Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

Radz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, that might be the reason of repeated Mii's even in Random Mode (If speaking of MACycle).

Anyway, I use both Atheros and Realtek dongles: The Realtek one (It changes the hosted network properly) to have different Mii hits and the Atheros to have stronger Mii's on Mii Quest and gain more soldiers in Warriors Way, 'cause all the Mii's on the "1E" octect have weak armys lol.
Well, we need to figure out where this problem is occurring so we can fix it.

Is it something native to the Atheros cards? MACycle? Is there any way to compensate for these changes?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help getting started, I'm using a USB adapter from here to make an "attwifi" hotspot

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?p_id=8072

The cd that came with this USB allowed me to make a hotspot and I was able to connect with my 3DS with it but on a WPA2 connection with password (no way to change to no security.) afterwards I used the MACycler but I'm not getting any streetpasses after setting it for 300 seconds. What am I doing wrong?

Radz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to check to make sure the MAC address was actually changed first.

UPDATE: I am on my laptop now and I checked the MACs. They all get changed to 2E. I think I'm going to experiment and see if it is always 2E or if it is a shift that can be compensated for somehow.

UPDATE 2: I tried using a different first octet (6E since it was the same distance from 4E and 2E is from 4E), but it still sets it to 2E regardless.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
hi there i found a small bug regarding your program
1. if the order is not selected and start is pressed down, it will cause the button go disabled

it would be great if you can add in a pause button as sometimes need to clear the tags and do some plaza quests (might take a while)

Yeah. I found the same bug myself by accident, so I am working on repairing it.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to check to make sure the MAC address was actually changed first.

UPDATE: I am on my laptop now and I checked the MACs. They all get changed to 2E. I think I'm going to experiment and see if it is always 2E or if it is a shift that can be compensated for somehow.

UPDATE 2: I tried using a different first octet (6E since it was the same distance from 4E and 2E is from 4E), but it still sets it to 2E regardless.
Ok is there a program I use to allow change to my MAC address. I'm now noticing its not allowing it to be changed.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using macshift, I had to move it to the root of the C:\ drive for it to work for some reason.
The program within the folder. I never thought of touching it as I believed it was a component to the main program. So what do I do, just double click it and then try the Mac Cycler? Why did you have to move yours to the C drive?

mhazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try right clicking makeshift, properties, unblock( if you can see it),Compatability tab, Privilage level, tick the box Run this program as an administrator. Then do the same for macycle.
I've got the xp with nintendo usb wifi adaptor to work, and I'm seeing alot of new people : ) none of the old ones , unfortunatly there is no script for cycling.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My MAC address is still not being changed like its supposed to. What am I suppose to do with macshift, I changed the permissions like you said.

Radz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The program within the folder. I never thought of touching it as I believed it was a component to the main program. So what do I do, just double click it and then try the Mac Cycler? Why did you have to move yours to the C drive?
I moved everything to C:\ including macshift and MACycle.

You need to rename your native REAL wireless card to "Wi-Fi".

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You should add an option to decide wich name adapter will have its MAC changed, and not Wi-Fi for default, usefull for those who for some reason are unable to change their adapter's name.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
You should add an option to decide wich name adapter will have its MAC changed, and not Wi-Fi for default, usefull for those who for some reason are unable to change their adapter's name.

I've been contemplating this as well, but I'm not too sure what I want to do with this yet. Perhaps I can add this, but leave it as "Wi-Fi" as default.

GreedKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying the program, runs nicely, but i'm starting to notice something.... everytime the monitor turns off or i close the notebook lid, the program freezes (FYI, all the energy options are set to dont put the notebook in sleep/standby mode, only to turn the monitor to shut down... i'll try changing it to see if anything changes, but if you know a fix for this, please, tell me

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been lurking on gbatemp for around a decade now, but I thought I ought to sign up just to give my opinions on, and say thanks for, the whole homepass thing.
I first set up my Mac Pro at work a few days ago using the guides here and have had no issues at all (although it only seems to generate passes using the _The Cloud SSID) - I then dashed home to set about the rather complicated procedure required to convert my old Nintendo Wi-Fi USB dongle into a soft AP so I could use my winXP pc to spoof the streetpass network...
All went well (edited the Buffalo firmware to read the Nintendo device, hex edited the Asus app to recognise the Nintendo device, followed all the settings described to the letter), but just couldn't get anything to connect with it. After 8hrs of retrying, uninstalling, and going through the procedure from scratch multiple times I gave up and went to bed.
The following day I read some other threads here that gave me a few ideas to test in the hope that it would work, but still nothing - so I gave up on my main xp machine (with a wired connection to the internet) and thought I'd try my bedroom-relegated 2nd xp machine that connects wirelessly...
And it works flawlessly - and better than that MACycle works great on it (despite the impression given that it's for use with win7/8 exclusively), meaning I don't have to bother with the procedure of manually cycling MACs with TMAC.

So, a big thanks to everyone that's contributed to MACycle (and its predecessors), and to everyone that figured out the streetpass spoofing methods, as well as everyone who's supplied MAC's and other helpful info :yaynds:

Reactions: Alexander1970

Radz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to confirm, this does work with XP and the Nintendo Wi-Fi Adapter?

I ask because I'm going to try and set up my brother and all they have is a XP desktop with only a wired connection. Thankfully, I found our old Nintendo Wi-Fi Adapter and was going to mod it to work as a SoftAP. I haven't promised him cycling MACs, but just that he could get a pass every 8 hours. I want to be able to get him cycling though if at all possible though.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, like I said in my above post; MACycle v1.2 works on one of my winXP desktop using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB adapter/soft AP mod. Not sure why I couldn't get it working on the other - possibly due to remnants of the official nintendo wi-fi usb drivers still lurking in registry somewhere (despite several thorough reinstalls/uninstalls).
Remember to rename the soft AP/nintendo wi-fi adapter "Wi-Fi" so that MACycle knows which connection it's cycling MAC ad's on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: