• Likes 40

Should I add more screenshots?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
@PokeAcer Wrote 1st amiibo which was wolf link max hearts, app crashed although it wrote data. But when scanning it with amiibitz, shows like a black key hole image and says found Mario.

Had a wolf link sticker tag from *someone else* and that scanned perfect.

renardchenapan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My first batch. Need to improve the edge cutting. Very nice art from Random11
IMG_20170401_232256.jpg

Reactions: Cortador

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Guys, need help. Because I still thinking that they not inkjet. Is it alright?
Glad to receive your inquiry.

Yes, it can be used for inkjet printers.
Please confirm the following information:
1. Material: pvc
2. Chip: ntag215
3. White card for inkjet printers
4. Size: Standard card
5. Frequency: Standard card frequency

PandaOnSmack

Trophies
XP
Country
@PokeAcer Wrote 1st amiibo which was wolf link max hearts, app crashed although it wrote data. But when scanning it with amiibitz, shows like a black key hole image and says found Mario.

Had a wolf link sticker tag from *someone else* and that scanned perfect.

Mario is 0 which is the same as an empty tag so it didn't write correctly

CJGamerXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,
I've decided to make a nice tutorial for creating Amiibo NTAG215s.

You will need:
  • An Android phone with NFC support; most do have it.
  • NTAG215s (Development Website for Ninty sells them at $0.30/tag, Aliexpress for a bit more)
  • Amiitool (see below)
  • Amiibo retail keys (see below)

I have updated this section as of 09 November 2016
You still need TagMo (see https://github.com/HiddenRambler/TagMo/releases/latest) and the NFC key (see my Pastebin :wink:) but then just load in the key, and then get some tag dumps: As I cant say the exact name (it is copyrighted contents, even though they're only 540B), so you need to search for "NFC" and then the word that has the definition of "the land alongside or sloping down to a river or lake."

Just load everything, and ensure you press (Auto)

Want the slightly-out-of-date but still relevant copy? Here you go:
Thanks to @HiddenRambler updating TagMo to use the keys and amiitool inside of it, this is really simple now. You simply need the amiibo key (Google for it, you'll find it on pastebin ;) ), split it in half, and TagMo 2, then load up the 2 keys, then the BIN files.

TagMo 2: https://gbatemp.net/attachments/tagmo-zip.37286/

If you want to do it the old way that requires a PC and all the relevant stuff:
You will need:
  • An Android phone with NFC support (many phones support it, most notably the Samsung and Nexus models)
  • A dumped amiibo (Use the amiiqo app to dump, or google for Amiibo BINs).
  • NTAG215 tags (one per amiibo - you cannot edit once made)
  • @javiMaD 's edited amiitool (https://github.com/javimadgit/amiitool) - Linux only AFAIK, this needs C development libraries, cmake, and libssl-dev.
  • An internet connection.
  • TagMo (https://gbatemp.net/attachments/tagmo-zip.37286/)
  • A hex editor (I suggest HxD)
  • TIME and PATIENCE

First, install TagMo, Amiiqo (if you need to dump your amiibo), and HxD (use Bless if on linux), then start compiling Amiitool.
Next, dump your amiibo, and copy onto your machine. Use the web API for decrypting it, which is at https://www.socram.ovh/amiibo/ (operation must be decrypt, file must be the BIN). Then, open it in your hex editor. This is where you need to find out the 7byte UID of your NFC tag, using NFC TagInfo. Once that is done, go to http://dynamoreason.com/res/g/amiibo/uid/ and place it in the box with NO SPACES. You will get a 9 byte UID - place the first 8 bytes in 0x1D4, and the 9th in 0x00 (like the screenshots):

direct

direct

direct

direct

(Yes I blurred out the amiibo, it IS copyrighted you know)

Save this, then use JaviMaD's amiitool to encrypt, with the command './amiitool -k KEYS.bin -e -i filename.bin -o filename-enc.bin', where KEYS.bin is the unfixed info then locked secrets joined together (SHA1: bbdbb49a917d14f7a997d327ba40d40c39e606ce) and filename.bin is the decrypted hex file we just made. Once encrypted, copy over to your phone, turn on NFC and start TagMo. Once this is done, use the action menu and select 'Load tag from file', select the file, then 'Write tag' and place the tag near the NFC adapter in your phone (don't move it until it says done!!!). Once done, you now have an amiibo!

