all titles have disappeared

Doomguy47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently was trying to transfer my data from a new 2ds xl to a new 3ds xl so i copied everything on my sd card and used the transfer tool. after i did that i saw that all my homebrew died so i just loaded the backup i mad and put it into the 2ds. after i did that everything was gone like my games including the dsi ware. luma still works as well as homebrew launcher still work but all of my other titles have disappeared. is this fixable, and if not, can i still get my saves from the backup i made.

bitten2up

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first check the Nintendo 3ds folder to see if there are 2 folders, if there is not you can run faketik "github . com / ihaveamac / faketik" (remove the spaces) and see if that fixes your problem

Doomguy47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first check the Nintendo 3ds folder to see if there are 2 folders, if there is not you can run faketik "github . com / ihaveamac / faketik" (remove the spaces) and see if that fixes your problem
there are two files there, i also tried running faketik but it said there was nothing

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
after i did that i saw that all my homebrew died
That is what faketik is for.

so i just loaded the backup i mad and put it into the 2ds.
I don't know what this means. Weren't you trying to transfer data to your New 3DS XL? If so, you're supposed to run Faketik on your New 3DS.

You did a System Transfer so of course none of your old SD card data will work on your 2DS anymore.

Doomguy47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what faketik is for.

I don't know what this means. Weren't you trying to transfer data to your New 3DS XL? If so, you're supposed to run Faketik on your New 3DS.

You did a System Transfer so of course none of your old SD card data will work on your 2DS anymore.
what i did was deleted the data on the sd card then copied what i saved before i did the system transfer. what im trying to do is see if i can recover the titles that i had because the have all disappeared from the home screen and fbi's title section, or at least recover the save data

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what i did was deleted the data on the sd card then copied what i saved before i did the system transfer.
System Transfer isn't supposed to change any of the data on the SD card.

(Nonetheless, I hope you didn't delete anything without backing it up first.)

what im trying to do is see if i can recover the titles that i had because the have all disappeared from the home screen and fbi's title section, or at least recover the save data
Yes, it disappeared on your 2DS. Running Faketik on your 2DS won't do anything at this point. You need to run Faketik on your 3DS – with your SD card inserted, of course.

Doomguy47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it disappeared on your 2DS. Running Faketik on your 2DS won't do anything at this point. You need to run Faketik on your 3DS – with your SD card inserted, of course.
System Transfer isn't supposed to change any of the data on the SD card.

(Nonetheless, I hope you didn't delete anything without backing it up first.)

ill try that
Post automatically merged:

ill try that
there is no hacked software on the 3ds

im propbably just going to hack the 3ds and start over because i think i just corrupted my titles somehow

thanks for the help anyway though

Last edited by Doomguy47,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there is no hacked software on the 3ds
Yes, you will have to install b9s+Luma on your 3DS before you can run faketik. Otherwise your homebrew will not be available.

i think i just corrupted my titles somehow
You didn't corrupt anything! This is entirely normal for the System Transfer process! It's like you're not even reading my posts.

Doomguy47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you will have to install b9s+Luma on your 3DS before you can run faketik. Otherwise your homebrew will not be available.

You didn't corrupt anything! This is entirely normal for the System Transfer process! It's like you're not even reading my posts.
do i use a different sd card to install it,then use the first one with all the data?

Doomguy47

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just like installing b9s+Luma on any other system. You don't need a different SD card.
ok, im installing it now but im doing the new method cause it makes you update to do the system transfer

ok, im installing it now but im doing the new method cause it makes you update to do the system transfer
it worked!!! thank you so much!! :)

Last edited by Doomguy47,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids