Hacking Mad World with Gamma loader 002 fix

opzarnbee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OKay..so i know there are like a GRIP of discussions going on with madworld and everything (about how you get a black screen and you have to install 3 different ios') but i finally got my backup copy of one. I'm kinda a noob...but anyways...i got the back up and burnt it with img burn (Sony DVD-r/max speed). I popped it in my wii and loaded the gamma launcher. and everything worked PERFECT. I mean of course load times may be longer since soft mods read at 3x speed but other than that everything went perfectly. So for the NOOBs that are just getting into the soft mod/hacking scene, just get gamma launcher with 002 fix..burn your backup of MAD world and everything will work perfectly. Don't get confused about all the other discussions going on about the game..they don't effect you.

sgwiiboy

Trophies
XP
Country
I got this game to work perfectly with gamma without the need for the 002 fix. I am using Waninkoko's CIOS36 rev 8 and it doesn't need gamma with 002 fix.

Bobbarooskie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also getting the error 002, I downloaded the Gamma002fix_r2, but I'm not sure what to do with it.
I've installed wads from the homebrew channel before, Can someone tell me what I'm supposed do with the 3 files.

I don't have any chips in my wii, I'm just have homebrew and the Gamma backup loader 3

Sorry for the noob question, Any help would much be appreciated.

opzarnbee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bobbarooskie said:
I'm also getting the error 002, I downloaded the Gamma002fix_r2, but I'm not sure what to do with it.
I've installed wads from the homebrew channel before, Can someone tell me what I'm supposed do with the 3 files.

I don't have any chips in my wii, I'm just have homebrew and the Gamma backup loader 3

Sorry for the noob question, Any help would much be appreciated.

I used this guy's guide as it was the most helpful for me. This gave me step by step instructions what to do.

http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html.

If u haven't downloaded the files from him..i recommend you do so as it is MUCH easier to follow the instructions with his files.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlphaAxe said:
Can't you just use Gecko OS with error 002 fix? Why would people need to make a backup?

yup, and you can also run the original through 002 fixed gamma, that's what i did first once it was giving me a black screen on start from disc channel, then i realized it was only running at 3x (i think?) and went looking for the geckoOS 002 fix build that's floating around here and have been using it since. I manually installed IOS 53 and 38 and still no dice from disc channel but i don't care, I'm used to running mostly everything from the homebrew channel anyway and as long as i got to play the game i just dropped a sick fifty on, i'm good
smile.gif

AlphaAxe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
AlphaAxe said:
Can't you just use Gecko OS with error 002 fix? Why would people need to make a backup?

yup, and you can also run the original through 002 fixed gamma, that's what i did first once it was giving me a black screen on start from disc channel, then i realized it was only running at 3x (i think?) and went looking for the geckoOS 002 fix build that's floating around here and have been using it since. I manually installed IOS 53 and 38 and still no dice from disc channel but i don't care, I'm used to running mostly everything from the homebrew channel anyway and as long as i got to play the game i just dropped a sick fifty on, i'm good
smile.gif

I know, I just don't understand why the thread poster is implying that you 'need' to back it up.

pxkxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys. I've fallen a little behind with this. But i am unable to play mad world or any other new game because of 002 error. i have downloaded the cios36 as sgwiiboy said. But how do i install that cios36??

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It takes 5 min to patch the game free from 001 & 002 errors. (works on linux with wine. WiiScrubbler need MFC42.DLL, not hard to find it with google)

1) Open WiiScrubbler, Browse & open your ISO file
2) Browse partition 2, Right Click on main.dol -> extract. Save it somewhere, keep in mind the place
3) Open "Wii Generic Patcher", open the main.dol, search & fix 001 & 002
4) Save it
5) Back to WiiScrubbler Right Click on main.dol -> Replace, browse the dol you modified, then accept. Its done
6) Burn the DVD or transfer the image on the USB device.

5 minutes to patch it, no longer 002 errors..... At all.....

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Satan2k said:
It takes 5 min to patch the game free from 001 & 002 errors. (works on linux with wine. WiiScrubbler need MFC42.DLL, not hard to find it with google)

1) Open WiiScrubbler, Browse & open your ISO file
2) Browse partition 2, Right Click on main.dol -> extract. Save it somewhere, keep in mind the place
3) Open "Wii Generic Patcher", open the main.dol, search & fix 001 & 002
4) Save it
5) Back to WiiScrubbler Right Click on main.dol -> Replace, browse the dol you modified, then accept. Its done
6) Burn the DVD or transfer the image on the USB device.

5 minutes to patch it, no longer 002 errors..... At all.....

Too bad that this 002 patch renders some games unplayable. It's really recommend to use a loader that fixes 002 the better way. USB Loader GX, SoftChip(Fake IOS Version NOT Remove 002) and NeoGamma for example.

Satan2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not too bad, it worked perfectly for my madworld (if you looked my topic on backup loader board)

I tested it, it works, i'm not gonna advise something i did not test before...

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kimikal27 said:
sgwiiboy said:
I got this game to work perfectly with gamma without the need for the 002 fix. I am using Waninkoko's CIOS36 rev 8 and it doesn't need gamma with 002 fix.

you my friend are unique

And me too? Haven't played since upgrading to 4.0, but I had a 3.2u with no extra steps or mods, and never had to install anything for this game to work...
Will test again tonight, since I just upgraded to 4.0u, and still have no 'fixes' or 'patches' for specific game issues.

emuhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so maybe i just have bad iso's (not likely as my other iso's work fine)... going along with this post.. when i open wii scrubber and the iso... THERE IS NO PARTITION 2???????????????

what am i doing wrong...

also i extract the main.dol in partition 1 it says that it can not find an instance of Error 002 on main.dol...

any suggestions.....

thanks much

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)