Phrostay

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
There is just a problem with macos: there is not plugin to play .ass subtitles as they should be played.

I heard Mplayer OSX can, but if i load a .ass subtitle with it i get only "???????" as subtitle even changing the encoding (subtitles are in italian).

make sure that .ass file or whatever has the same file name as the movie. Should work after that. Never heard of that file format before though lol.

ovejon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to give my side of things. I am primarily a pc person because I play games. But having a mac as a laptop is a very good complement (own a macbook pro). Once you start using osx you will find how much better it is compared to Windows. You'll need some time to getting used to it but it is so stable and easy to use that it becomes an extension of yourself. Like many of you already mentioned get a mac if its for everyday use the price will pay off in terms of stability and ease of use. Stick with pc if you are into gaming. Also I believe that macs have better resale value than pcs so if you decide to upgrade to a new machine the old mac can fetch a good price.

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
you make a good point but if you wanna spend less than you would for a pc and have the same unix stability, build a pc and just use linux - ubuntu is nice. so it fedora or red hat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1