Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@moshii

I agree that Steve Jobs is a retard clown who dances for money...
And that most mac users are arrogant pricks, most advanced OS...right, it can only run on ppc and x86

But OSX still shines brighter than Linux in some categories. Hate the prices, hate the people and the corporation but at least give some credit for the numerous things apple have contributed.

Obviously this isn't a rant about how great OSX is than everything else, because i personally run Linux, but if i had an option between windows and OSX guess which one i would choose.

iJeff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
?Azimuth

All very true.

Did I mention I think most people shouldn't allowed to touch a computer?
You don't give monkeys hammers.

thats the goal of apple, make computers so simple and baby like that retarded mac fanboys/monkeys are able to use them

Microsoft are the ones aiming towards the un-experienced computer user and reeling them in until they don't know their way out. They've experienced a majority due to their licensing deals and to that alone. If it were not for almost every PC coming loaded with an OEM Windows OS, they would not be anywhere near where they are today. Every Windows user expresses the same distaste for their own OS, but most stay soley due to familiarity.

Apple's success is the result of many intelligent moves, with the acquisition of NexT being one of them. Steve Wozniak was great for his ingenuity but if he were in charge, the company would not exist as it is. Steve Jobs brought on the success to Apple, he also brought it NextStep (Mac OS X). The security on Mac OS X is not only due to its smaller marketshare (although a contributing factor), it IS in fact due to the UNIX core as well. The operating system, at its core, is more secure than Windows and tailors around a very "sudo" administrative interface as found on my favorite Linux distros.

I'm not here as an Apple fanboy, I wouldn't buy their junk like the iPhone, nor their high end systems line (due to the fact that the machine would be quickly outdated) but I do prefer some Apple product.

Azimuth, you're sounding quite like a fanboy yourself..

Modrak

Trophies
XP
Country
As a mac user, all I can say is..."I don't give a F*ck
wink.gif
"

There are no "real" and harmful viruses for Mac, just a few proof-of-concepts that require you to have really obscure setup, very far away from everyday use...

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@iJeff

for someone whos screenname starts with an "i" to call me a fanboy??
And did you read my previous posts defending apple
if you can't take an insult about your product then you are a fanboy, at least i admit that Linux isn't perfect and OSX outperforms it in some things.

iJeff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@iJeff

if you can't take an insult about your product then you are a fanboy, at least i admit that Linux isn't perfect and OSX outperforms it in some things.

A typical fanboy response, get shot down and pretend you didn't say anything flammatory. I don't know about any of your other posts but that post indeed was fanboy-ish.

I use Linux, OS X, XP, and Vista. Vista is a great improvement to XP but is far from perfect, Linux is not prepared for widespread consumer adoption, and OS X still lacks a majority marketshare and good games. Each has their pros and cons but you cannot refute the fact that Windows is a sub-par product that would not be here today if it had not made intelligent licensing moves.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@iJeff

A typical fanboy response, get shot down and pretend you didn't say anything flammatory. I don't know about any of your other posts but that post indeed was fanboy-ish.

I use Linux, OS X, XP, and Vista. Vista is a great improvement to XP but is far from perfect, Linux is not prepared for widespread consumer adoption, and OS X still lacks a majority marketshare and good games. Each has their pros and cons but you cannot refute the fact that Windows is a sub-par product that would not be here today if it had not made intelligent licensing moves.

i agree that windows is a sub-par OS, no inovation or thought put in to it. But your claims of me being a fanboy are "shotdown" as you said by my previous 2 posts defending OSX, why do you talk when you haven't even read what i have to say. Plus the last one was a joke, if you can't take a joke don't lower yourself to name calling.

iJeff

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i agree that windows is a sub-par OS, no inovation or thought put in to it. But your claims of me being a fanboy are "shotdown" as you said by my previous 2 posts defending OSX, why do you talk when you haven't even read what i have to say. Plus the last one was a joke, if you can't take a joke don't lower yourself to name calling.

Let's call a truce on the grounds that we are both Canadian... and obvious geeks.
grog.gif

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Macs, or more preciously Apple, should be hated for these simple facts; Steve Jobs is an arsehat.. the only person that ever had talent at Apple was Steve Wozniak.
The Mac features that people are raving about today have existed for years, they were just too stupid to look.. OSX the most advanced OS in the world, um it's FreeBSD on Mach. Safari ... um that's called Konqueror. What people don't realise is that Apple have gone around and fucked all these people off by taking and not giving anything back.

Um, no. OSX is (arguably) the most advanced OS simply because of the way it ties together a simple microkernel like Mach with a full-featured POSIX API from BSD plus a flexible driver system like I/OKit. That's also a very understated simplification of what XNU is, but it's more accurate than just "FreeBSD on Mach."

What's funny is that the OSX kernel is called XNU for "X is Not Unix," but 10.5 has received certification for the Single UNIX Specification. So X IS UNIX!

And as far as Apple fucking over the devs, Apple has given back a LOT to the groups they work with. There is significant on-going work with FreeBSD teams as well as the KHTML teams. There was a little bit of a hissy-fit thrown by one of the KHTML devs almost 3 years ago because he didn't like the way Apple was giving back (which was basically just periodic dropping of codebombs on them instead of frequent diffs and changelogs). After that story got some attention, one of the WebCore devs, Dave Hyatt (that's Apple), posted an open request for suggestions on how they could better accomodate their open-source counterparts. He received many responses and they DID implement many of them, including better documented changes submitted over to them. And to say Safari is just Konqueror is so wrong...that's like saying a C5 Corvette is called a Camaro Z28. Same engine, whole different package.

I'm a member of several Apple dev mailing-lists...they are VERY good to their own devs as well as those they share code with.

That being said, I'm not a fanboy for ANY OS. I can see the strengths and weaknesses of each, I just don't like blatant misinformation being spread, which this thread is full of.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BETA215 @ BETA215: Fighting downhill is proper of traitors, sometimes you do what you have to do...