Hacking m3Real GBA Expansion Pak Questions

val3f0r

Trophies
XP
Country
I also have the same problem with mine. I did what people said about recharging the DS while the expansion pack inside it but it doesn't really do anything. My save files always gone.

Does anyone who have M3 GBA expansion pack is working just fine without losing save files ever in their entire time? Does this mean my expansion pack is defective?

I'm using G6DS Real for my slot-1 btw.

If in any case my expansion pack is defective, so sad, I just have to get a new one (drain more my money >.< ) or rather what is the other good GBA expansion pack should I get if I prefer to buy other than m3?

P.S: Although this is for G6DSReal card, out of my curiosity, is it possible to drag & drop copy over the GBA save file from VBA emulator to my G6DSReal? Because the file extension are the same .sav but just different size (VBA .sav file 64kb and G6DSReal .sav file when created is 128kb together with a .sais0)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine works fine
I never had any problems with saving

just had to figure out which games actually save (zelda minish cap wont save no matter what besides RTS)

I have an .0 and a .is0 files

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a few issues from time to time with one of the Castlevania games. It would save fine and I could turn it off and load my save gane etc fine. I was about 80% comlpete and when I went to laod my game it was showing it was not there adn had to start again. From that point on i would save but also RTS. If for some reason my save was not there (in game save that is - which happened severakl more times) I woudl simply load it from RTS.

Made no sense why the in game save was not there at times but using RTS as well was the solution I used
smile.gif

Other than that I have never had an issue with GBA saving - however thanks for the tip with Minish Cap

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
@val3f0r: There are two more carts you can use as GBA expansions, EZ 3-in-1 and Evin GBA expansion..You have reviews of both carts here on GBATemp, I believe..

As for Reals expansion..I had problem when I bought it, because I didn't knew about recharge thing, but after I recharged it, it worked just fine, never had any problems..Minish Cap worked OK for me?!
And I never used RTS..maybe I had different region ROM..I don't know..

Pharrit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad it works for some.. Thanks for the input, it was absolutly needed
dry.gif

Anywho, It used to work, but like a I side, it stopped working a few weeks ago. So any expansion cart will work with it? Or just the few mentioned? As soon as I can get another one i'll be taking the M3 apart and seeing what can be done to fix it

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
EZ-flash 3 in 1 works with m3real, but might not work through it's internal GBA loader.
in which case you need GBA exploader(which certainly won't be a problem, since it will be easier to access with the m3sakura firmware that comes out later this week)

val3f0r

Trophies
XP
Country
From out of the blue, suddenly my m3 gba exp pack is working fine again although with RTS enabled and I used it just in case I lost the save file again (didn't use RTS before and the save file is gone) eg. in Fire emblem, I used RTS to save each time when the game is asking to save a chapter.

I wanna try without enabling the RTS but too scared for the save file will be lost >.<

Let see if there is nothing wrong from now on.

Off-topic: so, anyone have tried copy GBA .sav file from VBA emulator (if they play on it, that is) to your flash card and able to play it from that point you save on VBA? I tried but doesn't look like it's working for me, it doesn't let me play from the point that I save on VBA emu but instead from the point where I save from the flash card itself

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You know that filnames MUST be the same, Golden Sun.gba - Golden Sun.sav!!
And when you try that, you must remuvo your previous save (made with flashcart, back it up on your computer, and delete it)
I remember I managed to import save into Real, but I don't know was it save from VBA or some of my original GBA games..

val3f0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
You know that filnames MUST be the same, Golden Sun.gba - Golden Sun.sav!!
And when you try that, you must remuvo your previous save (made with flashcart, back it up on your computer, and delete it)
I remember I managed to import save into Real, but I don't know was it save from VBA or some of my original GBA games..

Yea I know the rom filename and save filename have to be same and I did that. And for the results, what I said on my previous post, it just won't let me continue from the point where I save from emulator. Although the save file made by VBA is 64kb in size while the save file made by my G6Real is 128kb in size.

I don't know if that makes the difference but I remember once, just "ONCE" in quite while ago. I did copy over my FF6 GBA save to my flash cart and somehow it continues from that point. And after that, the agony of lost save file when I want to play it again on my DS. >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY