Hacking Make an USB Game Channel.

Ltsykes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, need help, I tried, but failed, someone would be able to create a channel for the Japanese version of SSBB for a USA Wii?

Thanks

The game ID is: RSBJ01

madhutter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys i did not want to ask for a channel to be made so i thought i'd contribute to the solution here. Only problem is im using linux that never having been a problem before i used wine to do this trick.

I made everything as per instructions and used the correct game id the title banner works fine the channel is there however when i load it i get a
Code:
***Read content returned 12698 error -1 while reading dol
, sorry there is some text where *** is however my old 15" CRT TV trims it off so i cant read it. Im assuming it cannot find the USB loader which is installed both as a full non linking channel and and on sd under /apps/usb_loader (as per homebrew installer, if i have remembered it wrong). Any help would be very much appreciated. Also does anyone know if there is a list of the loaders 4 digit IDs as 4 is not many and the chances of me overwriting another game channel seem high the only option is without this info is for me to start doing all 43 games again myself, which seems stupid when there are a lot of quality working channels already avaliable.

Cheers in advance for any help!

Tried again with thw wii fit wad listed on the TUT and got
Code:
***Read content returned 14587 error -1 while reading dol

On that note my housemate just pointed out the the READ CONTENT could equally be HEAD CONTENT????

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jovanah said:
Darkstar87 said:
I'm trying to make a Sonic and the secret rings channel, everything is fine until 'vc out.wad' at which point it falls down, complaining 'can't open title.tmd!'

I'm using your tools and wad and have unhidden everything. I'd love to get this working as i've got loads of PAL games i can make channels for. Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.
Hi guys Im getting the same problem that when i run CMD and type vc out.wad i get the error can't open title.tmd. common-key is not hiden and CMD is defaulting to folder one.. anyone able to help?
(do i actually need to scub the iso and store it on one of the folders.

This is kind of doing my head in now lol. Im getting the cant find title.tmd error on a Vista PC (with admin access and UAC turned off). I tried the guide on a window 2000 PC and the scripts and batch file all seemed to work fine and no error came up.

Anyone got any idea what i'm doing wrong in Vista? as mentioned im logging in on a admin account and UAC is not active. I've even tried running CMD as admin anyway but still get the same problem

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jovanah said:
jovanah said:
Darkstar87 said:
I'm trying to make a Sonic and the secret rings channel, everything is fine until 'vc out.wad' at which point it falls down, complaining 'can't open title.tmd!'

I'm using your tools and wad and have unhidden everything. I'd love to get this working as i've got loads of PAL games i can make channels for. Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.
Hi guys Im getting the same problem that when i run CMD and type vc out.wad i get the error can't open title.tmd. common-key is not hiden and CMD is defaulting to folder one.. anyone able to help?
(do i actually need to scub the iso and store it on one of the folders.

This is kind of doing my head in now lol. Im getting the cant find title.tmd error on a Vista PC (with admin access and UAC turned off). I tried the guide on a window 2000 PC and the scripts and batch file all seemed to work fine and no error came up.

Anyone got any idea what i'm doing wrong in Vista? as mentioned im logging in on a admin account and UAC is not active. I've even tried running CMD as admin anyway but still get the same problem

same error here : (

i'm using Vista and i tried the same thing, I'll try on an XP PC

any solution yet?

jovanah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I spent bit more time trying to get this working last night. I created a New Vista user account, and this time was able to pack the out.wad successful (but still get the title.tmd error on my main login).. I'm able to install the channel and can also see it on my Wii but when i load it up, i now get a data bump error. (the back screen with all the codes running down it)

Its obvious that something I'm doing is not correct but i just cant figure out what. Im using Wiiscrubber to grab the opening.bnr (from the partition 2 section) and saving it on top of 00000000.app. I'm using Ultra edit to editr the 00000001.app. , and I've grab the Game id from wbfs_win.

I've even tried editing the tik & tmd file directly instead of using VC.exe but i still get the same data bump error.

