moch123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone,
I've been noticing a nasty screen tearing issue that's seemingly popped up out of nowhere in the past day or two. It only appears when I run the vWii menu in 480p (doesn't matter if it's an Aroma 480p forwarder or setting the Wii U to 480p in settings). It doesn't appear on the Wii U menu in 480p, and doesn't appear when I enter Wii mode in 720p or 1080p. I've tried multiple TVs and HDMi cables to no avail. I've attached some pictures showing how it looks like in motion (the animation of choosing a channel makes it very apparent) - any ideas on why this is happening? All help is appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5048.png
    IMG_5048.png
    7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5049.png
    IMG_5049.png
    7 MB · Views: 41

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not clear - You posted in the Wii section, but refer mostly to Wii U (?).

For what it's worth, have you tried composite AV connections ?

moch123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oops...posted this in the wrong section, you're right. Is the custom to just delete this thread and repost it in the Wii U section? lol

And yes, I've tried using a composite 480i connection and it has the same issue. I've ruled out it being the graphics card failing because there's no visual glitches on the Gamepad screen.

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
From your statements, you've covered just about everything :(

Think back to what you may have done (changed/added/installed) in those last few days. You may just trigger your memory. Hope it wasn't your kids that caused it.

The only other thing I can think of is "filtering" of sorts &/or trying a hardware vid-converter. Did you try a CRT ?

Almost everything I've read points to the 480p issues, & some people had success with Standard Definition (720p).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next