Gaming MadWorld impressions?

CreX

OP
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
So, three days after release. What are your impressions of MadWorld? We have seen great scores. But we all know that bad scores can be a really great game and vice versa. I'm having HUGE hopes for MadWorld tho. From the video reviews I've seen, I havent been this hyped ever!

I'm still waiting for my preorder. Release is 20th march here in Sweden, and the rest of Europe.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm liking it a lot, the art style is great, I feared the black and white could be confusing, but it's not, it's pretty well designed so you can distinguish every little thing on the screen, you quickly forget that you are playing a black and white game. I don't usually like rap, but the music fits the game so well that I can't complain, the narrators are pretty funny too, you really fell like you're watching a TV show, they get a little too repetitive some times though..

The controls are a little hard to master, some times it mistakes my vertical and horizontal slashes and the camera is quite bad, you can't move it freely, only lock up behind Jack, the game has a few a flaws like that.. but it's one of those games that are so unique and fun that you don't mind about them, it's like "Damn, the camera don't wor.. HOLLY SHIT DID I JUST DEEP FRIED A GUY WITH A FISH IN THE HEAD!?
ohmy.gif
"

little spoiler there, sorry..

CreX

OP
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
HAHA... I can't wait til next weekend. Gonna have a full non-stop gaming weekend with a couple of friends. Going to play some Overkill co-op and CoD:WaW online too.

It's nice to sit in the same sofa and play CoD together online
wink.gif

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
CreX said:
wink.gif

Couldnt agree with you more, me and my mate have loads of fun playing COD. Its also handy to have someone point out things you miss.

Cant wait till the 20th. Ive preordered Madworld. Should be really good.

CreX

OP
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
lee1978 said:
CreX said:
wink.gif

Couldnt agree with you more, me and my mate have loads of fun playing COD. Its also handy to have someone point out things you miss.

Cant wait till the 20th. Ive preordered Madworld. Should be really good.
We are playing with 2 Wii:s and 2 LCD TV's tho
wink.gif

Teaming up for real
biggrin.gif

dlxowhd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really liked it at first..
but becomes too repetitve after first few levels.. and playing the game simply becomes a chore.
i quit playing it after 3~4 hours.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I hate to say it and I know I will be seen as some kind of heathen but I have to agree that it does get a bit boring the further you get into the game.

To be honest, I think the game has been over-hyped and some of the reviews have been over the top.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a perfect game.

Finished it 3 times already, harder is harder and less sandboxy but its awesome on either mode.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
On several sites I keep seeing people complaining the game is not fullscreen, but it has borders.
What exactly is the deal with that, in which video mode does it occur?

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sgwiiboy said:
To be honest, I think the game has been over-hyped and some of the reviews have been over the top.
I agree. It's fun but I don't think it deserved some of those high scores (IGN 9.0 I'm looking at you). I guess like most wii games it's only fun in short bursts before it starts getting repetitive.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
If you're finding it boring.. you might not playing it right.. it's not just about killing people.. it's about killing people in the most creative way you can find! Put the guy into a barrel, stick some candle holders in his face and eletrecute him! That's how you do it!
smile.gif

But yeah, it might be the cup of tea for everyone.. it's a beat'em up, so it's supposed to be a little repetitive by nature.. I find it fun anyway.

Also, I haven't finished it yet (on the 4th area right now), but each level keeps surprising me with new unexpected stuff (I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the bloodbath challenge on the first level of the 4th area, I lol'ed hard), and the story is a lot more complex and deeper than I thought at first.

And, yep, the game might be a little over hyped, but IMO, it deserves the hype for being something new and totally original.. and not just another grey/brown shooter or another Wii mini-game collection
tongue.gif

CreX

OP
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
If you're finding it boring.. you might not playing it right.. it's not just about killing people.. it's about killing people in the most creative way you can find! Put the guy into a barrel, stick some candle holders in his face and eletrecute him! That's how you do it!
smile.gif

But yeah, it might be the cup of tea for everyone.. it's a beat'em up, so it's supposed to be a little repetitive by nature.. I find it fun anyway.

Also, I haven't finished it yet (on the 4th area right now), but each level keeps surprising me with new unexpected stuff (I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the bloodbath challenge on the first level of the 4th area, I lol'ed hard), and the story is a lot more complex and deeper than I thought at first.

And, yep, the game might be a little over hyped, but IMO, it deserves the hype for being something new and totally original.. and not just another grey/brown shooter or another Wii mini-game collection
tongue.gif
Yeah.. I've tested the 2 first levels now. And I smply love the game too. Gonna wait til the weekend and totally go full out with tha game!

And about over hype. MadWorld has hype, yes. But it's not chaotic in any way. Games like Halo3 and GTA4 are REALLY over hyped. I got borded to DEATH after 2 hours with GTA4 for example... gets totally uninteresting fast and you end up driving over ppl on the streets the last 10 minutes you play... and after that you won't even look at the game again.

MadWorld on the other hand are my cup of tea.. it's FUN and have geat gameplay. Games are suppost to be fun and not a cinematic-shader-effect-show imo.
This video says it all, what I think and mean.

geishroy

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's this years NMH. Not saying it's bad, it's just been sort of repetitive thus far. I might play it the whole way through, but it'll probably just go unplayed like every other Wii title.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
CreX said:
CockroachMan said:
smile.gif

tongue.gif
Yeah.. I've tested the 2 first levels now. And I smply love the game too. Gonna wait til the weekend and totally go full out with tha game!

And about over hype. MadWorld has hype, yes. But it's not chaotic in any way. Games like Halo3 and GTA4 are REALLY over hyped. I got borded to DEATH after 2 hours with GTA4 for example... gets totally uninteresting fast and you end up driving over ppl on the streets the last 10 minutes you play... and after that you won't even look at the game again.

MadWorld on the other hand are my cup of tea.. it's FUN and have geat gameplay. Games are suppost to be fun and not a cinematic-shader-effect-show imo.
This video says it all, what I think and mean.

Actually when you put it into perspective with GTA, over hyped was probably the wrong word to use. It has however, been highly anticipated amongst gamers amd there were very high expectations. In most cases like this, the anticipation is greater than the end product.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's a great game. For me though, it's a game to play for an hour at a time, not something I can get truly immersed in.

Lastly, far too much pressure has been placed in this one game to a) be one of the Wii's best and b) to be a flag bearer for more adult games on the Wii.

mhadf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a pretty good game, interesting art direction, bizarre combo kills and finishing moves. The commentators in game are genuinely funny too. But repetition does set in rather quickly if you just use the chainsaw all the time.

Sgwiiboy has a point about the pressure on the game to be flag bearer for more adult Wii games. And I hope that Madworld makes studios think twice about inferior ports or skipping the console altogether when it comes to anything above a 12 rating. I hope that 3rd parties will at least give the Wii a look now, rather than a cold shoulder.

Now if only it had been given a worldwide simultaneous release, that would have boosted sales something wicked
biggrin.gif

orangejon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lots of fun!! Chopping people up or pushing them up against trains is quite satisfying!! Especially when you feeling like crap with the viruses that are going around now. Just hope no idiots do a copycat anything and then get politicians on the back of the developers.

CreX

OP
Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
Now after I've played it through I have to say that's easily on my top 3 Wii games!! Twilight Princess and Okami ranks 1st and 2nd.
I simply love the game, it's hilarious!! I'm on Hard mode now. Three levels in so far.

CreX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.