Hacking Major_Tom Explains Game Dumping/Mods on 3.60

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically, you can use the "BATCH_REPLACE_LIST_TXT" (-b) option to mass replace files.
The problem is, that despite my files to replace with being valid, the files in the CPK never change.
SHA256 of the CPK changes, but that can mean literally anything, so that's still not very helpful.
Maybe the game refuses to load the .cpk and tries to load the original .cpk?

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the game refuses to load the .cpk and tries to load the original .cpk?
No, as app0: merges all files.
When we tried to make a CPK with CRI Packed File Maker, it hung indefinitely on the initial loading screen.
Additionally, I manually confirmed the modified archive had the same files contained within.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Have you tried unpacking the CPK, then without any modifications at all, repack them? If it doesn't work, we know there is something with the packing.

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having problems hex editing certain games? I've found that Oreshika and Akiba's Trip 2 both have some sort of built-in encryption. I can't even find the savedata for Muramasa Rebirth.

The only game I've successfully found a value for is Atelier Totori Plus, but the saves are missing when playing the game and selecting load game.

AIDA

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
arks-layer.com
XP
Country
No, as app0: merges all files.
When we tried to make a CPK with CRI Packed File Maker, it hung indefinitely on the initial loading screen.
Additionally, I manually confirmed the modified archive had the same files contained within.

So the program isn't replacing any files inside of the CPK?

Try these:

http://dbxvmods.freeforums.net/thread/3/cpk-unpack-repack

Additonally, you can try the original that my fork (and others) are based off of:

https://github.com/esperknight/CriPakTools

Reactions: dkabot

dkabot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the program isn't replacing any files inside of the CPK?

Try these:

http://dbxvmods.freeforums.net/thread/3/cpk-unpack-repack

Additonally, you can try the original that my fork (and others) are based off of:

https://github.com/esperknight/CriPakTools
Tried the non-fork to no apparent result. Open output in Packed File Maker and the file size is the same (it shouldn't be).
Not tried the first one yet, but it appears to use the same actual packer as Packed File Maker. I'll try it later regardless, just in case.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you guys can help me, I'm trying to dump Trails of Cold Steel. I'm having the same problem as brache, where I'll get an error saying "Insert a PS Vita card that contains this application" when I try to launch the game. I've tried dumping one of my digital games on my memory card and it works so I'm not sure what's going on.

cokacommando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shrinefox I saw your video on the Persona hacking forum, I had a problem, when I try to boot that SQDB browser thingy, it crashes about 20 seconds after it opens. I downloaded it from the official website, so I don't entirely know what's happening. Any help?

dkabot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY GOD IT WAS THAT SIMPLE.
@Shrinefox @AIDA I tried the last tool AIDA linked (though I hold it's likely the same internally as Cri Packed File Maker) with compression off outright.
It launched and I got JP voices.

EDIT: Huh, "Persona!" and such pre-skill battle cries appear to have not changed. Other battle voices are, though.
EDIT 2: Seems to just be generic attack cries. Explicit call-outs of Persona names are JP. Additionally, All-Out Attack, Rise assist, and subsequent duo attacks are all JP.

Last edited by dkabot,

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately, some game cartridges aren't working with this new method. The resulting data is still encrypted.
I tested this and I could decrypt digital games fine,
but Cartridge Game Content would be still encrypted. Two examples discovered were:

Digimon World Next Order - PCSG00792 (JP)
Danganronpa Another Episode - PCSE00692 (US)

Both games are from different regions but had the same issue: The resulting content dumped from gro0 was still encrypted.
If MajorTom is reading this, it would be great if he could look into this issue.

Or explain what could possibly be a problem.

1) Manual of the Game starts with Near (also tested with the Mail App)
2) Molecularshell starts instead of the game (patch folder works)

Data copied from gr0 is still encrypted though.
Anyone any ideas, hints, thoughts?

Also : Tested on both PSTV and Vita, same result...

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, some game cartridges aren't working with this new method. The resulting data is still encrypted.
I tested this and I could decrypt digital games fine,
but Cartridge Game Content would be still encrypted. Two examples discovered were:

Digimon World Next Order - PCSG00792 (JP)
Danganronpa Another Episode - PCSE00692 (US)

Both games are from different regions but had the same issue: The resulting content dumped from gro0 was still encrypted.
If MajorTom is reading this, it would be great if he could look into this issue.

Or explain what could possibly be a problem.

1) Manual of the Game starts with Near (also tested with the Mail App)
2) Molecularshell starts instead of the game (patch folder works)

Data copied from gr0 is still encrypted though.
Anyone any ideas, hints, thoughts?

Also : Tested on both PSTV and Vita, same result...
Isn't the decrypted gro0 data located at app0?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-