Make an USB Game Channel.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by skawo96, Apr 4, 2009.

1. spAik

spAik Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2009
    United States
    I tried it on my wii. The channel shows "???" in data management... in the menu it isnt even there.
    doesnt this guide work for 4.0?

2. Omegax0

Omegax0 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    I got 4 working wads and 3 non working, I don't get it. [​IMG]

It worked great at first, however some of my channels get an error while booting. It says 'error -1 while loading dol'. The games work fine when using the USB loader itself though.

3. bozzer123

bozzer123 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 23, 2008
    thanks for this guide [​IMG] just made a channel for Wii Play and i was having some trouble with changing the id but i just edited the .tik and .tmd

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. HandsomePete

HandsomePete Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2008
    Canada
    Ireland

same thing happening here

5. gitkua

gitkua GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    Works great... thanks for the guide, all my channels work fine! Totally awesome!

6. rwilts

rwilts GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2008
    Working great for me - three channels done so far [​IMG]

7. REALDEAL

REALDEAL GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2009
    liverpool
    thanx guys can run myw short cut to cmd was wrong..[​IMG]..now after i run and enter title id it says cant open commom key does'nt exist ( ihave a common key in the folder and its not hidden) can some pm me one or is it against the rules)

8. REALDEAL

REALDEAL GBAtemp Regular

Jan 15, 2009
    liverpool
    OPPS corrected now title wad completed can i just rename this Little league series baseball

9. hungyip84

hungyip84 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 5, 2007
    United States
    Hope someone could answer my question [​IMG]

10. bula

bula GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2009
    United States

Use USB loader and go to your game press A once next screen would have game ID posted as well...just in case you do not want to disconnect your USB HD.

11. Knolli

Knolli GBAtemp Regular

May 19, 2006
    Germany
    great tutorial, thanks =)

12. Moquedami

Moquedami GBAtemp Fan

Nov 16, 2006
    Argentina
    There's something i dont understand. I'm runnign a NTSC-U Wii, all game channels I install should be NTSC-U or it depends on the game?
    I'm asking this because many of my games arePAL or NTSC-J since I have a region free chip.
    If I install a game channel from another region will it cause a brick?

13. Damn3d

Damn3d Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2007
    France
    Hello,

Little question again, when i want create my own channel (not yours), for Okami et Mario & Sonic at Olympics Games, when i want launch the game, the game launch but i have a black screen and a message say "Please, insert the DVD of Okami game", someone else, it's not an error but the same official message of the game if i play with the DVD and i eject.

Have you an idea? other game are ok (i've make for the moment 15 channel for my personnel use)

14. bamabam

bamabam Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2009
    United States
    UK
    how come every time i run wad unpack says done but there no new folder??? [​IMG]

15. TeenTin

TeenTin GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 20, 2007
    Hong Kong
    Is it possible to apply this method to make channel with the dol which has Ocarina On + autoboot ?

16. neos_83

neos_83 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2009
    It doesn't matter which wad you use, because you replace the 000000.app and 0000001.app with your banner and dol respectively. The rest (00002, cert, tik, tmd) is pretty much generic. I doubt you'll be able to make a channel smaller by using a different wad, because its the 000000.app and 00000001.app parts that will have more of an impact on the channel size.

BTW, there are numerous ways to specify the channel id. If you don't want to use the vc tool, then u can just hex edit the tmd and tik files before packing with wad packer. Or you can specify the channel id with wad packer at command prompt:
    ie. wadpacker.exe *.tik *.tmd *.cert wadname.wad -sign -i ABCD
    (just replace ABCD with desired channel id)

17. jovanah

jovanah Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2009
    Australia

Hi guys Im getting the same problem that when i run CMD and type vc out.wad i get the error can't open title.tmd. common-key is not hiden and CMD is defaulting to folder one.. anyone able to help?
    (do i actually need to scub the iso and store it on one of the folders.

18. maduin

maduin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    are you logged in as an administrative account on your computer? If not, that may be your problem.

19. jovanah

jovanah Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2009
    Australia
    Yep my login is the admin account, I also have UAC turned off but i tried the run as admin and still got the some error. Even when i unpack a wad and then repack it with out editing anything i get the same error.

20. fiddlefaddle22

fiddlefaddle22 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2008
    Edit Wrong thread,sorry