Anyone able to help or have even managed to get it working from a Vista PC.

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jovanah said:
I spent bit more time trying to get this working last night. I created a New Vista user account, and this time was able to pack the out.wad successful (but still get the title.tmd error on my main login).. I'm able to install the channel and can also see it on my Wii but when i load it up, i now get a data bump error. (the back screen with all the codes running down it)

Its obvious that something I'm doing is not correct but i just cant figure out what. Im using Wiiscrubber to grab the opening.bnr (from the partition 2 section) and saving it on top of 00000000.app. I'm using Ultra edit to editr the 00000001.app. , and I've grab the Game id from wbfs_win.

I've even tried editing the tik & tmd file directly instead of using VC.exe but i still get the same data bump error.

Anyone able to help or have even managed to get it working from a Vista PC.

i don't know what's wrong with Vista, but i tried 3 times on Vista and got the title.tmd error

then i did everything on Vista and did the out.wad and vc out.wad thing on an XP pc and i got an error when installing on Wii

when did the whole process on the XP pc (except that i got the opening.bnr from an iso on vista) it installed perfectly
(although i get a restart message when i launching the channel on Wii, i don't think it has to to with this)

i guess the conclusion is that it won't work for Vista at the moment, anyone has a solution?

Nds Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, this will only work for me when my wii ist set to 480i.When my wii is turned to 480p the channels won't work.

RahFah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks!!! Work PERFECT!!!!
Easy and fast, only bad is get the opening.bnr one by one. Can I download this in any place?

Thanks Again =]

Vitet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to create a wad for Monopoly PAL, but I tried several times and it never works.

I followed every step closely but when I start the channel I just got a black screen. One time even a Code dump Error...

EDIT: Nevermind, it works fine now.

I created the wad in Vista, for the info

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry about the big bump on this topic, but i was wondering when it asks you what region you want, is that your wii region or is the the game region you're using? Cheers

EDIT: oops... read it again and now i know, sorry about the waste of time there XD

ohnai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
Is it possible to apply this method to make channel with the dol which has Ocarina On + autoboot ?

I too would like to know how to make a channel using the opening.bnc with any dol of my choice (eg USB Loader)

Anyone know how? Cheers

kenh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
hungyip84 said:
hungyip84 said:
Could anyone try to use this as the base wad to make game channel and see if you can launch the game?

This is the smallest wad i have seen but I could not get it to work with this wad. I can make the channel but the channel could not boot the game.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2496

What I did:

Extract the wad.

Replace 00000000.app and 00000001.app with correct file

Pack the wad

Use VC to change title id

I am trying to find the smallest wad so that I can keep my channel small. I heard that homebrew channel wad is the smallest one so I downloaded the wad from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2496 and use this as my base wad, but it's not working.

I used the base wad provided in this post and it works.

Would it matter which base wad I use? I thought that it would not matter

Hope someone could answer my question
biggrin.gif

I'm new at this too, but i guess it has someting to do with design of the .dol or 00000001.app. Just guessing that one you have don't point back on USB-drive. The one in this package does that work.
I use "USB-Directfromchannel" 00000001.app, 131 KB, works just fine..
Hope that helps..

mbr013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dr_Cox1911 said:
Greetings,

I´ve got a question: Is this tut and the files provided here compatible with USB-Loader 1.5 from Waninkoko?

Same issue...
Still looking for any loader based on Waninkokos 1.5 USB-Loader
My preferred is USB Loader by Brisma (the one if most features)

Thanks...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
mbr013 said:
Dr_Cox1911 said:
Greetings,

I´ve got a question: Is this tut and the files provided here compatible with USB-Loader 1.5 from Waninkoko?

Same issue...
Still looking for any loader based on Waninkokos 1.5 USB-Loader
My preferred is USB Loader by Brisma (the one if most features)

Thanks...

Look at my sig. you can use Crap if you want to use 1.5 based loader... it's easier than the original tutorial depicted here...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it