Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thomas26 said:
I'm able to get as far as loading it up on my Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.5, In which after running it ends up dual white screens, I wait a while, nothing.
I tested them again and they worked in an emulator. I don't know how compatible it is with that Acekard stuff or whatever, but it works in emulators.

Thomas26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Thomas26 said:
I'm able to get as far as loading it up on my Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.5, In which after running it ends up dual white screens, I wait a while, nothing.
I tested them again and they worked in an emulator. I don't know how compatible it is with that Acekard stuff or whatever, but it works in emulators.
Bah. I guess I'll wait to see if anyone else has the same problem as me.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hum, I get passed the continue screen and it freezes up with a black screen. Yes my rom is clean and I'm on Cyclo DS. Oh, and is the continue screen supposed to be in Japanese? Oh and I'm using HearGold.

Thomas26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Tell me the exact dump. I may have to make a specific patch for your dump.
Uh. I torrented mine so it's not the complete 'name' but it's exact size is 134,217,728 bytes, if that's any help.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thomas26 said:
WataruKun said:
Uh. I torrented mine so it's not the complete 'name' but it's exact size is 134,217,728 bytes, if that's any help.

Get the romulation Xenophobia dump. It's 128MB. That's probably the problem.

Hum, I get passed the continue screen and it freezes up with a black screen. Yes my rom is clean and I'm on Cyclo DS. Oh, and is the continue screen supposed to be in Japanese? Oh and I'm using HearGold.
What dump?

Thomas26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Thomas26 said:
WataruKun said:
Get the romulation Xenophobia dump. It's 128MB. That's probably the problem.
Well, when I extract it from the RAR, It ends up at 128MB.. Somehow.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Viri said:
I'm using the Xenophobia Pokemon HeartGold dump.
Dunno what to tell you. It may just be that it's not compatible with those firmwire things because it works in emulators. If that's not working, just try Soul Silver.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Viri said:
I'm just curious, but why is the Pokemon SoulSilver patch file bigger than the HeartGold patcher?
Probably because Soul Silver patch is pre-patched with an Antifreeze patch and Heart Gold isn't. Could be causing the firmwire problems.

Anyway, Heart Gold runs in emulators. But if you're trying to do the firmwire thing, just do Soul Silver for now.

heartgold.jpg

TTNH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Viri said:
I'm just curious, but why is the Pokemon SoulSilver patch file bigger than the HeartGold patcher?
Probably because Soul Silver patch is pre-patched with an Antifreeze patch and Heart Gold isn't. Could be causing the firmwire problems.

Anyway, Heart Gold runs in emulators. But if you're trying to do the firmwire thing, just do Soul Silver for now.

heartgold.jpg

will it work on flashcarts though? what do you mean by firmwire?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TTNH said:
WataruKun said:
Viri said:

heartgold.jpg

will it work on flashcarts though? what do you mean by firmwire?
Flashcarts or whatever. People have already tested Soul Silver on those and it's worked. Heart Gold will work in emulators only so far, so if you really want to play it using a Flashcart or whatever, use the Soul Silver patch for now, until I've fixed the Heart Gold one.

Smiffy008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Watarukun, thanks for the patch, it works well, I just thought I'd point out a few things that you may want to consider.

The man who gives you the apricorn case is not translated.

Prof. Oak's speech when you enter Mr. Pokémons house is not translated. Also half of Mr. Pokémons dialogue.

When you arrive in Violet city, Kotone's dialogue is not translated.

Just some helpful suggestions I hope
smile.gif
. Thanks again.

Yuki.N

Trophies
XP
Country
I apologise for asking this but the topic is so long and my question wasn't answered in the first message.

How much has been translated in the patch linked in the first post?

I'd love to download it but i'd rather wait if it's only 50% complete.

You're doing a brilliant job translating this and I wish I could help in some way.

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers my question!

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yuki.N said:
I apologise for asking this but the topic is so long and my question wasn't answered in the first message.

How much has been translated in the patch linked in the first post?

I'd love to download it but i'd rather wait if it's only 50% complete.

You're doing a brilliant job translating this and I wish I could help in some way.

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers my question!

It has been translated up to Union Cave, which I think is about a fifith of the game (correct me if I'm wrong).

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smiffy008 said:
Hey Watarukun, thanks for the patch, it works well, I just thought I'd point out a few things that you may want to consider.

The man who gives you the apricorn case is not translated.

Prof. Oak's speech when you enter Mr. Pokémons house is not translated. Also half of Mr. Pokémons dialogue.

When you arrive in Violet city, Kotone's dialogue is not translated.

Just some helpful suggestions I hope
smile.gif
. Thanks again.
It's beta patch. Be happy what's translated(Most all of the NPC's and battle dialogue) is translated. That stuff will be translated later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4