M3DSS Cheat Database Problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Arasynth, May 9, 2009.

May 9, 2009
  1. Arasynth
    OP

    Newcomer Arasynth Newbie

    Joined:
    May 9, 2009
    Messages:
    7
    Country:
    Canada
    Hey, everyone.

    I'm kind of new to the community, and I've been having some problems with installing the cheats from all the various database folders. [​IMG]

    I'm currently using an M3DS Simply card, with firmware 1.14 English on it. I've tried for hours to get the cheats for Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume to show up, and I know they're in there because I went through the .DAT files that I've downloaded from various places on the boards here with R4CCE. I even tried following Curley's tutorial, and that came up with nothing either: the game simply refuses to recognize certain cheats. When I finally installed USRCHEAT.DAT instead of the standard one, some games show up, but some don't.

    My _system_ folder currently contains a folder called ebook, with a few files in it. a file called GBAFRAME.BMP and USRCHEAT.DAT.

    I presumed that was all I needed for them to show up, but clearly I'm doing something wrong because they're not answering.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time. [​IMG]
     
  2. elixirdream

    Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

    Joined:
    May 27, 2008
    Messages:
    10,007
    Location:
    6th Dimention
    Country:
    Malaysia
    go to my signature choose >>click here
     
  3. Arasynth
    OP

    Newcomer Arasynth Newbie

    Joined:
    May 9, 2009
    Messages:
    7
    Country:
    Canada
    Alright, I looked at your signature, and followed the click here link. It brought me to the FAQ page, which I already read. I hit Add Game, checked the GAME ID, and it did come up with a DUP?; the original Valkyrie Profile codes that were in the cheat database. However, it is still not recognizing the fact that I have AR codes for the game.
     
  4. elixirdream

    Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

    Joined:
    May 27, 2008
    Messages:
    10,007
    Location:
    6th Dimention
    Country:
    Malaysia
    sorry didn't mention this to you m3 simply = r4 = you don't see all cheats [​IMG]

    by the way abandon the idea of U/E database! it doesn't help
     
  5. dsrules

    Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2005
    Messages:
    3,276
    Country:
    here's a easier solution, download the usrcheat.dat and open it with R4CCE, delete all games in the usrcheat.dat except Valkyrie Profile or delete all other games except the ones that's currently in your microsd, save the file to your microsd
     
  6. Arasynth
    OP

    Newcomer Arasynth Newbie

    Joined:
    May 9, 2009
    Messages:
    7
    Country:
    Canada
    Surprisingly, this solution of removing games from the list worked; Valkyrie Profile's cheats are working just fine now... if I may be so bold, what is the reason behind this? It doesn't make sense to me that all of these codes somehow blocks them from appearing... Is it simply too much data for the system to handle, perhaps?

    Either way, thank you both for your help. I am in your debt.
     
  7. elixirdream

    Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

    Joined:
    May 27, 2008
    Messages:
    10,007
    Location:
    6th Dimention
    Country:
    Malaysia
    m3 simply = r4

    hence it can only display 800 games and the limit of your database is 4 MB

    i would teach you another better way instead of deleting it, so you can maintain your database

    launch 2 r4cce
    one with the existing database
    one is another blank database
    copy (ctrl+C) the game titles you want from the existing database
    go to the blank database and paste (ctrl+V) it
    make sure cheat enabled is ticked
    save as usrcheat.dat (if you are using)
     

Share This Page