Homebrew Making a 3ds game with java?

SpaceByte

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to make a 3ds game with java, maybe a library to detect input plus some converter or something to convert .jar into .3ds. Java is really the only language im really good at so I wanna make a 3ds game with it but I have no idea if its possible

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I don't think so but I know that @Sono tried porting java to the 3DS, you could ask them or wait until they respond to this thread.

This is fame and knowledge I'm not proud of possessing.

Not only did I try porting J2ME and regular JRE to the 3DS (both of which I failed), but I also tried getting the the Java hardware (Jazelle) embedded into each and every 3DS working (at which I sadly succeeded). Now I get why they say Java is running on three billion devices.

I'm trying to figure out if it is possible to make a 3ds game with java, maybe a library to detect input plus some converter or something to convert .jar into .3ds. Java is really the only language im really good at so I wanna make a 3ds game with it but I have no idea if its possible

Yes, but actually no.

Sadly I don't have time to continue my works on this, and no other experienced developer wants to make a (public) framework which would allow for this very thing you're asking. But I have tried it, and it works, but it's awfully slow.

I'm really sorry, but unless homebrew development could make me enough income to pay for bills and food, Java on 3DS will most likely not happen in the near future.
If you really want to make your idea a reality, you sadly need to learn a different language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o