Hacking Making animated channels

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've seen all these animated channels strting to pop up, and I've been meaning to make one for a while now. I have a few Qs.

1) So WADder can open the animation of another channel and change the pictures around as well as the sound, right? More info / turoial would be helpful please and thank you
wink.gif

2) I've heard of some other way to make your own animation from scratch, though with more of a risk at bricking your Wii. Also more info please.

3) Is it possible to edit the "channel" part of the channel and replace the images? You know, the part that is shown on the Wii menu.

4) Is there some database that has videos of all th channels, so I can choose which one to alter?

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oneleggedjack said:
Is this for your upcoming release of that bad ass starbright loader??

tongue.gif

Actually, it's not, but I imagine this would be helpful when the time comes. Don't expect it to be out soon though, it's coming along, but I've never actually programmed for the Wii before, so it'll be a while.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
So I've seen all these animated channels strting to pop up, and I've been meaning to make one for a while now. I have a few Qs.

1) So WADder can open the animation of another channel and change the pictures around as well as the sound, right? More info / turoial would be helpful please and thank you
wink.gif

2) I've heard of some other way to make your own animation from scratch, though with more of a risk at bricking your Wii. Also more info please.

3) Is it possible to edit the "channel" part of the channel and replace the images? You know, the part that is shown on the Wii menu.

4) Is there some database that has videos of all th channels, so I can choose which one to alter?

1, You can replace the animated images with WADder but will have the same animated effect as original wad. You should choose a good base wad and just replace them. As far as creating an animated channel from scratch, there is nothing that can help do this at the moment as far as I know. Unless you edit the Brlyt/Brlan files. But I have bricked my Wii a few times editing these....thanks to Preloader I recovered everytime.

If you know your stuff well I would imagine you could. You should checkout www.wadder.net for your base wads, check forums for wad guides and I would post also asking around for ppl who might know there stuff well enough to help you out.

I have done a few animated channels but all of them were from base files.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
jarock said:
As far as creating an animated channel from scratch, there is nothing that can help do this at the moment as far as I know.
Mhm..not realy shure, but what about BENZIN?
Quote:
QUOTEDescription: A banner creator, parser, and simulator.
Although it isn't that easy, you'll have to compile a version for yourself, etc...but maybe you can have a look at that. Otherwise, www.wadder.net would be the easier solution, I think...

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
jarock said:
As far as creating an animated channel from scratch, there is nothing that can help do this at the moment as far as I know.
Mhm..not realy shure, but what about BENZIN?
Quote:
QUOTEDescription: A banner creator, parser, and simulator.
Although it isn't that easy, you'll have to compile a version for yourself, etc...but maybe you can have a look at that. Otherwise, www.wadder.net would be the easier solution, I think...

Yeah there is that but it's not really easy, unless you have a fair good idea of what your doing.
Then again maybe you do! I on the other hand don't....lol

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So what about editing where the channel's icon / logo would normally be? I know retail games have those animated, rather than two images fading between each other, so can you edit the animations there?

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
So what about editing where the channel's icon / logo would normally be? I know retail games have those animated, rather than two images fading between each other, so can you edit the animations there?

Yeah you can replace images in most animationed channels.
You can replace the Icon / logo and banner images.

1, If you start with a good base wad that has animation.
2, Open the wad in WADder and view the images you want to replace.
3, Create your images same size as the ones your replacing. "If you preview images in WADder it will show you width+height".
4, Many animated images have transparent backgrounds so do same. You can tell if they have as wadder will show black background when previewing images, unless it is has a black background, but you will know from viewing the original channel.
5, Save your images in a format that supports transparency or bmp file if non as this seems to be the best for non image loss I find.
6. Replace the images in WADder with yours.
7. Any images you don't want don't delete them from WADder just create transparent images same size but blank ones and replace them also.
8. If you delete images you don't want it will prob will have a channel brick.
9. Some trial and error if your not afraid.....
wink.gif

Also just a note be careful if your trying to use an offical channel wad, these are not that easy to edit I find. Had more bricks trying to replace images on these. Would advise using a custom channel base wad that works before attempting one of these.

Best of luck.

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jarock said:
Also just a note be careful if your trying to use an offical channel wad, these are not that easy to edit I find. Had more bricks trying to replace images on these. Would advise using a custom channel base wad that works before attempting one of these.

Best of luck.

A bit to late on that one... I just edited the images in the SSBB channell and now I've got a brick. How do I start preloader again? I thought it was holding Reset while powering on but guess I'm wrong.

jarock

Trophies
XP
Country
G2K said:
jarock said:

Best of luck.

A bit to late on that one... I just edited the images in the SSBB channell and now I've got a brick. How do I start preloader again? I thought it was holding Reset while powering on but guess I'm wrong.

Press power on then keep reset pressed down

Posts merged

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jarock said:
G2K said:
jarock said:

Best of luck.

That's the same thing that I did! WTF!? I created a seperate topic anyway though, so let's keep this on topic.

G2K

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jarock said:
G2K said:
jarock said:

Best of luck.

That's the same thing that I did! WTF!? I created a seperate topic anyway though, so let's keep this on topic.

littlecubba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i take it that there is still no program that allows you to create an animated channel without editing an exsisting one...???
or should that be an eaiser way of creating one from scatch...???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol