over playability. A recent example is the change in how multiple cpus are emulated in (near) simultanious clock cycles instead of 'chunks' at a time. This increased the CPU requirement a great deal.

Changes like this have always been happening. I won't pretend to know anything in detail, but I do know that the same games have gotten slower and slower due to advances in accuracy.

Anything below version 100 seems to run a lot smoother, 0.96 seems popular (for running on limited hardware) for some reason. v.99 and below are often used for porting and most games added since then will be to demanding for the hardware it's being ported to anyway. Tbh, I thought this was common knowledge.

On wii sdl mame, I found the frameskip was always needed, even games like donkey kong were too slow unless I turned frameskipping back on in the config file. It'd be nice if it ran 100%.

I don't know anything about coding, so I humbly mention this.
 
Anybody know if you can save hi-scores on games with the Hiscore.dat?

Also I can't get the Taito 1986 shooter game 'Slap Fight' to run? It loads the rom fine (original and bootleg), but then gets stuck in a loop repeating the game copyright disclaimer?
 
Great emulator Toadking.

Can I ask some question on this emulator? Can I adjust rapid fire on Shooting game?

When I first open game with wiimote only.

Then enter the set up input(this game)> P1 Buttom 1 show" Gun 1 x wiimote 0 +"

For some game it's auto rapid fire, but I don't know how to set up. Can you suggest?
 
One suggestion/request that I'm not sure is possible but would be cool is support for Donkey Kong 2 - Jumpman Returns.
I know a few mame versions have patches to run it.
 
Excellent emu, working fine for me so far.

But I'm still waiting for that release that'll clean my dishes, mop my floor, serve me breakfast on a silver platter, do my taxes, and go to work 9-5 every day of the week for me.

(Sarcasm. Excellent work so far!)
 
Hey I encountered a strange bug, I tried to use this emu with my tatsunoko vs capcom arcade stick and while configuring it everything went fine, but when I started playing it would accept all joystick movements that I had set, (like joy left---> player goes left etc.) except for up, that jsut wouldnt work, strange enough it did work in the menu... Did I do something wrong ?

oh and the game I had this problem with was x-men (4-player)

EDIT: Found the problem apparently made a wrong setting in the game specific controller settings and I tried to fix it thinking I had only changed the general controller settings :s
 
every time I try a game (such as Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Hyper Street Fighter 2 Street Fighter Alpha 3) it resets back to the homebrew channel.
 
SSF2 Turbo, HSF2, & SFA3 are all too big to run in the limited memory the Wii has.

Try older, smaller games...
 
werid i tried the F2 button on vendentta on the latest version and it does not work... oh well.

also my old wii got busted and then my old hard drive got busted so if anyone got SDL mame version 0.2 PM me. or post it here
 
DJPlace said:
werid i tried the F2 button on vendentta on the latest version and it does not work... oh well.

also my old wii got busted and then my old hard drive got busted so if anyone got SDL mame version 0.2 PM me. or post it here
http://www.mediafire.com/?jdm2jgyyzyn

You can find all of the old versions of it here.

Also, if anybody wants to, they can compile and test the latest revision, which should add proper widescreen support. I'd test it myself, but every time I try to, I get distracted by Super Mario Galaxy 2.
tongue.gif
 
This may have been brought up before....

Has anyone ever attempted to convert the emulator Raine for the Wii?

The list of games it can play is true retro heaven, it is faster (less draining on resources) than mame and probably wouldn't have the same memory issues.

The Wii is never going to be capable of emulating large memory or 3D arcade games, but all the 2D classics that Raine can play would be an amazing addition to the Wii.

I believe Raine is open source.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could shed some light on the possibility?

Raine Games List
 
Gazdaman said:
This may have been brought up before....

Has anyone ever attempted to convert the emulator Raine for the Wii?

The list of games it can play is true retro heaven, it is faster (less draining on resources) than mame and probably wouldn't have the same memory issues.

The Wii is never going to be capable of emulating large memory or 3D arcade games, but all the 2D classics that Raine can play would be an amazing addition to the Wii.

I believe Raine is open source.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me could shed some light on the possibility?

Raine Games List
No Sunset Riders? Sorry, no deal.
tongue.gif


Never heard of Raine before. Looks like it would be easier to port than FinalBurn Alpha, since it already cross-platform and has an SDL frontend to it.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted