Homebrew Mame sdl unofficially updated

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toad King said:
DJPlace said:
Toad King said:
DJPlace said:
2010-03-26 16:28:01: Unexpected option mouse_index1 queried
2010-03-26 16:28:01: Unexpected option mouse_index2 queried
2010-03-26 16:28:01: Unexpected option mouse_index3 queried
2010-03-26 16:28:01: Unexpected option mouse_index4 queried
2010-03-26 16:28:14: Unexpected option mouse_index1 queried
2010-03-26 16:28:14: Unexpected option mouse_index2 queried
2010-03-26 16:28:14: Unexpected option mouse_index3 queried
2010-03-26 16:28:14: Unexpected option mouse_index4 queried
2010-03-26 16:28:18: Failed to allocate 16777216 bytes (src/emu/drawgfx.c:175)

that's the error i get with bucky o hare i'll edit this post in a bit.
The game uses too much memory, so it's probably impossible to ever get it working outside of a complete rewrite of MAME's graphics system.

werid it ran in 0.2 i wonder why it changed...
It's probably a case where it uses just a little too much RAM. 0.2 was built with support for Konami games only for testing purposes. The support for more games probably used that last amount of RAM it needed.

If you're up to it, you can get the source and compile a version yourself that only has support for Konami games and it should work then.

i'm not a hacking genius so i'm going have to pass well i have 2 sd cards anyway so it does not matter. but keep up the work toad king.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Toad King said:
OriginalHamster said:
I don't see any improvement in framerate, in fact some games plays a slightly slower. I've tested only three so far, and they run better on the previous release.
Did you also replace the mame.ini file? There's some important changes in there.

*runs to change the file*
Thanks =P

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
thanks Toad King for a great release.

keep up the good work
grog.gif

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anybody managed to get pacman (or puckman) to run on the latest build? It quits out to the hbc everytime it loads for me (and its defo the correct rom versions)?

Pacmania, pacland, mrs pacman all work fine but not the original pacman?

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrTea said:
Has anybody managed to get pacman (or puckman) to run on the latest build? It quits out to the hbc everytime it loads for me (and its defo the correct rom versions)?

Look in your MAME folder and look for the file errors.txt. What are the last couple of lines in it after you try to run Pacman?

QUOTE(dantemugiwara @ Apr 4 2010, 11:57 AM) The fowwarders works in this version 0.5???
Don't know, don't care. If they work, great. If they don't, I'm not gonna fix it.

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dantemugiwara said:
The fowwarders works in this version 0.5???

Toad King has been a real dickhead about this, since the beginning. He could easily fix this. The same goes with the list of games when the game opens. He could give a complete list, but he's a dick about it. This thing shows promse, but there are developers here that don't act like this.

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gassy said:
dantemugiwara said:

Toad King has been a real dickhead about this, since the beginning. He could easily fix this. The same goes with the list of games when the game opens. He could give a complete list, but he's a dick about it. This thing shows promse, but there are developers here that don't act like this.
Okay then wiseguy, if it's so easy, how can it be fixed? I'm all ears.

Also, as far as I know I fixed the game list. If you're talking about the 150 game limit, then either A) Get a keyboard and search through it that way, which should work, or B) Get rid of the games you aren't going to play. I'm pretty sure I can safely say that you won't play all 3000+ games in that torrent you downloaded, and SDL MAME Wii probably can't play half of them anyway.

Also, sorry about being a dickhead I guess?

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Toad King said:
MrTea said:

Look in your MAME folder and look for the file errors.txt. What are the last couple of lines in it after you try to run Pacman?

Hope this is helpful:

2010-04-05 09:27:25: Unexpected option mouse_index1 queried
2010-04-05 09:27:25: Unexpected option mouse_index2 queried
2010-04-05 09:27:25: Unexpected option mouse_index3 queried
2010-04-05 09:27:25: Unexpected option mouse_index4 queried
2010-04-05 09:27:37: src/mame/drivers/pacman.c: suprglob is a non-existant clone
2010-04-05 09:27:37: src/mame/drivers/pacman.c: suprglob is a non-existant clone

Also the pre-CPS game 'sidearms' code dumps - but I've never got this to work so I asume its a memory problem (like with Street Fighter 1)?

Gassy said:
QUOTE(dantemugiwara @ Apr 4 2010, 08:57 AM)

Surely the best thing to do is to actually improve the emulator and make games more compatible and stable rather then worrying about using a shortcut to boot up the emu? lmao

By your reckoning your also insulting all the other wii homewbrew that dosn't work with forwarders (UAE, Frodo, Fuse etc)? ..all of which I use regularly! If your that bothered about things booting quickly then use bootmii to boot straight into the hbc. ...I'd say your the dickhead for not contributing something postitive!
lecture.gif

dantemugiwara

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But it is rare...any forwarder works with this emulator... I like this emulator (works nice), I wait that in future release the forwarder or full channels works in sdl mame

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toad King said:
Okay then wiseguy, if it's so easy, how can it be fixed? I'm all ears.

Are you using the path passed in by the Homebrew channel for device detection, or some other reason? You said you were, on the other board. That's the problem. Forwarders don't pass the path. That's the reason this can only be launched through the HBC. ScummVM get's around this by defulting the path, if not passed, to sd:\apps\ScummM, or whatever.

You could give that fix a shot but.....

Toad King said:
Don't know, don't care. If they work, great. If they don't, I'm not gonna fix it.

There's the dickhead attitude. You did the same thing on the other board.

QUOTE(Toad King @ Apr 4 2010, 10:08 PM)
Also, sorry about being a dickhead I guess?

Allright, I probably went too far with "Dickhead", but you rate at least "DoucheBag".

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gassy said:
Allright, I probably went too far with "Dickhead", but you rate at least "DoucheBag".

ok your the one that sounds like a douche you started by calling him a dickhead saying that he had to fix it.
Here we go with another user expecting everything from a dev

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
GWEndlessDuel said:
Gassy said:

Good for him. I applaud him for not bending over for a bunch of fucking rom kiddies.

Yep I second this! Why the need to insult Toadking twice on here??

Boo-fucking-hoo you haven't got a working channel! ...get over it!
lecture.gif

Toad King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gassy said:
Are you using the path passed in by the Homebrew channel for device detection, or some other reason? You said you were, on the other board. That's the problem. Forwarders don't pass the path. That's the reason this can only be launched through the HBC. ScummVM get's around this by defulting the path, if not passed, to sd:\apps\ScummM, or whatever.
yeah, about that... (that's been there since at least 0.3)

QUOTE(Gassy @ Apr 9 2010, 12:06 AM) Allright, I probably went too far with "Dickhead", but you rate at least "DoucheBag".
That's better!
cool.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...