Status
Not open for further replies.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Yes, basic but not nearly enough to translate a game XD!
Hah definitely not enough to do a full translation, but probably enough to be able to play through a japanese game and get the gist of it.

Sonickfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sort of understand what wataru is saying.
I took Japanese in High school, so I learned some basics there. (pretty much what he just explained.)

It's starting to fade on me though, so I'm forgetting some of it.. :/
It's bad enough trying to remember how to speak Japanese, let alone read it.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
WataruKun said:
Yes, basic but not nearly enough to translate a game XD!
Hah definitely not enough to do a full translation, but probably enough to be able to play through a japanese game and get the gist of it.
Not even XD Unless you plan on reading Kanji(I haven't even memorized Kanji myself and to translate games that have Kanji I use a dictionary). Perhaps you could play through a game for a younger audience though like this though.

But you would only be BARELY able to understand it with even basic knowledge. Half the thing is not just understanding what is said, but understanding WHY in that particular CONTEXT, what is said is being said.

The best place to start would be to look up the vowel order and start memorizing Katakana and Hiragana. After that move on to more complicated things like the grammar and stuff.

I've been studying Japanese for years and I can still hardly tell what they're talking about in anime. Like I can pick out words, phrases and sometimes even understand short sentences. Which is why I use a dictionary when translating text.

codbroadway

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey im new to this website and everything but im so glad your making a full translation. I have studied little Japanese with this app on my phone. I know that that sounds dumb but its actually working but im currently studying Hiragana 30 minutes a day. Unless this was answered before, are you going to be making a translation for Heartgold because thats the one i play the most? And good luck on the translation!

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
codbroadway said:
hey im new to this website and everything but im so glad your making a full translation. I have studied little Japanese with this app on my phone. I know that that sounds dumb but its actually working but im currently studying Hiragana 30 minutes a day. Unless this was answered before, are you going to be making a translation for Heartgold because thats the one i play the most? And good luck on the translation!
Eventually.

In News, I don't think I'm gonna be making a 3.1 patch. Next patch will probably be up to Ecruteak or something, with a lot of the text that WASN'T translated in V3, translated.

There'll overall be little to no Japanese in Beta V4(Up to a point atleast
smile.gif
)

BenJaManC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WataruKun said:
codbroadway said:
Eventually.

In News, I don't think I'm gonna be making a 3.1 patch. Next patch will probably be up to Ecruteak or something, with a lot of the text that WASN'T translated in V3, translated.

smile.gif
)
On your best guess when will beta v4 patch be released?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BenJaManC said:
WataruKun said:
codbroadway said:
Eventually.

smile.gif
)
On your best guess when will beta v4 patch be released?
Couple days maybe a week.

It'll be a huge update.

Dani1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wataru, I know Japanese just as well as you describe your own knowledge. I'd say we'd be about the same level of progression or so, and thinking about it this way, I'd have to say thanks for all the effort and time you are putting into this project.

I've looked over the requirements and all the stuff involved in what you do, and it's not easy nor quick. Just a head's up about my appreciation of what you are doing.

Makes me happy, both as a gamer and as a student. Keep it up. =)

Ginozor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you did a great work with this game
smile.gif

but make you yet a full translation of the whole game?
and can i then patch this with my own savedata and dont must begin a new game?

go on^^
gbasp.gif

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
@Ginozor the OP might not reply to your queries, well for your info if your save file and the game have the same name it will work (e.g Pokemon HG_patched.nds, save game shud also be named Pokemon HG_patched.sav then it will work..)

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ginozor said:
you did a great work with this game
smile.gif

but make you yet a full translation of the whole game?
and can i then patch this with my own savedata and dont must begin a new game?

go on^^
gbasp.gif
Post like these is why there's gonna be a huge gap between betas from now on.

Takanato

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Yeah as I said before Wataru it doesn't make sense to begin and start all over again. If you're finished fully from the starting town to the last gym then it would make sense because we would have time to play everything out and then when the elite 4 and everything is done then we can just continue from where we left off instead of starting over to see the new changes and experience new translated stuff.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Takanato said:
Yeah as I said before Wataru it doesn't make sense to begin and start all over again. If you're finished fully from the starting town to the last gym then it would make sense because we would have time to play everything out and then when the elite 4 and everything is done then we can just continue from where we left off instead of starting over to see the new changes and experience new translated stuff.
Point your missing is that these are beta patches and are meant to be played from the beginning. This is because even as I move on, I translate stuff that was untranslated earlier in the game.

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, personally Im playing HG with that old patch that died thanks to a guy that stole Raquib+Rykin's work and playing SS with WataruKun's patch, playing it little by little as it gets translated, so by now I should be arriving Azalea Town.

Only thing I dont really like is having the Pokemon names romanized, but well, I just edit them with Pokesav so no big deal.

Just keep up the good work as you have been doing it, there is a lot of people that appreciate your job, despite the Trolls and oter people that try to discredit or insult you/us. (Oh I love to report them!)

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: call sps