My modded switch is suffering with virus??

Tomsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Today, when I connect to WiFi and open tinfoil (shop), this error ooccurs. (I normally play games with airplane mode.) It doesn't stopped my switch from downloading games / playing games. My modder told me that is a new virus spreading at libera shop. He has two other customers getting same error code, after few days, their switch became laggy and laggy, lastly turn down and unable to boot up again, and there is no solution right now. Any helps?

Attachments

• IMG-20240314-WA0030.jpeg
    IMG-20240314-WA0030.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by linuxares,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are no viruses on HOS that cannot be detected via svc process list, and it's hard to create new process from inside homebrew if it doesn't support creating them.
Malicious file exploiting bugs in tinfoil code - sure, why not.

But well, someone must provide a better proof than error of reading boot0, without it you wouldn't be able to even boot Switch since day 1 it occurs. And that tinfoil reads it at all sounds pathetic. Well, this is what you get by trusting closed source app with too much access to your Switch if you run it on sysmmc without any backup. Only way to fix it is to ask tinfoil author to patch exploit.

Emummc users shouldn't be that much worried, you will need in worst case recreate emummc.

Last edited by masagrator,

Tomsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I was panic because the modder told me it happens to other people and they all end up with very serious issue. He told me to delete tinfoil and wait for few days to see if there are any solutions.

Currently the switch is still playable, and I'm not feeling any lag yet.

I'm ignorant of switch modding, is the error of reading boot0 a better situation than i thought? And what should I do next?

My modder has asked me to make a try at rebooting the switch, but I'm not feeling secured to do it.

Tomsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
just sounds like a bogus message this pirate shop is throwing up. delete the shop and move on
I guess it is not fake message since I'm still receiving this pop-up when opening tinfoil with airplane mode on.

However, I don't completely rule out the possibility since my switch is still working normally, and I will happily accept it if it is true.

Tomsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Update*
My switch is still working fine (not yet try to reboot), but I couldn't find the eMMC folder inside emuMMC (and of course boot0 and boot1), things doesn't look good. My seller tells me he wanted to purchase my switch tablet with $100 for investigation purpose.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Lol, this guy wants to scam you xD

It's still a fully functional Switch, in worst case you must recreate emummc. Don't sell it under market value. If you will do it, you will be an idiot.

Last edited by masagrator,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Update*
My switch is still working fine (not yet try to reboot), but I couldn't find the eMMC folder inside emuMMC (and of course boot0 and boot1), things doesn't look good. My seller tells me he wanted to purchase my switch tablet with $100 for investigation purpose.
There's it, the catch on lying on you.

He wants a cheap console for "investigation purposes", yeah sure...

Tomsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
He keeps asking me to reboot my device to see if it can still boot up, but I'm too scared of doing it. He also told me that there is no way to solve the boot0 missing issue since it is inserted inside the switch instead of sd card, and there is no backup.

Today when I plug in the device to pc, I really couldn't find the eMMC folder and boot0, which makes me wonder if he's telling the truth.

I don't have much knowledge about modded switch, should I try to reboot? Is it likely not booting up since there is no boot0 file? Or what else should I do?

Thanks in advance for all your helps!!

Tomsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm lack of knowledge about modded switch, I'm not even sure if boot0 is inside sd card or elsewhere...

Sorry if my question looks stupid.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If emummc folder wouldn't exist, your emummc instance currently running would crash as system reads and saves data from/to it on regular basis. I think you have total misunderstanding how emummc works and it frustrates me I can't show you how everything should look like for next 3 days.

FlameSlap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a look at this thread on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchPirates/s/nwVAAMbiTW

So according to this post and comments, If you can boot into sysnand with no issue, then it is likley that boot0 just got corrupted on your emmunand, which means your switch hardware is fine and you can either try and fix the issue or reformat the sd card and start from scratch.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This guy wants to scam you, that's for sure.

Emummc can be always rebuild. Make save backup and just do that restart already. At worst you will recreate that emummc and restore saves.
Post automatically merged:

There is an emummc file (with raw1 folder) inside my sd card, does it mean my device is using emummc?
You have Nintendo folder there used exclusively for emummc. If you have file based emummc, you store there also emummc data, otherwise it's stored on separate partition.

Reactions: FlameSlap

Tomsn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have plugged in my switch again to check the file just now, the files inside SD Card > emuMMC are RAW1 folder and emummc configuration settings only.

I'm glad its not the end of my switch yet. From what I have understand, it's the sd card / emMMC that need to be fixed right?

Luckily I have ask for your help, I almost decide to sell my tablet next Monday. Thank you so much!!:D

Reactions: FlameSlap

FlameSlap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad its not the end of my switch yet. From what I have understand, it's the sd card / emMMC that need to be fixed right?
That is correct.

Luckily I have ask for your help, I almost decide to sell my tablet next Monday. Thank you so much!!:D
Dude don’t sell it unless you need the money. The switch is fine. Just needs this issue fixed is all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?