Not open for further replies.

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
shadeselfen said:
?Assistance? said:
Whats the latest version for this patch?

*shoots in stomach*

First post... go.... read.... learn

Totally aggree with you about the "First read then ask" thing, its quite annoying that people like showing about their "deficient knowledge" and put themselves into shame by asking something asked several times before... The best that can be done is as Wataru Kun said: Just ignore them and move on...

Hope the post I made before gave a hint to people having issues with the ROM patching. If not well, it is either their hardware or something going really wrong with their methods.

Nice avatar, shadeselfen

Ravenxeo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jackbirkby said:
S3THST4 said:
onivan said:
S3THST4 said:
I followed your instructions, but, it's not patching. It acts like it's going to, then doesn't. No errors, just doesn't patch.

Its not instant, let it be for like a minute, then come back and check if "_patched.nds" (~121 MB) exists. If you did everything correctly, when you try to move the xdelta gui's window, it will show as "not responding", THAT means it is actually PATCHING your file...
Well, xDelta GUI freezes when I hit apply patch like it should, but doesn't say Not Responding. It freezes for like a minute or so, then stops, but it never patched.

Sometimes the destination folder is different to the one Xdelta is in. Don't ask me why, but some people have reported this problem. Also, make sure you are not running Xdelta from an external drive.

Upon reading this i ran a search of My Computer for any file containing the word 'patched'
It showed up in my Documents and Settings folder marked down under the name of my PC profile 'Jamie_patched.nds'

Is....there some explanation as to..WHY THE HELL THE PROGRAM DECIDED THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!

Edit: Love the picture Onivan~

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ravenxeo said:
jackbirkby said:
S3THST4 said:
onivan said:
S3THST4 said:
I followed your instructions, but, it's not patching. It acts like it's going to, then doesn't. No errors, just doesn't patch.

Its not instant, let it be for like a minute, then come back and check if "_patched.nds" (~121 MB) exists. If you did everything correctly, when you try to move the xdelta gui's window, it will show as "not responding", THAT means it is actually PATCHING your file...
Well, xDelta GUI freezes when I hit apply patch like it should, but doesn't say Not Responding. It freezes for like a minute or so, then stops, but it never patched.

Sometimes the destination folder is different to the one Xdelta is in. Don't ask me why, but some people have reported this problem. Also, make sure you are not running Xdelta from an external drive.

Upon reading this i ran a search of My Computer for any file containing the word 'patched'
It showed up in my Documents and Settings folder marked down under the name of my PC profile 'Jamie_patched.nds'

Is....there some explanation as to..WHY THE HELL THE PROGRAM DECIDED THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!

Well, at least you got it running, and maybe if you mess around with the settings of the GUI (Not sure if you can do that) you will find out why. At any rate, be grateful you got it actually patching the game, and hopefully playing it right now... As for technical assistance, the charge is a keg of beer.
grog.gif

lachlan10411

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey wataru im not trying to be mean just tell you some stuf that ive noticed

1.the message when you black out is not translated

2.the you win so much money at the end of some battles isnt translated.

other than that its a realy good patch and i know how hard it must be 2 trnslate becuase my cousin does that stuff at university and it makes no sense

danbr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this patch, Its everything translated? or just the dialogs that are important for going on through the game? :S

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone post a cheat that works with V3 of Watarukun's patch. I want my togetic (gonna evolve) to become as strong as it can be. So I need a heart scale. Please and thank you in advance.

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
whatup777 said:
Can someone post a cheat that works with V3 of Watarukun's patch. I want my togetic (gonna evolve) to become as strong as it can be. So I need a heart scale. Please and thank you in advance.

AR For The LOSE. Use Pokesav, way better for editing Pokemon saves. There is a community called Project Pokémon, make sure to pay a visit, and in their Forums, you can search for every and each question you would have about that program.

BTW AR engine-integrated cheats on flashcarts won't work because patching the ROM changes the game's ID, which is needed for the engine to associate those cheats to the game, don't ask me what ID that is, because I don't know nor I ever use AR for Pokémon games, it just glitches them beyond salvation.

Cheers!

S3THST4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ravenxeo said:
jackbirkby said:
S3THST4 said:
onivan said:
S3THST4 said:

Edit: Love the picture Onivan~
and Shinku...if you hate noobs so much why stick up for the idiots who cant be assed to read the first post?
Dude, so was mine. Just looked! (And to think, all day I've been trying to figure out where the fuck it was lol)

oppopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey i know i might being a pain but i can read write and speak japanese and i want to help someone translate the games dialogue
The only thing is i dont know how to edit nds games i know how to edit gba and gbc games but not nds so if u need a hand and dont mind explaining how to edit text i wouldnt mind lending a hand to translate the dialogue

thanks in advance
oppopp

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
oppopp said:
Hey i know i might being a pain but i can read write and speak japanese and i want to help someone translate the games dialogue
The only thing is i dont know how to edit nds games i know how to edit gba and gbc games but not nds so if u need a hand and dont mind explaining how to edit text i wouldnt mind lending a hand to translate the dialogue

thanks in advance
oppopp

Hey oppopp, your answer is right Here. Just so you get referred to the real source itself and it doesn't generate yet another debate...

Cheers.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
pinkypatwik143 said:
y dus the 6th screen shot say Im so weak that makes the translation feel funny
did u use ur own words cuz i want a real translation
o.0 He is translating it directly...and this IS a real translation, which is why it feels funny...

Super awesome work on the patch btw. Although at the moment I'm using Kazo's patch, its more just because I've been too lazy to change my AR codes (o.0 does that strike me as a little overly lazy?). I use PokeSav only when I want to perfect my pokemon, but while I'm just playing through the game, I think its easier when I can make the text faster and dash (float) around the screen.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pinkypatwik143 said:
y dus the 6th screen shot say Im so weak that makes the translation feel funny
did u use ur own words cuz i want a real translation
If you want it done differently, feel free to load up thenewpoketext and make your own patch
smile.gif
The Texter's Patch, perhaps. (oh wait, thats: the txtr pch)

GoldenSpark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can Anyone Help Me Made An Account Just For This Translation Looks Really Good But When I Put "SoulSilverEngV3" In The Patch Bar And My Newly Downloaded Soul Silver Rom In The Rom Bar And Click "Apply Patch" Im Pretty Sure It Patches Because The Apply Patch Bar Stays Yellowy/Orange But I Cant Find The Patched Rom Anywhere.. Anyone can Help Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Now go take a shower @BakerMan . Phew +1