Hacking Make an USB Game Channel.

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After a LOT of request to make the channels, I decided to write an guide. So there it goes. I'll update it with pictures tommorow, maybe.

======================================================

First, make 2 folders. To make it simple, call them "Folder 1" and "Folder 2".

Put this: VC Injector
in Folder 1.
Also put "cmd.exe" (it's in WINDOWS/System32, you could also go to START->Search->type in cmd.exe)in the Folder 1.

And then, put this: Wad packer and unpacker
in Folder 2.
Also include "common-key.bin" in both of these folders (Remember that the common-key.bin can't be hidden)

Now, get a wad. For simplicity, you can use my already-made game channel wad, like this one: http://www.mediafire.com/?jy5yry2atzo. Rename it to "in.wad" and put in Folder 2.

Now, run "WAD Unpacker.bat". It should create an folder.

Copy the contents of that folder into the "Folder 2".

Now, run the WiiScrubber. Go to the DATA partition and extract the "opening.bnr". Put it in the Folder 2 and rename to 00000000.app (replace the older 00000000.app).

Now open your favourite hex editor, and open the 00000001.app file. Press Ctrl+F and find the word "subsystem". Scroll up a little and you should see a game id (e.g RZDP01).

Replace it with the game you want to boot from this channel (For example, if you want to boot PAL version of Mario Galaxy, replace RZDP01 with RMGP01). Save and exit.

Now, run the "Wad Packer.bat". "Out.wad" should be created.

Move it to the "Folder 1". Run cmd.exe and write:

Code:
vc out.wad

After some random numbers, it will ask you for the channel's region. Select one and press enter.

Then it will ask you for the 4-digit channel's ID. Be creative! For example. If you want to run Mario Galaxy, write in SMGA or MARG or something like that. Just be sure your new channel's ID won't overwrite the ones on your NAND! And for Christ's sake, don't use ID's like HACA, HABA, HAGA!!!...It will overwrite Shop/News/Weather channels!

After you give your channel an ID, press enter and your wad will be created (it'll be called title.wad)
It's now ready to install.

Enjoy!

mmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Can we get a confirmation that this guide works and can be followed easy? Sorry if you're a well known member or something and I'm questioning you, but I'm new here so I'm not sure who to trust with guides as of yet. I'd be happy to make the channels myself if this guide works. Thanks for the effort either way though, friend.

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone try to use this as the base wad to make game channel and see if you can launch the game?

This is the smallest wad i have seen but I could not get it to work with this wad. I can make the channel but the channel could not boot the game.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2496

What I did:

Extract the wad.

Replace 00000000.app and 00000001.app with correct file

Pack the wad

Use VC to change title id

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
WOW This is AWESOME!!! And it's works for me!!!
smile.gif

This method is THE BEST, becoz':
- IT WORKS
- The Channel Title IS THE EXACT SAME as in the DISC CHANNEL
- And it's easy to do.

Hm, maybe I can write a GUI/Batch file for it...

Yay! Thanks a lot!!
moogle.gif

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
Now, run the WiiScrubber. Go to the DATA partition and extract the "opening.bnr". Put it in the Folder 2 and rename to 00000000.app (replace the older 00000000.app).

Now open your favourite hex editor, and open the 00000001.app file. Press Ctrl+F and find the word "subsystem". Scroll up a little and you should see a game id (e.g RZDP01).

Replace it with the game you want to boot from this channel (For example, if you want to boot Mario Galaxy, replace RZDP01 with RMGP01). Save and exit.

Code:
vc out.wad

After some random numbers, it will ask you for the channel's region. If it's PAL, press 2 and enter.

Then it will ask you for the 4-digit channel's ID. Be creative! For example. If you want to run Mario Galaxy, write in SMGA or MARG or something like that. Just be sure your new channel's ID won't overwrite the ones on your NAND! And for Chrits's sake, don't use ID's like HACA, HABA, HAGA!!!...It will overwrite Shop/News/Weather channels!

After you give your channel an ID, press enter and your wad will be created (it'll be called title.wad)

Enjoy!

Where is this "DATA" partition? I have an ISO loaded but don't see anything like this at all.

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
Instead of using VC, you can just edit the .tik and .tmd

They are very small, you just scroll down to the bottom and replace the 4 character id with whatever you want. I suppose VC may be easier, but this is how I do it =)

No regions needed either.

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome, worked perfectly, my PES2009 channel turned out just as it should have.

great guide, just follow the instructions and you'll be making channels in no time. Maybe took me all of 10 minutes to make the first one, I'm sure the rest will be much quicker too.

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xomp said:
skawo96 said:

Replace it with the game you want to boot from this channel (For example, if you want to boot Mario Galaxy, replace RZDP01 with RMGP01). Save and exit.

Code:
vc out.wad

After some random numbers, it will ask you for the channel's region. If it's PAL, press 2 and enter.

Then it will ask you for the 4-digit channel's ID. Be creative! For example. If you want to run Mario Galaxy, write in SMGA or MARG or something like that. Just be sure your new channel's ID won't overwrite the ones on your NAND! And for Chrits's sake, don't use ID's like HACA, HABA, HAGA!!!...It will overwrite Shop/News/Weather channels!

Enjoy!

I'm stuck at the Run WiiScrubber bit. I just downloaded WiiScrubber 1.40 and when I run the "Wiiscrubber.exe" it says "unable to open key.bin" am I supposed to get this key.bin somewhere? Or create one with this "MakeKeyBin.exe" that came with WiiScrubber 1.40?

You need a common-key.bin...just search it on google.

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I sorted it all out but my title.wad file is only 4Kb (doing Super Mario Galaxy) does this appear to be the correct filesize for such a thing?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkH said:
WOW This is AWESOME!!! And it's works for me!!!
smile.gif

This method is THE BEST, becoz':
- IT WORKS
- The Channel Title IS THE EXACT SAME as in the DISC CHANNEL
- And it's easy to do.

Hm, maybe I can write a GUI/Batch file for it...

Yay! Thanks a lot!!
moogle.gif

That would be cool., but thanks four you guide skowo96.

skawo96

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
xomp said:
Ok, I sorted it all out but my title.wad file is only 4Kb (doing Super Mario Galaxy) does this appear to be the correct filesize for such a thing?
Nope. Did you have the common-key.bin in both folders?

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hungyip84 said:
Could anyone try to use this as the base wad to make game channel and see if you can launch the game?

This is the smallest wad i have seen but I could not get it to work with this wad. I can make the channel but the channel could not boot the game.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2496

What I did:

Extract the wad.

Replace 00000000.app and 00000001.app with correct file

Pack the wad

Use VC to change title id

I am trying to find the smallest wad so that I can keep my channel small. I heard that homebrew channel wad is the smallest one so I downloaded the wad from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2496 and use this as my base wad, but it's not working.

I used the base wad provided in this post and it works.

Would it matter which base wad I use? I thought that it would not matter

xomp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skawo96 said:
xomp said:
Nope. Did you have the common-key.bin in both folders?

Yeah I have common-key.bin in both Folder 1 & Folder 2. This guide seems simple but even I can fuck it up lol I don't know what the hell went wrong..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.