Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Entering GBAtemp.net using Google Chrome I got a warning message:

QUOTE said:
Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at gbatemp.net contains elements from the site megaxfinder.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for megaxfinder.com.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.

Could be something someone posted in the shoutbox, I dunno, couldn't find anything.. Also, I never had that until now (check the post's timestamp).. now it's appearing every time I visit the front page..
unsure.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's not something posted on the shoutbox, it's not the same kind of attack like last time, and I don't see anything fishy in the code.

I'm going to go ahead and close the forum until Costello can take a look at it.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Close the entire forum?
dry.gif

Well, something isn't right and I don't know if it's infecting people's computers or not. I've done everything I can and it didn't fix the problem.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
explanations? a new IPB vulnerability was discovered.
http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?showtopic=276512

The first time, I spoke to Narin and I thought he was going to fix it but apparently I misunderstood him because he didn't.
It happened again today so I took a look and fixed the vulnerability, following the instructions given on the above link.
I did it this morning BUT apparently it didnt completely fix it :/ because it happened a 3rd time later today.
Anyhow I'm trying to figure out a way to completely prevent this, and I think I have a solution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1