Hey just one quick question..
Can i edit real amiibos with that?
You see.. a friend of mine gave a waluigi amiibo and i dont have any game that works with it.. so i wanna edit it so i can have a pacman amiibo...

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i edit real amiibos with that?
You see.. a friend of mine gave a waluigi amiibo and i dont have any game that works with it.. so i wanna edit it so i can have a pacman amiibo...
You can't change what the amiibo is after you (or Nintendo) create it. You can only change the data parts.

Pokepicker

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm guessing this might have been covered from before, but as a total noob I have a few quick questions.

Can I use any NTAG215, or are there different ones?
A quick eBay search shows me some cheap round stickers, and some nice PVC cards. I noticed that some of the listings mention Amiiqo and TagMo in the headline. Is this just an attempt to make a little more cash on the same thing?

Do I need to root said Android device to run this?
I have no knowledge about Android devices, other then that my girlfriend was unable to play Pokemon Go until she unrooted her Galaxy S5. Oh. I believe the Galaxy S5 has NFC. I then assume it should be compatible?

neo019

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
Hey all, I'm trying to make this work with an external NFC Reader/Writer ACR122U attached to my android phone...
Tagmo keeps telling me 'NFC is not Supported'... phone is a Xiaomi MiMax so does not support NFC natively.

any ideas?

SenpaiIsTheMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi happy people,

I think, I did something wrong with my selfmade NFC-Tags... Maybe you can help me.

First thing: I planned to make some self made Tags and just bought some without much thinking about if they're the right or not. I ended up with some NTAG216 (Maybe this is where it's not working). I only took care if there's enought space to hold the amiibo data. The ones I got hat 888 byte (writeable 868)

I installed the tagmo app on my phone and read the key files. (I took files, someone recommended in a Youtube video).

First, I read a Ocarina of Time Link .bin file I took from a page especially made for amiibo dumps. Writing on the Tag was successful. (I used the WRITE TAG (AUTO) command.) I wanted to edit it with my 3DS to check if it's working properly. "This is not an amiibo." the 3DS said. My first thougth was: "Maybe the .bin file wasn't working..." And I tried an Kirby file from the same page. Same thing again... Then, I created a dump from a amiibo I had with me and wrote it like the two times before to a unused Tag. Same thing again. I took some screenshots, maybe they show something I did wrong.

So, did I made some mistakes during the process or is the problem really with the NFC-Tags I bought?

EDIT: I did some google research: The NATAG216 only differs in it's size.

Attachments

• 01_Screenshot_tagmo.png
    01_Screenshot_tagmo.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 343
  • 02_Screenshot_empty.png
    02_Screenshot_empty.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 03_Screenshot_original.png
    03_Screenshot_original.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 251
  • 04_Screenshot_selfmade.png
    04_Screenshot_selfmade.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 05_Photo_noAmiibo.png
    05_Photo_noAmiibo.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by SenpaiIsTheMan,
D

Deleted User

OP
First was aliexpress, now thinking to get them from alibaba. IF of course shipping cost would be not big

any chance of a link? want to make sure i get the right ones :)

Make sure you get one with a good original battery, or an NFC compatible replacement.

Think it comes with whatever battery it came with, do you mean that there are cheaper batteries that dont support nfc?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think it comes with whatever battery it came with, do you mean that there are cheaper batteries that dont support nfc?
Yes, there are cheaper replacements that don't have the antenna on the battery. If you use those, you won't get be able to use NFC unless you also get an antenna.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)