Status
Not open for further replies.

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
fishykipper said:
this doesn't run properly on my M3DSReal, it craches when i enter the pokegear! some one please tell me why! and how to stop it!

The answer for your question is somewhere around the ~160 pages of this thread. That question has been asked several times before, so answering it again will just make everyone ask it again over and over and over. Use the search feature, it is your best friend.

Cheers,
wink.gif

summer02

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@fishykipper, i had the same problem and i found a way to fix it. Heres the steps i took so it saves u the trouble of looking

1. Patch the clean soul silver ROM with Wataru's translation patch. The reason i did this was because if i swapped the arm7 files first, it is no longer clean and the patch file would only end up at 0 bytes.
2. I opened dslazy and unpacked the now patched soul silver ROM
3. Then I copied the arm7 file that was located in the download you provided.( as soon as you open the folder, you see the dslazy folder and the arm7 file. I copied that one)
4. I went into the NDS_UNPACK folder that appeared once I unpacked the patched soul silver ROM and over wrote (pasted) the arm7 file with the previously copied one in step 3.
5. I repacked the ROM and over wrote the same file in which i unpacked in the first place
6. Put it on my M3 real and tested it.
7. Worked~~ =D

Hopefully this is clear xP

The Dslazy download is somewhere on page 148-151

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watarukun (again) has a huge point. These are betas so dont go WHEZ TEEH FULL PATZCH COMIN. If you dont wanna start over then wait patiently and cheer him on. OR get an acekard.
--------------------
Akaio lets you play without freezes and you can rename file so it works with old saves.

Rebellion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
whatup777 said:
Watarukun (again) has a huge point. These are betas so dont go WHEZ TEEH FULL PATZCH COMIN. If you dont wanna start over then wait patiently and cheer him on. OR get an acekard.

....what does an Acekard have to do with.. anything?

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
onivan said:
Indeed, and thats awesome IMO. What I'm really looking forward is to have the option to keep Localized or Katakana names just like Raqib/Rykin's patch, I mean, its not that difficult to have those two, is it?

Cheers and do keep up the good work!

I second that! some people cares about legit pokemon (me included). Keep up the awesome work!
ohmy.gif

Rebellion said:
QUOTE(whatup777 @ Oct 14 2009, 07:58 PM) Watarukun (again) has a huge point. These are betas so dont go WHEZ TEEH FULL PATZCH COMIN. If you dont wanna start over then wait patiently and cheer him on. OR get an acekard.

....what does an Acekard have to do with.. anything?

With the unofficial firmware AKAIO 1.5, you can play HG/SS without errors/freezes and not using Rudolph's patch!
biggrin.gif

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i would play it if you made the patch for heartgold again...
frown.gif

but i know, and i understand...

but up to where you translated, Watarukun, do you know if there are any similarities or differences from the hg diaglogue and the ss dialogue?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mosaic said:
WataruKun said:
Hmm... I was thinking of releasing of a 3.1, but I think it would be a waste as, who would play it?

I will! 3.1 that will mean a bit more progress right?
biggrin.gif

Little steps.. Little steps..
More like Yes/No buttons translated, Menu text at the beginning translated, descriptions translated, tons of text that wasn't previously translated before is translated. More than just a small update. Overall, just more complete.

One note:
The Mail Text will remain untranslated as it's not in the main text file.

JayDex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wataru Are you going to translate everything? I just a little confused since kuzo hasn't released a patch in weeks. Hope you finish before next year. Go
rolleyes.gif

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im sure he is gonna translate everything required for the main plot at least, that being the Items and their descriptions and hopefully the whole dialog (main plot). Best we can do is wait...

Cheers!
grog.gif

JayDex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that is true. if we can read the main plot its fine. If its trainers and stuff they can talk to me in jap all they want. their useless within the game. their just there to annoy you.

thientai99x

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I know there's already an HGSS translation going on out there, but I decided to make my own. I've only been working on this for a couple days, but I've got most of the dialogue from both New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City already translated. Adding on to that, that's what will make this HGSS translation different from all the other ones out there, the dialogue, including the new text, will be translated. Most recently though, I've been focusing on translating the menus and stuff, which has been going well. For the dialogue, IF the dialogue was the same in HGSS as it was in the original GSC, I will translate it the same way it was translated in GSC with a few updates(For instance, PROF. is now Professor and important items are no longer all caps). The new dialogue will be translated as well. Here are a couple screenies showing off what's been done...

New screens:

hgss6-1.jpg

hgss6-2.jpg

hgss6-3.jpg

hgss6-4.jpg

hgss6-5.jpg

hgss6-6.jpg

hgss6-7.jpg

hgss6-8.jpg

hgss6-9.jpg

hgss6-10.jpg

Progress Videos:

The dialogue in Elm's Lab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK4ai0KqtJQ

Some dialogue from Route 29 NPC's and Cherrygrove:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVposKhONGI

New Graphics Editing Pics, all credit goes to Rykin and Ryqib12 for letting me use them.

hgssnew1.jpg

hgssnew2.jpg

Downloads

Patch V3 is out!

You can download it from any of these sites...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jdj8vc

http://rapidshare.com/files/290115230/soul...rengv3.rar.html

http://www.filefront.com/14678829/soulsilverengv3.rar

In this patch, most of the story up to where you beat Whitney in Goldenrod is translated. The trainers in the Goldenrod Underground are translated as well.

Also most of the signs up to Goldenrod have been translated as well.

How do I patch it?

1. Open up the provided Xdelta GUI.exe which is supplied for you. To open this, you need Xdelta.exe, which is provided also.

2. Go to the patch tab.

3. Go to "Select Patch" and select the patch file which is provided.

4. Go to "Select Rom" and select your clean, unedited rom dump. The dump that would probably be best to use is the Xenophobia dump of Soul Silver.

5. Go to "Apply Patch".

Now it's going to take a while to apply the patch, so don't expect it to finish applying the patch instantly.

After it's applied, a patched version of your rom should show up in the same folder as the Clean one. This patched rom should be "121 MB" which yes, is smaller than the original rom.

Notes

This patch will currently only work on Soul Silver and not Heart Gold.
Can you post patched rom?

godzilla3456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Hmm... I was thinking of releasing of a 3.1, but I think it would be a waste as, who would play it?

I got enough time to make a video tut on it, cause i read before that you would like one, and I would of course download the newest version

PS. Just for the sake of everyone, make a FAQ's because 99% of the questions have been asked on a page or 2 before and know one has enough common sense to see the answer by searching.

Mas01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wait until patch 4 comes out because it's going to be the same as 3.1 anyway and better. Take your time Wataru, we rather have everything translated than some bits untranslated if you went in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog...