Hacking Making TPL (Wii image files) files Transparent?

crwys

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i have tried many times and still can not do this. I will use an example, the wiis cursor. It is transparent, when you extract it and repack it, there is a block around it. (not transparent) On one of HowardC's tools, it has an option for transparency, but it seems to never work, anyone know any way how to repack tpl files and make the transparent?
(Yes i have tried making a picture of my own transparent, then converting it, no good.

acesniper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know anything about making Wii CSM but if you have Photoshop, lower the opacity and save it without a white background as a .PNG file (I'm not sure if the Wii can render this type of file).

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
but then again you need Gally's TPL converter, and it can't take .png
sad.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If this is anything like texture hacking in brawl (which uses .tpl's) then it depends on what type of tpl it is. If it is an ordinary un paletted one, then edit the alpha layer as appropriate (use a .tga) and save. Or if it is paletted then you need to do more complicated stuff.

I don't know what Gally's converter is... I use tplx.exe to convert .tpl to .tga, and Texconv.exe (Revolution SDK) to convert from .tga back to .tpl

If these are completely different tpl's then ignore everything
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night