Arasynth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, everyone.

I'm kind of new to the community, and I've been having some problems with installing the cheats from all the various database folders.
wacko.gif

I'm currently using an M3DS Simply card, with firmware 1.14 English on it. I've tried for hours to get the cheats for Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume to show up, and I know they're in there because I went through the .DAT files that I've downloaded from various places on the boards here with R4CCE. I even tried following Curley's tutorial, and that came up with nothing either: the game simply refuses to recognize certain cheats. When I finally installed USRCHEAT.DAT instead of the standard one, some games show up, but some don't.

My _system_ folder currently contains a folder called ebook, with a few files in it. a file called GBAFRAME.BMP and USRCHEAT.DAT.

I presumed that was all I needed for them to show up, but clearly I'm doing something wrong because they're not answering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
smile.gif

Arasynth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, I looked at your signature, and followed the click here link. It brought me to the FAQ page, which I already read. I hit Add Game, checked the GAME ID, and it did come up with a DUP?; the original Valkyrie Profile codes that were in the cheat database. However, it is still not recognizing the fact that I have AR codes for the game.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Arasynth said:
Alright, I looked at your signature, and followed the click here link. It brought me to the FAQ page, which I already read. I hit Add Game, checked the GAME ID, and it did come up with a DUP?; the original Valkyrie Profile codes that were in the cheat database. However, it is still not recognizing the fact that I have AR codes for the game.
here's a easier solution, download the usrcheat.dat and open it with R4CCE, delete all games in the usrcheat.dat except Valkyrie Profile or delete all other games except the ones that's currently in your microsd, save the file to your microsd

Arasynth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Surprisingly, this solution of removing games from the list worked; Valkyrie Profile's cheats are working just fine now... if I may be so bold, what is the reason behind this? It doesn't make sense to me that all of these codes somehow blocks them from appearing... Is it simply too much data for the system to handle, perhaps?

Either way, thank you both for your help. I am in your debt.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
m3 simply = r4

hence it can only display 800 games and the limit of your database is 4 MB

i would teach you another better way instead of deleting it, so you can maintain your database

launch 2 r4cce
one with the existing database
one is another blank database
copy (ctrl+C) the game titles you want from the existing database
go to the blank database and paste (ctrl+V) it
make sure cheat enabled is ticked
save as usrcheat.dat (if you are using)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol